Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I am trying to Plan A my BH (maybe WH) and am having a hard time sticking with the program ... what is your best Plan A advice???

W
W
Looking forward to the answer on this one.

My issue is how long to allow the cake eating.

originally planned for 6 months but now I am at the three month mark and already thinking of switching to a sort of Plan B mode.

Me FWH - 29 WW - 29 2 Kids; Boy 9, Girl 1 year WW - EA/PA Nov 2006 - Current (Approx 16 weeks and ongoing) Me FWH - EA/PA Nov 2006 - February 2007 (Approx 12 weeks, NC achieved) WW Separated 11 Dec 2006 MC Dec 2006 (About 5 sessions, did no good save for a list of ENs) Currently working on saving the marriage. My Ongoing Story of Double Infidelity
J
J
my best advice...

take care of yourself, eat, sleep, have fun. work on issues that need to be worked on (nagging, cleaning, whatever)

be the girl he fell in love with... spend time together doing fun stuff, dress to impress, cook to impress, go out, flirt, have fun.

be the person he wants to come home to... dont nag, have the stuff that should be done done, make time to make him feel special.

*DISCLAIMER* You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any information shall be at your sole risk. Keep cool; process promptly. Keep away from fire or flame. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. If condition persists, consult your counselor. Slippery when wet. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Sanitized for your protection. Use only in well-ventilated area. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Decision of judges is final.
T
T
My H cut off contact with the SOW pretty quickly after D-day, although he still worked with her for a couple of months (contact about once a week). My best advice is pretty much the same as Justletgo's...make his time with you, phone calls, etc. something to look forward to, my H's biggest fear was that I would never get over the A and would throw it up in his face forever and always. It was hard, but I didn't do that (much)..of course, I had questions, and I asked him what she had to say to him the times he did have to be where she was, but generally I tried to project the image that I was ready to move along and work on us if he was, and I was. If he was still activly in the A...well, I doubt if I could have pulled it off, but everyone's situation and tolerance level is different.

Me - BS 44 Him - WS 45 3 month A..admitted to PA after 5 months of denial D-day 12/25/05 .. Merry Christmas to me Married 24 years 1 DS - 21 1 DD - 19 Recovering nicely
M
M
Plan A = Really long first date.

Constantly trying to fix the relationship will drive anyone away pretty quickly. OK, WS lied and continues to lie....It is what they do.

So, would you like fried chicken or steak for dinner tonight.

(Sure beats "Why can't you just agree to work things out and stop all this running around with OP?")

Mark

I
I
I second everything JustLetGo said.

Also, my best advice would be to ask everyone you know for prayers. You don't have to be specific. Out of the dozens of people who I asked to pray for me and H, only one (my mom) knew what she was praying for. I know my friends prayers are what gave me strength to keep up the Plan A. It is hard to do, but it works.

BW(me)-32
WH-31
married-6 years
2 kids (4 and 1)
D-day-12/16/06
NC-12/18/06
T
OP Offline
T
How do you let go of the pain of knowing they are in an A while in Plan A? Do you fake it or do you just say "it will end one day, and until then I'm going to give him a reason to end it?"

M
M
T_F_C,

You change what you need to change. You work on what you have control over. You work on being a better YOU. You can't fix HIM, so you fix your own stuff and pray that he gets to the point where he will fix his stuff. Either way, you are better than before and end up being the best you possible.

As for the pain, you just have to deal with it and give it time. Working on yourself will eventually give you peace and the pain will lessen each passing day.

I can tell you from experience that for a BS, the pain is sort of omnipresent. It gets better, but I don't know if it is ever gone completely. I haven't been at this long enough to know for sure. In my case, A is over, soon after Dday, mainly, I think because of exposure and prayer, but partly because I reached a point where I was willing to move on alone if need be. I realized that I would survive and be better in the end, regardless of the outcome.

Have you done enough snooping to know that he is having his own A? Besides the "I need space," speech, what other indicators are there?

Mark

T
OP Offline
T
1. Way too many phone calls and text msgs in a day
2. Friends tell me they are together all the time
3. He spent our anniversary with her (or so I'm told)
4. IM log w/ another girl - he's apparently spending the night with this week while out of town
5. Clings to the cell phone like his life depends on it
6. Deletes all text msgs out of the phone to both women
7. Has changed passwords to most everything

I'm sure I probably left something out ...

W
W
I didn't read all the responses here but my best Plan A advice:

1) Expect that there will be contact and expect that he is lying. DO NOT let these things sabotage your Plan A. Try to put them on the way backburner for now.

2) Obstacles are those scary things you see when you take you eyes off of the goal.

W
W
One more thing -

Study Orchids babble back technique. Learn how to babble back.

T
OP Offline
T
Where would I find that?

T
OP Offline
T
Never mind ... I got it! ROFL

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation