Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Kuky Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Long story short. My XW had an A last year. I couldn't handle the thought of her, so I left, took the kids with me. I learned exactly who she had her A with, and learned also that there was another guy before him that I was unaware of.

That being said, I got a good result from my D. I got my children for the majority of the time, and the child support to go along with it.

My problem is, she is engaged to a guy, by her own admission, she has only known for 3 months max. They get married next month, and I am struggling on how to handle the new step parent that is about to enter my kids lives, (ages 5 and 2). This guy, is not the OM with which she had her A with. For all I know, he may actually be a good guy, I don't know.

How do I handle it with my kids? Do I just forget his name until something happens, if something happens? Do I do a background check on him once I learn his last name?

I honestly don't give a care about her anymore, but I am concerned about my kids, getting a "new parent" just a short month after our D happened.

How do I handle it.

"Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn't blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won't cheat, then you know he never will." - John Macdonald
B
B
They've known each other 3 months max, and getting married already, and you have only been divorced a month? Sounds like a trainwreck getting ready to happen.

He probably won't be around very long, but I would get a background check since your children are so young.

S
S
Astute advice from Believer...follow it. In-depth background check. Protect your kids from your xW's questionable decisions.

SD

BH - me 53, ONS 1979
FWW - 51, 2 EA's, 1 PA
Last D-Day, Sep. 30, 2003
Last Contact/recovery began 2-26-04

***You can do anything with time and money...but remember...money won't buy you time!***
K
Kuky Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hehe, my D was final on Monday.

I suspect it has something to do with the fact she is so far in debt she has forgotten what color money is.

How much do I need to know about him before I can get a BG check?

"Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn't blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won't cheat, then you know he never will." - John Macdonald
S
S
Call a local PI and ask - they will tell you, or do a search on the internet - there are lots of places to get one done.

Name and address - SS helps too.

The great thing about PI is that he will do all the leg work.

SP

Me BSx2 63

1st M 13yrs WS Multiple As.

DD45 DD43 DS41 first marriage.

Him WS 56 P/A. PA + Multiple EAs from day one.

Current M. 26years

D Days 10/02, 11/02, 01/03, right up to 03/06

NC since 03/2006

Me Stage IV Breast Cancer since 36months,

Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us (Hebrews 12:1).Titus wife, Linda
M
M
have ur kids even met this guy yet?? what do they say and think? they must be confused?

i'd get a counselor for them if for nothing else, for this new adjustment period... first mommy and daddy are not living together anymore and all of a sudden they are going to have a new step daddy... they are going to need some support.

find a good family/children's counselor and work with them.
mine went for over a year and it did wonders.

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

M
M
My problem is, she is engaged to a guy, by her own admission, she has only known for 3 months max. They get married next month, and I am struggling on how to handle the new step parent that is about to enter my kids lives, (ages 5 and 2). This guy, is not the OM with which she had her A with. For all I know, he may actually be a good guy, I don't know.

If I was you, I'd have a long talk with him. Give him your version of the history you shared with your W. Perhaps she hasn't been completely honest with him about what happened up to the point she got involved with him.

That might be enough to get the M postponed for a bit.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
K
Kuky Offline OP
OP Offline
K
They're both unwilling to talk to me about anything. I know where he works, but I think talking to him would only result in violence.

How can I get his last name? Can I get it from perhaps running a vehicle history report maybe? I think I can get his cars vin. My main concern is him, her barely knowing him, he could be a child molester, who knows.

Unfortunately, I think a counselor may be a good idea. I can talk to my kids about a lot of things, but I fear this could get over my head quickly.

H
H
Don't talk to anyone. Get a PI or someone that can dig up everything on this guy. If he finds out that he's a church going, likeable, trustworthy fellow, with no arrests warrants or questionable history then fine, that will help soothe your fears a little. On the other hand (if as I suspect due to your WW's choices, decisions, being wayward, etc) he is a loser he could have a "track record" that you need to know about. Depending on what you find your reactions may be doing nothing all the way up to going back to court to limit or restrict visitation by your Ex wife depending on this guys history.

Get it done!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation