Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1883200 05/29/07 06:56 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I know there are some great books out there to help couples build a strong marriage. What books would you recommend to read after the divorce is final to help a broken heart father of 3.

Me46
XW43
D19,D16,S10
M23yrs
Bomb Jan 23 07
D-Final May 1 07
XW still want us to be friends: Sunday I found out OM & XW are in love by logging on her email account. OM still with his W

S
S
Tex,

Do you have any divorcecare.org groups in your area?

Keith

N
N
I highly recommend divorce support groups for the adults involved, as well as the kids. Look in your local newspaper or ask a local clergyperson.
I believe divorcecare also has kids programs, as does www.rainbows.com (and parents talk when their kids are meeting.)

I highly recommend Mom's House/Dad's house to help with the little issues, and to help work through co-parenting issues.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
R
R
I didn't have divorcecare groups in my country, but I subscribed to the daily emails and they helped.

I do not blame the xwh for his affairs and abandoning our marriage. He fulfills 90% of the Cleckley Criteria

I forgive him for his insanity and I forgive myself for being gullible to his charms.
H
H
Horn,

"Rebuilding When Your Love Relationship Ends", by Dr. Bruce Fisher helped me understand the building blocks to recovery and gauge where I was in the process. I pull it out every couple of months to see where I am in relation to where I was.

As Ruffled mentioned, the divorcecare daily devotionals are a blessing, too.

HL

Hardlesson BS: Me (41) FWW: XW (40) Children: Three daughers (2, 10, 13) DDay: 6/3/2006 M: 19 years Divorced: 10/4/2006 Out of the valley of dispair and working my way back up the mountain.
I
I
Loving What Is <---- (that's a link) by Byron Katie. Take a few minutes to "Search Inside" as Amazon permits. I think you will like what you read.

Married '85
Me: BS
D-Day 7/02
Plan B 5/03, 7/03
Numerous False Recoveries
I filed 2/06
Divorce Final 4/30/07
A
A
I am newly divorced...8 days infact.

I'm currently reading 'New Life after Divorce...the promise of hope beyond the pain' by Bill Butterworth. I highly recommend it - especially as it's coming from a male point of view which you might appreciate. I'm female, and I sure did!

I've read your story, and I'm terribly sorry for your incredible pain. I can tell you from my own experience over the last 18 months since my separation and now divorce - let God come and rescue you. He KNOWS your pain like no-one else.

This is just one of many many scriptures that gave me courage and hope, I hope it will do the same for you:

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings
you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield
and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day.

Because he loves me, says the LORD,
I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he
acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honour him.
With long life will I satisfy him and
show him my salvation.

Psalm 91:4-5,14-16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation