Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
OP Offline
F
Pretty bad day for me. My sister came over and let me know my Mom has Cancer.

Caught it early but it is in the Lungs so your Prayers would be apprecciated.

My mom really helped me through this whole thing I am pretty shook up right now.

BS 38
FWW 35
D Day 10/03
Recovery started 11/06
3 boys 12, 8 and a new baby

When life hands you lemons make lemonade then try to find the person life hands vodka and have a party.
Z
Z
I am very sorry to hear that. You will be in my prayers today. I don't know what I would do without my mom right now.

Hang in there.

WW(me)-44
WH-49
Together 10 yrs
M 4 yrs
A
A
((((frog))))
So sorry to hear that. My mom helped me so much, too ... I can't imagine having to face something like that.
Prayers for you both.

-AmI.

J
J
Prayers are on the way.

JinGA

F/40, DD15 DS13 M 1989 DDay his EA May 1998. S Aug 2004. D Dec 05. I filed. 4/07 Post-D Plan A with 180, with hopes of R. 6/23/07 XH said no to R. 8/24/07 Went on a date with someone new, "B". 1/22/08 Still seeing B, life is good! Learning and growing each day. Ask me about Geocaching!
S
S
Oh, Frog...I am so sorry to hear this...

You can bet I'll be praying for you, your family, and your mom...

(((FROG)))

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
B
B
Frog,

I will be keeping all of you in my prayers and will engage my family for you all on this as well

Keep the faith! As you know, Moms are the strongest creatures God ever created!

Hugs!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you guys, I have a ball game tonight and right now I am in my office with the door closed choking back tears.

BS 38
FWW 35
D Day 10/03
Recovery started 11/06

When life hands you lemons make lemonade then try to find the person life hands vodka and have a party.
B
B
Prayin for your Mom, Frog. Be strong. Try not to let her see you worry.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
J
J
((Frog and FNM Mom))

This recent cancer patient-now survivor-is praying for you both.

PS: My dad is a 16 year colon cancer survivor.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

E
E
glad they caught it early. prayed for your strength and your families. My mother had ovarian cancer which is hard to detect. she did well after her surgery and 5 years later. this is very hard to go through for all concerned. just be there for her. be ready to help out however you can. even if it means just being there and sitting. remember she is your mother and will want you there.in fact she is in a role she may be uncomfortable in as having needs instead of taking care of your needs as a mother. my thoughts & prayers for you. not a fun road to take

F
F
((((((((((((((Frog))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear this news, but I want to encourage you. This year alone I have known and prayed for two people who had lung cancer that was not caught very early, and both have survived and are growing their hair back. One lady's H was WH and they were going through this A nonsense, and when he heard, he dropped the OW like a hot potatoe and has been a faithful husband ever since. The other lady's H was SURE she was going to die and was moping and planning as if it was already a fact. Well, she came through like a TROOPER! She had radiation, chemo, and then some kind of new wafers put RIGHT ON HER CANCER and it is gone now! GONE!

So I know it's scary and it's your mom and you love her and want her to be here with you for a long, LONG time...but you take heart, Frog-man. You aren't alone and we are all here holding up you and your mom in prayer. She can survive this and SO CAN YOU!!! ((((((((((Frog))))))))))

Your mama bee,

CJ

M
M
Frog,

Praying for the whole family!

Mark

T
T
Have a good cry - mums are precious and cancer is scary. But there are so many wonderful success stories to gain inspiration from and at least they caught it early.
(((Frog)))
TT

L
L
A litte techincal advice.

In terms of treatment and evaluation, please make sure that you get an opinion from an academic center physician regarding treatment.

There are alot of treatments and research protocols that the typical community doctor may not know about or have direct access to.

God bless and goodluck.

LM

Some people just don't get it, they don't get it that they don't get it.

I had the right to remain silent.......but I didn't have the ability.
L
L
Frog:
Most definitely prayers are coming your way. I've been there...dad, not mom, but I remember the devastation well. Time seems to stand still, waiting and wondering and worrying.

I'm so, so sorry that you are going through this.

(((frog))))

(ditto Lemonman: my dad went to MD Anderson in Houston)

_
_
So sorry Frogger...

keep us updated.

with prayers,

MAZ

Me, 43, 2 online EA's 2006
DH, 45, 2DDs, 16 & 9
Married 23 years.
S
S
Oh, Frog, I am so sorry to hear about this. You will be in my thoughts. Now is the time to spend time with your mom; don't let her do any of this alone, if you can avoid it. Talk about when you were kids, all of those stupid things you did, laugh, love. It's really great medicine.

Don't choke back those tears, just find a place to yourself and let it go. Let the stress out, let the worry and fear out.

Your mother is in a place that she has probably never been--needing help from her children. My mom did not want to appear weak at all. She would have her chemo on Friday and go back to work on Monday; she was that insistent upon maintaining the 'norm'. Just be available to help. Do things for her that you know she likes. Read up on her treatment and what may happen. Be prepared. Be there.

(((((((Frog)))))))

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
D
DIG Offline
D
((((Frog Prince)))) I am so sorry you and your family are going through a hard time right now. You will definitely be in my prayers. Just remember to keep your faith and remember that this to shall pass. Be thankful the found it early and it's a better chance to get it to go into remission.

I know you can probably use something to make you laugh. Check this out. I put my little ones in the tub and while I was bathing my DS3 my baby squated in the tub and pooted and the bubbles tickled her booty and she just laughed and my son and I did too. So know that when things are not going the way you plan you can always find some good in whatever you are going through. If you can't think of anything just squat in the tub and let the bubbles tickle your booty. LOL.

Me (32)
H (33)
3 DD's 9,8,2
1 DS 4
Married 4/19/99

According to Mrs. W I am now Delightful in GA. LOL \:\)
F
OP Offline
F
Thank You all!!!

Feeling better today. YOur words helped. The cancer is in the lung but my mom got really, really lucky.

I am not good with the medical stuff and all I could hear was Cancer. The are going to remove that portion of her lung. Good knews is she had a physical not long ago and the doctor was amazed at her pulminary funciton.

She will be having the surgery June 4th.

Thank you all and keep praying.

Dig you crack me up. Amazing how kids think farts especially underwater are funny.

Lem, my sister is a doctor so she has all those bases covered but thanks for the heads up.

SL long time no post to each other hope all is well.

All of you thank you so much.

BS 38
FWW 35
D Day 10/03
Recovery started 11/06

S
S
Well, i have to say that great news...i will be praying and wishing her the best recovery!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation