Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jmj315 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well my wife and I have been together for 7 years now, 3 of which we have been married. For about the past 4 I have really neglected her. I pretty much put everything before her. She was very jealous, and clingy pretty much the entire relationship (it annoyed me and thats why I think I neglected her.). I took for granted that no matter what, she would be there when I needed her. Well since December shes said she wants a seperation and to get a divorce and just hasn't gone to do anything about it or see a lawyer mostly cause she doesn't have the money I think. She started seeing another guy and they have been "active" and now shes about 1 and 1/2 mos pregnant with his baby. We have 3 children of our own 6, 4, 1 year. I love her with all my heart and since she told me she didn't want to be with me all I do everyday, night and while I dream is think about her and how much I miss her. She will let me be affectionate to her a little but not much, foot rubs. back rubs, playing with her hair, she will let me kiss her on the head and we have "done it" once while we've been seperated while shes been with him but ever since then shes been very hard to get close to. Shes pulling back from me more and more. I look at her text messages to him almost everyday and they are almost always explicit in nature. So the questions remains should I bother or just leave her be for both of our sanity and just move on as fast as possible. An outside random, third party (YOU!) response would be greatly appreciated.

A
A
Man, that's a difficult situation. Hate to be so blunt, but do you really want to fight for a marriage with a spouse that's having another man's baby? It's hard to formulate a meaningful response to your questions until that question is answered.

B
B
jmj315, sorry you are here. You will get more responses to your situation if you move your thread to the pregnancy/child forum or the GQIII forum.

C
C
you got to be kidding. you really beleive she just found this guy and happend to get pregnant? ditch the ----- you are being used. your neglect is no excuse for her decision. take the best care of your kids you can and move on.

D
D
Do you really love her or do you want her back because someone else wants her? I say that if she does not want you bothering her and you really love her then leave her alone for a while because if you do not then she will end up hating you. If you are willing and capable of taking care of another mans baby then I say wait it out.

J
J
JM try and get custosy of your kids and start over. Find out how you contributed to this mess (yes you really did) and choose better next time.

A
A
Wow my wife told me up front that she wanted to see someone else and told me it was all my fault and wanted to file for divorce. I didn't want to and she told me if I didn't give her a "quick" divorce she would get pregnant with OM's child and I wold have to be responsible for it.

I can't do it so I filed for divorce

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation