Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
OP Offline
I
So I got the battalion officer of the day number, and I plan on calling it this afternoon. I really hope they can point me to his CO. Wish me luck.

BS (ME) 31 WS 28 Married 5 years D-Day 6/26 No Children
B
B
imterrified ~ good luck, you are doing the right thing.

Be prepared for her to be angry again. Have you gotten all the other exposures done?

~ Pain is a given, misery is optional ~
I
OP Offline
I
Bramble,
All the other exposures have been done. This one has been the hardest, due to lack of information concerning the OM's unit.

Update:
Strikeout on calling the 1st Battalion. The duty officer said he was not a part of the battalion even after I talked to him about the OM's reserve status and recall. There was a lot of evidence that this should be the correct battalion, because of location. The OM told my WS that when he is recalled he is going to be in the same location for training. I had high hopes that this was the one. I will be calling the other battalions today.

O
Owl Offline
O
OK...call that Bn SDO back. Ask him for help...ask him if he can get you in touch with a post locator service that would help you find OM. Do NOT explain the situation to him, simply tell him that its urgent that you contact OM.

If he cannot or will not help you, ask him to put you in touch with the Bn Chaplain. And ask HIM for assistance.

Also, while you're talking with that Bn SDO, ask him what Inspector General's office would support his Bn, and ask him if he can either get you the number to that office, or can he put you in touch with a public relations office that can assist you further.

Once you've got a number, use it to track down LOTS of other numbers that might get you to someone who can assist.

Make sense?

Owl #1901722 07/19/07 02:42 PM
I
OP Offline
I
I talked to the Marine Locator service for the base, and they did have record of him serving in 2005. They did not have any information regarding his reserve status or who his CO is going to be. I tried to get the name of his old CO, but they didn't have that either. I think I am going to have to hand this off to a private eye and maybe they can get somewhere. I will have to tell them I need it done ASAP.

Last edited by imterrified; 07/19/07 02:42 PM.

I
OP Offline
I
Update from this weekend:

Plan Aing my tail off still. We spent a lot of time together talking and having a good time. I took her to the park for a picnic between shows, fed her chocolate covered strawberries, and read her poems by Lord Byron. I picked the first one randomly from a book but, fantastically, it was a poem about him losing a women to another man.

I definitely think more deposits were made on my part into her LB, but I also feel she made many debits. I feel utterly emotionally drained and am looking forward to some time away from her. I will see her again the 1st through the 5th of August, and if the PI doesn't come through by then Plan B will begin by the 6th. I will probably spend a lot of time this week and weekend preparing. At this point I am almost looking forward to Plan B, because I don't have much left to give.

I almost forgot. I found out the OM has a pending assault/deomestic abuse charge against him. I searched through the public records of my home state and found the evidence. My WS already knew and of course made lame excuses for him. This guy is a total dirt bag, but she is so fogged up she can't see it. I hope she opens her eyes up before it is too late, because she will have a terrible future ahead of her if she decides to be with him. I don't know who said it, but it is true. WSs don't trade up.

I hope everyone is well.

O
Owl Offline
O
I'm not surprised...my wife is deathly allergic to cigarette smoke (triggers asthma attacks), and gets nauseous at the smell of alcohol.

So of course, her online OM was a heavy smoker and drinker.

She was ecstatic that he was "going to quit for her". I laughed, and asked her if she REALLY believed that it would last. She insisted it would, "since he's doing it for me".

Now of course, she can see how insane this reasoning was. But she sure couldn't then.

Keep up the plan A. It sounds like you're doing some good there. And planning out for your plan B makes good sense too. You're doing the right things...but remember you've got to keep pressure on her to end the affair as well. Keep it going friend.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation