Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
frogz Offline OP
OP Offline
F
My wife thinks we spend too much time together and this is why she does not feel very sexual towards me. She thinks if we spent less time around each other it might actually help our sex life, has anyone else gone through this? What should I do?

G
G
How much time do you spend together? What do you do during that time? How long has this been going on?

How long have you been married? Any children? How old are you?

What do you do to get her in the mood? When people have been together for longer than 2 years, the instant sexual attraction lessens. Women especially may need extra time to get in the mood. For many women, foreplay starts hours in advance. A call from the office saying "I can't wait to see you tonight," a bunch of flowers, a lingering kiss. Compliments, and affection. All this preps a woman for what men traditionally think of as foreplay.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
F
frogz Offline OP
OP Offline
F
32 y/o married 10 years, three children, I work from 8-3 M-F and she stays at home with the kids. We do have a nanny and do get to go out about twice a month w/o the kids.

L
L
Welcome, Frogz, to MarriageBuilders...

Have you read the Basic Concepts, The Four Rules of Marriage? Do the Emotional Questionnaire and the Love Buster one...these help a lot in understanding what each partner does and doesn't do, needs and doesn't need.

From your limited response, I am seeing a lack of Undivided Attention (UA). Harley recommends a minimum of 15 hours a week. I suggest you also explore what kind of time you're spending together...Harley has a great Recreational Companionship Inventory on this website which is fun to go through together...helps with the UA time, as well.

Thank you for being here and taking your wife's desires as seriously as your own.

Consider, also, moving your posts to the Emotional Needs forum...it gets a lot more traffic.

LA

A
A
Welcome to the MB, Frogz!

I can interpret this in several ways, some positive, some negative.

You really need to write a little more about your relationship with your W. Are the two of you generally happy with each other? Is everything pretty much OK, and this is an isolated problem, or is it just one of several problems? Do you do things for each other that makes the other person happy? Is there too much stress with the kids and your house on her? On you? Past or present problems in the bedroom? Financial problems? Is the house too small so that you are in each other's faces all the time? Do you have your own hobbies? Does she have hobbies? Do you have hobbies together?

Let us know

Me: 50. W: 50. Happily married since 1993. 3 kids.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation