Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
N
IMHO it was murder and the kid didn't deserve to be shot BUT any OP is playing w/ fire and can't not assume the offended BS is going to act in a rational manner. I think this will be the defense lawyer's approach too.

If I were an OP (which I'm not), I'd think I'd always be looking over my shoulder for the angry BS who'd have a right to come after me for my transgressions with their S.

Couple that with the regret in inflicting so much damage on my BS, that I'd pretty much feel like worm dung for awhile.

What is it about these teachers anyway?

V/r,
No Way

BS (me) 44
FWW 41
M 18 yrs
FWW in LTA, Dday Jan 2005
K - S15 & D12
A
A
"What is it about these teachers anyway?"

Think Mary K Letourneau. She got out of prison for raping a 13 yo boy (and getting pg) in her class and promptly did it again.

And now as a taxpayer I am supporting her two OC by a mere child.

Some people scream out to be sterilized.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Y
Y
I guess the real point of this story, and Betty Broderick's story and Clara Harris's story, is that these WSs are playing fast and loose and cavalier with the most powerful and primal of emotions - the need to protect one's mate and family from predators and intruders.

-I agree the OP and WS were playing with fire, but it still doesn't justify their actions. Clara Harris and Betty Broderick didn't gain nothing out of it, but felony convictions and long prison sentences. They will forever be branded as convicted murderers and will always have that felony conviction.

In all three of those stories the WS was flaunting the affair and rubbing it cruelly and deliberately into the face of the BS. Sure, I know that in a civilized society that doesn't make killing them okay, but maybe the law should take into account how serious this stuff really is and start laying down some protection for the BS from the extreme cruelty and torment that the WS and OP are free to inflict *before* it gets to this point.

-In Betty Broderick's case her ex-husband and OW wanted nothing to do with Betty. Betty Broderick harrassed them constantly, her own kids even begged her to stop it causing problems for their dad and his new wife.They even played recordings with the kids pleading with their mom to stop it. Betty Broderick took the time out to go to her ex-husband and new wife's house, enter their home, and gun them down while they were sleeping.

In all three cases, to the best of my knowledge there was *nothing* the BSs could do to protect themselves from this cruelty except to abandon their families to the intruder. What is right and normal and healthy and beneficial to society about that??

-In Clara Harris case they were still married, so I will give her a tiny bit of consideration. But in Betty Broderick's case, her husband had already divorced her and married his young secretary. Yes she was hurt, but going into their house (ex-husband and new wife) and killing them was not the answer.

In case after case after case, the WS and the OP are fully protected under the law while the BS is told to either suffer the torment or abandon their families to the intruder - that there's nothing else they can do and that they had *better not* interfere with the cheaters.

-Yes the BS gets a very raw deal. Did you ever here about the case were a man killed his ex-girlfriend on her wedding day in NJ a few years back. He tried that same defense strategy and it failed.

It's just as bass-ackwards as it can be. Show me where the law protects the BS and then maybe I'll have some sympathy for this arrogant, bullying OM (and no I don't care how old he was) who intended on walking right into the BH's home in the BH's presence and taking his place with his wife.

-You want the government to get involved in personal matters like this. Are you a liberal?

Not before.
Mulan

RIP FKM (1982-2006) you are sorely missed by your wife, children, family, and a whole host of friends. You were with us only a short time, but touched our lives so much.
Y
Y
I don't know what is going on with these teachers, but it is disgusting. These teachers are entrusted with the lives of our children.

Mary K is now married to the father of her 2 OC, she married the OP when she got out of prison. I think the OP mom took care of the kids will Mary was in prison.The OP wanted to see her as soon as she got out of prison, but had to petition the court and they have been married for a couple of years now. I am happy her 1st husband was able to move on and find love again, since they said he also got remarried.

RIP FKM (1982-2006) you are sorely missed by your wife, children, family, and a whole host of friends. You were with us only a short time, but touched our lives so much.
K
K
Caught between the carnal attitude of the movies and television and the hormones raging through his brain stem the OB/M thought he was the hero in a video game.

edited OB/M = Other Boy/Man

Last edited by krusht; 03/22/07 03:10 PM.

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
W
W
I think you are right Krusht. I am so concerned with our children and the sex/violence of movies and TV, coupled with the violent video games, that I can hardly stand to turn the TV on.

Then throw in a disturbed teacher...

I feel so bad for that boy, and the man in prison, and the woman's children.

He was boy. My God, he wasn't even old enough to drink yet, and just barely old enough to hold a drivers license. He didn't understand about infidelity. ******, he probably grew up with it and thought it was just the way things are.

No chance to develop ethics of his own, or boundaries.

He was a boy, who did not deserve to die for his ignorance.

A
A
Mary K is now married to the father of her 2 OC, she married the OP when she got out of prison. I think the OP mom took care of the kids will Mary was in prison. The OP wanted to see her as soon as she got out of prison, but had to petition the court and they have been married for a couple of years now.

All the while the children were, and still are, getting public assistance.

I also hear from people who know them (same city) the M is very tenuous and not likely to last. OM is still more boy than man. He has been damaged, perhaps beyond repair by Mary K.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Y
Y
Mary K is now married to the father of her 2 OC, she married the OP when she got out of prison. I think the OP mom took care of the kids will Mary was in prison. The OP wanted to see her as soon as she got out of prison, but had to petition the court and they have been married for a couple of years now.

All the while the children were, and still are, getting public assistance.

I also hear from people who know them (same city) the M is very tenuous and not likely to last. OM is still more boy than man. He has been damaged, perhaps beyond repair by Mary K.

I am pretty sure the OM/OB is still messed up about it. I have a friend (female) who went through a similar situation as the OB, and she is still damaged about to this day and it was over 10 years ago. To make matters worse she didn't want the sex.

P
P
a special place in HE!! for MKL

N
N
a special place in HE!! for MKL

I agree!

Scary, SCARY woman...

B
B
I find myself wondering if there would be the same outrage if this man was 28, not 18? I know I could have killed my wife's OM.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
S
My FWH's OW well one of them had 5 kids, told them of her affair with my husband and told them they were moving into a big six bedroom house.

When I heard of this, I told him," If you mover her and those poor kids into MY house that I PAID for, I will burn it to the ground with you all in it and spend my life in jail laughing!"

I meant it at the time and he lost interest in her really quickly when he found she had told me of their plans. But the insanity of betrayal sure makes some solutions look reasonable and inevitable.

I always think of that week, when I read of cases like this one,

The Lord sure had His finger pinning me down that week.

Linda

Me BSx2 63

1st M 13yrs WS Multiple As.

DD45 DD43 DS41 first marriage.

Him WS 56 P/A. PA + Multiple EAs from day one.

Current M. 26years

D Days 10/02, 11/02, 01/03, right up to 03/06

NC since 03/2006

Me Stage IV Breast Cancer since 36months,

Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us (Hebrews 12:1).Titus wife, Linda
N
N
He was boy. My God, he wasn't even old enough to drink yet, and just barely old enough to hold a drivers license. He didn't understand about infidelity. ******, he probably grew up with it and thought it was just the way things are.
I can't agree that he didn't know right from wrong. A 17 year old should know better, want would he have expected if he was messing around with some guy's GF - a confrontation at least because he was doing wrong. Agree that he didn't deserve to be shot and it's a very tragic story.

I also wondered what the boy's parent's involvement in this was? Did they know he was seeing a married woman, and a school teacher no less? If they knew and did nothing then they were condoning his immoral behavior.

V/r, No Way

BS (me) 44
FWW 41
M 18 yrs
FWW in LTA, Dday Jan 2005
K - S15 & D12
W
W
Yeah, I wonder about his parents too. It seems like when kids are looking for love in all the wrong places it is because they are not getting the good kind of love at home.

I wonder if it would make a difference if he had been a girl, and the WS a man. People seem to look on young women as being the culpable party in affairs, and when it is a young boy the older woman as the culpable party.

I think all BS's can relate to the moment where you could have committed murder, or if turned inward, suicide.

If we believe that affairs are addictions and people are not themselves while in one, should we have some compassion for the older party who has the affair with a young person. NO, I just can't on many levels, because we are supposed to protect children. And teachers are entrusted with the care of kids, so it is just so hard to stomach.

I think I might be capable of murder if someone harmed or exploited my DD in that way.

C
C
mulan,

You have an 18 year old son...don't you?

I have a feeling that you would be singing a different tune if it happened to him.

jmho,
committed

M
M
People, the facts of this case continue to be ignored. The teacher in this case had a position of authority when she began sexually assaulting this boy. A year later when she was still having sex with this young man, her H found out. BUT she had preyed upon a child initially and while we can all speculate about his culpability, he was in fact a victim of her sexual assault. His sitting in front of this mans house is as much a reflection of his mind being damaged by the actions of his teachers... the impact of being raped... as it was for the BH to lose his cool and act on his rage.

R
R
How sad. More lives ruined by adultery.

Married 23 yrs
WW-46
Me- 47
DD18
DD11
Dday #1 - Oct. 8 2006
Too many other D-Days to remember
R
R
IMHO it was murder and the kid didn't deserve to be shot BUT any OP is playing w/ fire and can't not assume the offended BS is going to act in a rational manner.

That's what I don't understand about messing with a married woman. Who knows what the BH is going to do. Heck, I could have taken out an OM or 2 easily if I wanted to. (Not that I ever would, it certainly wouldn't be worth it)
It would suck having to always be looking over your shoulder.

Married 23 yrs
WW-46
Me- 47
DD18
DD11
Dday #1 - Oct. 8 2006
Too many other D-Days to remember
Y
Y
You hit the nail on the head. I think the problem is that people are only looking at this from a BS point of view. But the facts are that the WW overstepped not only marital boundaries, but professional boundaries. When we drop our children off at school we have certain expectations of the teacher. The teachers are in a position of authority, when a teacher starts an affair with a student it compromises that position of authority.

I feel sorry for the kid, because I am pretty sure he didn't fully understand the magnititude of the situation. All one has to do is look at similar situations involving teachers. It seems lately we have heard a lot of stories about female teachers starting affair with their students. Most of the BH usually turn their WW in, because they realize that she is the one who is ultimately responsible and held the position of authority. They don't go around killing the OP.

Y
Y
What I don't understand is why the BH didn't turn his wife in? He is not the only one that has been in this type of situation. Lately there has been a rash of stories of female married teachers starting affairs with students. But the BH usually don't turn to killing instead they turn the WW in.

http://www.tabloidcolumn.com/pamela-rogers-turner.html

http://www.tabloidcolumn.com/debbie-lafave.html

No the shame should be on these teachers who have crossed professional and marital boundaries.

What it still be the OP's fault if they were 14, 15, or 16?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation