Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1880448 05/23/07 07:21 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Lostsheep:

How you doing! Good to see you posting Again!

LG

L
L
Hey LG! I'm actually doing great... I really am!
School's out for summer and I can breathe a little, finished up with 12 hours of 'B' in grad school working FT .. I'll take that! The H & I are becoming friends... it's not the perfect situation but I guess life rarely is!

I have found this awesome recovery group @ my church... recovery from lots of things, but they asked me to sing & lead worship & it's been really good for me to share with them & learn from them and their recovery from addiction...which I apparently share to some degree.

I have found myself quoting you all as I talk to WSs I know & used to hang with - they seek advice from me not knowing I have changed... or maybe they do know on some level & seek me out. Anyway, I have realized a lot. Hearing the words fall from their lips - fog speak - I remember saying those tings & I can't beleive I was so clouded.

I am overcome every Sunday by the grace of a God who loves me anyway... and convicted by the knowledge that I am responsible for my choices.

I'm looking for a new job because to be honest - the "crack" is just a little too close - and apparently our dirt was all over the organization & well known - little hard to earn respect when the whole place knows I was a lying cheating pos... so, I'm moving on. And it feels good!

I have good girlfriends, we get together when we can. Friday nights are a permanent date with The Punk... (who finished Kindergarten today OMG! I have a first-grader!).

Dusted off my clubs yesterday & am going to the range tomorrow night if it doesn't rain.

Hate what I did. Can see the mess for what it was. Hate that I wrecked my H in the way I did. Know that I really hacked off his ba!!s if you will, and he needs an opportunity to prove to himself that the damage wasn't permanent. And who knows? God is good & He has a plan... so we'll just see! But I am so THANKFUL for being able to see what I had done to myself, to him, to our daughter... to myself. Never again.

I'm good, and still learning. Maybe that should be my name these days, "Still Learning!"

I posted a thread the other day - it's on pg 2, "just an update". I'll hang around - maybe some of the beauty that can come form the ashes I made of my marriage can help someone else.

It's my favorite story in scripture, his building beauty from the ashes of a rebellious city. *sigh*

Best,

~lostsheep Me, FWW -34 Him, BH - 36 DD6 Dday#1 - 3/04 NC broken 4/04, A resumed 3/05 Dday#2 - 7/05 Dday#3 - 3/06 NC 2/5/07 H moved out 4/06, asked me to file for DV 11/06 DV final 3/7/07 ...trying to be H's friend again...and finding my way

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 231 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation