Or is there anyone else that feels that our childrens' schools could be doing a little more to encourage the concept of "family"?

Had my first talk with the school counselor the other day. Stacy was trying to keep me away from her and trying to keep her side of the story in the counselor's ears, the whole while embellishing and omitting facts.

I made it a point to get in contact with the counselor, and she listened in amazement as the children and I described what was actually happening here, contrary to Stacy's fabrications. One interesting statement she made to me was "I can't help but notice that your children are so much more relaxed around you than they are with Stacy."

I spoke with her at length, but I stopped short of a character assault that I wanted to say, but didn't. I wanted to say Stacy and I both know the kids can have a better life, I want them to have it, Stacy doesn't.

Heres my point:
Maybe it is just me, but I am frustrated at the apparent apathy placed forward by the schools towards people in situations like ours. They, more than anyone, should realize the benefits of an unbroken home and family unity on children, yet they do not advocate this when getting involved with people in our situation. Instead, they don't make an attempt to suggest cooperation between the parents and suggest marriage counseling before the tragedy of divorce strikes the lives of the children they counsel, they just blindly jump right in and try to help kids "cope", "accept", and "adjust to" divorce. It is this type of thinking that contributes to what I characterize as the "disposable marriage affliction" we are infected with.

BTW, the kids and I have moved to a townhome, Stacy to a house in a town about thirty miles away. She is still pulling her "my freedom" crap, which is more like desertion of me and the kids.

Everybody Lies.
Gregory House, M.D.