Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
ongbasa Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hello all,

I need some guidance on a sticky situation. My husband just admitted to having an emotional affair and instead of repenting, he wants a divorce. He said he wasn't happy in our marriage, but failed to tell me until I found out about his affair. He ended it, but feels he is not worthy of being my husband any longer. He says he still feels like he wants to cheat and liked it. I want to work things out and use the tools that I've learned to stop his cheating heart. We've been married for 7 years with a 6 year old daughter that he adores. What can I do to? I already told him that I forgive him and I understand why he did what he did... I did not meet his emotional needs and now I'm asking for that chance, but he insists that it will not work out.

Ironically, he was the one who decided to move out so how would I go with plan B? This other person happens to be a classmate so he has no way of not seeing her again, he cannot drop the class since it's finals week. It hurts to know that they're still seeing eachother. Even though I've spoken to the OP, I feel like my WS and the OP are in it together and telling me what I want to hear, that nothing is going on and so forth, but my husband had admitted to having and EA, but says that he cannot bring himself to have sex with her. Can I believe that?

In addition, he keeps pushing me for a divorce. I'm trying to prolong it because I know he's going through the withdrawal phase and I don't want to rush into a divorce... I want to work this out. Even though he has moved out and demands a divorce, is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

Last edited by ongbasa; 06/02/07 11:53 PM.
D
D
read the articles on here, the ones to the right of the screen, this will explain alot and what to do from here. My WH insisted for a long time that one A was E also, I found out that was not true, I am thinking that is a very common element, not sure the thinking behind that. One thing I have learned here is that a cheater is a liar. Not that I didn't think that was so before, but somehow seeing that in print really clicked, you want to believe them so bad that its easy for them to lie, and plus we always believe the ones we love. I would investigate this situation first to get as much info that you can on this relationship, so you will know exactly what he is up to. then expose it to the world. take care of yourself in all of this to.

Me-49 and staying there, course AARP sent me my card ugh
H-49
DD and SIL
GS the light of my life! 1 and a half, full of you know what
DS med school
always working on me
•The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Ghandi
O
ongbasa Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thank you for your response. I know that they are lying, but it's so hard to except. Hang in there.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 230 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation