Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1846591 03/20/07 06:03 PM
R
OP Offline
R
My D was to be final any day now but we had a clause in the settlement that needed to be revised. I was dealing with things relatively well until today...

I received a very disturbing e-mail today. I am extremely concerned by this statement made by WH's attorney today, "As indicated several times our client is most concerned with quickest finality to these matters.."

I'm extremely bothered by WH's concern with the "quickest finality" to our divorce. I simply do not understand his need to speed up the divorce any more quickly that he has already. This statement upsets me to no end.

I haven't talked to WH since last June because I entered Plan B when he announced at MC that he was filing. I have the greatest need to plead one last time for the salvage of our marriage. He jumped into the D process almost immediately after I exposed his A. My question is do you think I should contact WH (thereby breaking Plan B) to ask for another chance? I suppose I have nothing to lose as he was and is so blinded by the affair. BTW, I have no idea if the A is ongoing but I'm assuming it is since I haven't heard otherwise, plus it is and was a romantic A.

I value any input you may have regarding this matter.

I supposed I'm getting emotional as the D is so close to being final and the words that WH's atty really triggered some emotions I haven't felt in awhile.

Looking forward to a new chapter since D was finalized on 4/24/07 from WH.

"I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
H
H

Hi....I know how you feel. I kept thinking that my H must not understand that I really wanted to work things out. That I really hoped we both cared enough about each other to make the necessary changes. That I believed in US. But I guess I'm coming to terms with is that he just doesn't value us, or our marriage. It's not that important to him...he'd rather not make the effort.

It's taken me a long long time to accept this. You have to believe what they are saying in words and deed...

I'm sorry that it hurts so much. But in the end, you are better off with giving your love to someone who will cherish it and want to nurture and grow the love you have between you.

Take care ...sending you good throughts...

Me - far from a perfect person - but trying to improve all the time
K
K
If you ask me, no you shouldn't contact him. Why would you go crawling back to him, when he was the one who couldn't stay faithful to you.

The quickest finality may just mean that he is anxious to get the whole thing over with and move on. A lot of people think that when D comes to the end of its life.

Or, he could be like my XW, was married 9 days after our D was final... (2 weeks ago) I wonder if the other guy really knows what a catch he really has after dating her for 3 really long months... can anyone say major baggage.

Don't ask him for another chance, no way. Focus yourself on what lies ahead of you, and don't look back. Who cares if his A is ongoing or not.

"Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn't blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won't cheat, then you know he never will." - John Macdonald
G
G
If I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t break Plan B. In large part because you’re hurting enough already, and the likelihood he’ll say no. Also, I’m not sure what you are asking for. Do you want him to go to counseling again? Do you want to ask him to give up the OW (if she’s still in the picture), do you just want him to delay the divorce?

At any rate, lots of hugs during this time. YOU will be better on the other side of the divorce.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation