Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
ongbasa Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hello all,

I need some guidance on a sticky situation. My husband just admitted to having an emotional affair and instead of repenting, he wants a divorce. He said he wasn't happy in our marriage, but failed to tell me until I found out about his affair. He ended it, but feels he is not worthy of being my husband any longer. He says he still feels like he wants to cheat and liked it. I want to work things out and use the tools that I've learned to stop his cheating heart. We've been married for 7 years with a 6 year old daughter that he adores. What can I do to? I already told him that I forgive him and I understand why he did what he did... I did not meet his emotional needs and now I'm asking for that chance, but he insists that it will not work out. Help!

J
J
Don't persue him and let him make the decision. The more you pressure him the father away he will be.

J
J
((ongbasa))

Welcome to MB. I am so sorry you have to be here, but this is a great place to get the help you need. Week-ends can be kind of quiet but I think if you start by reading the links on How to Survive Infidelity, The Most important emotional needs, and Dr. Harley's basic concepts, you will find some insights.

Also, go to the Just Found Out section and read the information for newly betrayed spouses.

Then, post this on General Questions II. There's more traffic there and also lots of pros who can really help you with a plan.

Finally, I would encourage you to get Dr. Harley's "Surviving an Affair" where he outlines Plan A and Plan B.

You are in good hands.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

O
ongbasa Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thank you for the advice.

W
W
Methinks he did not really end the affair...

N
N
Yeah, my H pulled that one too -- no chance to reconcile -- but there is no one else. Turns out there was and still is.

It hurts.

I
I
He still feels like he wants to cheat and likes it?

Smells to me like he is still in the affair. His saying he feels unworthy is his effort to sugar coat and hide what's really going on. This way he gets to play victim. Saw this happen in my own marriage. "Guilt" forced him to want to end the marriage. Yeah, right.

Married '85
Me: BS
D-Day 7/02
Plan B 5/03, 7/03
Numerous False Recoveries
I filed 2/06
Divorce Final 4/30/07

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation