Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sjk2k3 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My girlfriend moved in and she has 3 kids living with us. The kids are NOT the issue they are all good kids! We discussed since I have 3 kids and she has 4 total and we would have 4 total FT with us. I told her that I am not a big chaos guy and do not deal well with groups of kids.Do not get me wrong I love kids but I never ahve been a 24/7 handle the noise etc. guy! I am a great father and will play with them and discipline them and am always there when they need me , but I need to be able to duck away from the noise etc.She knew this and said I would never ask you to change and said she will deal with that. Well guess what, all of the sudden I am expected to run everything all the time, she now plays like she owns me and is constantly telling me what to do and treats me like a 5 yr old! well I raised my kids alone just fine and take care of all my business just fine. I am to the point where I do not think I can handle this much longer! I have had it with the controlling and the one thing I cannot handle about her kids is one is a pathelogical liar and that drives me nutso!I feel I was much happier by myself, but now I have the kids that transferred schools and all to think about! They do still have their old house that I have been trying to fix up to sell, what do I do??
Help!

Very confused

I
I
So, you didn't think there would be any chaos with 4 kids living in the house full-time?

Sounds like you thought it would be easier and that she would do all the work and you could just "duck away" from things.

Sorry for being sarcastic, but something about your email doesn't sit well with me.

S
sjk2k3 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well let's see if I can explain it better then. I knew there would be chaos and I explained I do not do well with it and she told me not to worry about it, she has always handled the kids and she would continue that way. If I stay in noisy environments to long I get migraine headches do to head injuries I sustained.So I am talking about there playtime in the house and having friends over, that type of thing.I am always there for parental responsibilities, I do ALL the cooking and cleaning and get them to bed etc. it is the loud "rowdy"times I cannot handle, therefore I have my room to go to that I can remain out of the chaos. She has gotten lazy and and "ducks away" from cooking ,cleaning, and sends them to me for everything

make any better sense??

I
I
Well let's see if I can explain it better then. I knew there would be chaos and I explained I do not do well with it and she told me not to worry about it, she has always handled the kids and she would continue that way. If I stay in noisy environments to long I get migraine headches do to head injuries I sustained.So I am talking about there playtime in the house and having friends over, that type of thing.I am always there for parental responsibilities, I do ALL the cooking and cleaning and get them to bed etc. it is the loud "rowdy"times I cannot handle, therefore I have my room to go to that I can remain out of the chaos. She has gotten lazy and and "ducks away" from cooking ,cleaning, and sends them to me for everything

make any better sense??

Yes. Actually, that does make better sense.

My guess would be that she has a been a tired, single mom for a while and is hoping that your help will give her a much-needed break. I'm not sure how long you've all be living together, but hopefully the shared chores will even out soon.

S
sjk2k3 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We have been living together for about 3 months and she was married for 10 years and divorced for 8. I was married for 15 years and divorced for 1.I get the feeling too that she was worn out doing it all alone and now found a needed rock to lean on , but I am honest about what I can do and what I can't and am really afraid of burn out!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation