Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for your prayers. God is on the throne. My H went to his friend this morning to tell X that H would be moving back in. X hesitates, "Uh, I'm dating (H's OW). We're going out tonight, so it would be best if you weren't there."<P>My H told me this very relunctantly. He's still planning to move some stuff over there this PM, but I told him if he moves in with X & OW dating he'll lose X's friendship. Either H will go nuts, OW will dump X & start seeing H, & of course, how long could X trust H & OW if X's relationship continues with OW. X is fully aware of OW & H's relationship & has heard me refer to her with my full sailor-like vocabulary.<P>What a tangled web. But I have prayed daily for OW & I have prayed that X's door would shut to my H. God just unexpectedly combined in them. Honestly it was all I could do not to look utterly delighted. Of course I couldn't get all of my paragraph #2 into my H's head & he's gonna go pack, but that situation CAN'T last.<P>Keep those prayers coming. BLESS YOU ALL!<P><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P><BR>

F
F
This is unbelievable!<P>Did your H know X was dating OW? This can't be a coincidence. God's hand must be in on this and he must have more of a sense of humor than we suspect.<P>------------------<BR>Faith, Hope, Love Remain,<BR>but the greatest of these is Love.<BR>1 Corinthians 13:13

S
S
No way!!!! This is too good to be true.<P>Lor - you may need to struggle to keep the delight off your face on this one!! I am laughing out loud in my office. Seems to me his next fear will be since OW clearly didn't wait around for him - maybe you won't either?<P>I don't know where this will lead but get as much enjoyemtn out of it as you can!!!

C
C
I knew God had a plan, and he always does it with humor and with a cherry on top!!!<P>Will say a prayer!!!

L
OP Offline
L
My H definitely did not know X & OW were dating, H really didn't want to talk to me about it. So I don't know if this is first date or one of many.<P>I have a hunch that OW called X's house looking for H when he had moved home. When I called X when H lived there and H was out (with OW), X would invite me over. I thought he was joking. She apparently took X up on it? <P>By the way, X is a hunk, 6'3" and a solid, muscular 240 lbs, the kind of face Hollywood hires for friendly football players. I have high hopes for his relationship with OW.<P>Anyway, talked again with H, he still thinks he's moving over there. I can't imagine that either X or OW is going to think that is a good idea...but I've got no control over that, but God can use/move the unrighteous as pawns. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>How did I get trapped in a soap opera? Is this the Truman Show? EDTV?<P>H took off in his vehicle. Very angry with me when I told him it was ludicrous of him to consider moving to Tad's...LB [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I just can't believe he can't see how icky the whole thing would be for everybody.<P>I just have to remember, God has shown his hand and my trust is in Him.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P><BR>

L
OP Offline
L
Oh, and the other good thing? Obviously my H either hasn't been talking to OW (he has said he isn't) or she's been lying. I like that.

C
C
I like that too. It really was withdrawal this time, huh?<P>That is wonderful. I am counting on God using OW and x as pawns also [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Don't get smug, be the understanding wife in plan A, unless you think it is time for B...<P>Give your counselor a call! It would make your counselor's weekend!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
I like that too. It really was withdrawal this time, huh?<P>That is wonderful. I am counting on God using OW and x as pawns also [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Don't get smug, be the understanding wife in plan A, unless you think it is time for B...<P>Give your counselor a call! It would make your counselor's weekend!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C

L
OP Offline
L
Well, H didn't return. He called. He's spending the night at yet another recently separated friend's house. At least I know he's not with OW...of course there are other women in the world.<P>Sooo, lucky me, I got to explain to the kids that dad has moved out yet another time. The younger one shrugged and went to watch TV, the older one said, "Can I have a friend over?" I okayed both of them having a friend over. What can this be doing to them? I guess there are advantages to having kids at the self-centered adolescent stage. <P>Wish I had someone to slumber party with.

S
S
Hi Lor,<P>You get the world's best mom award! This really sucks and yet I can hear that in the midst of all your pain, you are so concerned for your girls. <P>Lor, I have to believe he is going to be doing some major thinking in the very near future. I really can't pretend to understand him. But just know that we are here for you and are always ready to listen (and give unsolicited advice!).<P>If you are up late, we can do a virtual slumber party here!<P>

C
C
Lor(Lor)<P>Just reread what I wrote - Don't get smug,<BR>wow what in the heck was I thinkin? Talking to myself again and you at the same time? I must be going nuts....<P>You Are a wonderful mother, wife and friend. Don't know why I said that....????

L
OP Offline
L
Hey MM4B, I was feeling delighted about X & OW. That bubble burst when H tore out of here...and didn't come home last night. He's supposed to be here at 9 am. I slept until 8, I guess I'm not anticipating it going well enough to get up early for.<P>I prayed for you this morning.<P>Starpony, thankyou for the kind words. My kids don't deserve this crap either, but I held their hands and prayed with them, first thanking God for giving me such beautiful gifts, then lifting my H up in prayer.

C
C
Great way to start your morning. I will say prayers again, for you.<P>Thanks for thinking of me too.<P>I think your husband has some major things to face at this point. Probably about time. I hope he leans on the Lord.<P>God bless you

L
OP Offline
L
I thought I was feeling calm and going to be able to be practical & matter of fact. He said one sentence to me "Something smells in this house". I'd just squashed a couple mild jugs (yuck). And I started to cry.<P>He held me, talked to me. Now has taken the girls out to see their grandpa, who is just passing through town and didn't have enough time to come here. Just as well, the house is a disaster, a lot of it my H's boots & mail & stuff. I told him that he can walk out of here and put me out of his mind. But I see "him" and his stuff everywhere. I added, "I love you, you big idiot."<P>He was supposed to be coming over to set up visitation, etc, but he's avoided it again. Of course, he hasn't moved any where & doesn't have any where to take the girls for visitation (I know that isn't my problem, but I don't want my kids in a worse situation). I'm sure he doesn't want them at X's with OW there. The guy he stayed with last night doesn't have any kids or kid skills. I didn't ask what H's moving plans are. I thought of Kat & her H packing his stuff, putting it in the car & not moving out. I've never been that fortunate, my H runs like a deer. But, he has nothing packed.<P>I can tell he wants to keep me out of Plan B. It is definitely to his advantage to be able to come here. I dread the thought of B, but I know I can't take the wondering where he is & then hearing half-truths & evasions. He keeps telling me I'm strong--this while my face is wet with tears--and he's not strong like me. I tell him what strength I have is from God--and because H has left me no choice but to handle the kids & house & my life.<P>I didn't ask to go along to see grandpa. The kids need some time with H, but I have a feeling H won't say much to them & the kids will either go silent or hyper.<P>I feel so helpless.

C
C
Lor, <P>I know it hurts. Gosh, that uncertainty of even one day is soooo hard. Gotta make some plans for you, right now. <P>What are your plans for tonight? Gotta make a plan, to help you get through plan B.<P>We're here for you.<P>

V
V
As a new poster, consumed with my own problems, and reading the heartaches of the other posters, I was drowning in my own tears and then I read your prayer!! That is the funniest thing I've heard in WEEKS. You put a smile on my face. Thanks. victoria<BR>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 193 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation