Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1934431 08/31/07 08:16 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I was out watering tonight, and the OW's husband stopped by in his 2007 Toyota Tundra to say hi, and catch up on things.

For those of you who don't know my story, OW's husband was in Iraq when the affair started. He came back to no wife and no job, and a 12 year old daughter to raise by himself.

He has had a terrible time. He worked awful jobs, did the cooking and cleaning, and caring for his daughter, since OW was "in love" and had abandoned the girl.

Anyway his dad became unable to drive, and gave him the paid for truck. He has my husband's 03 Harley Roadking too. Also, he found out he is going to Saudi for a year, and is sooooo excited. He had given up his career to take care of his daughter, but somehow got back in, now that OW is back home taking care of his daughter.

His daughter is getting straight A's and has for the last 3 years. She had a rough time right after her mom moved out, but is now back on track.

It made me feel WONDERFUL that after 4 years, his life is finally good again.

T
T
That's great news for him but I bet his daughter will miss having him around whilst he's in Saudi. Perhaps he could let you use the Harley while he's away. I can't bear the thought of OW riding around on it.

B
OP Offline
B
Oh, don't worry, TT. She doesn't know how to drive on, only how to ride on the back. Anyway, I think that he at least trusts her to stay with their daughter, or he never would go. According to him, they are still living like roommates right now. She has not apologized.

B
B
Is his daughter going to Saudi with him?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
S
I remember this Harley story, and think it is among the very best ever told on MB.

I am glad he's doing better. Offer to garage the Harley for him, so he and you will both know it's safe while he's serving our country.

Heck, I'll take care of it for him. My FWH and I could take it out once a week "to be sure the battery stays charged up for him", and I would even polish the chrome with love. I promise. It could be best friends with our Sportster!

SB

K
K
Believer,

He's trusting her to be here alone? Hopefully she won't hook up with your xH again.

Knitgirl
B
OP Offline
B
He is leaving his daughter with the OW. He is an extremely careful man, so I guess he knows what he is doing. All through the affair, I always heard what a wonderful mom and wife the OW was. So maybe she has gone back to normal. And I don't care if she and my ex hook up again, but doubt they will. The affair has been over for 9 months.

S
S
I can't see how more separations is going to keep this marriage intact. She's already demonstrated how she copes with being alone. Still....I wish him and his daughter the best.

B
OP Offline
B
Oh, Star, I skipped one little detail. They are divorced also. He doesn't want her back as a wife, but likes her as a roommate. He is dating someone else.

M
M
Oh, Star, I skipped one little detail. They are divorced also. He doesn't want her back as a wife, but likes her as a roommate. He is dating someone else.

WOW.. I am sure that's NOT confusing for the child!?!?!?!?

B
OP Offline
B
Yep, MEDC - strange arrangement. I guess the OW had no where to live when she and my ex called it quits. I don't have any of the story though. So she is back home after 4 years, playing the good mother again.

I don't blame him. OW completely abandoned him and his 12 year old daughter. She only went to see the girl for about 20 minutes once a month or so during the height of the affair. I used to see him and his daughter shopping at the grocery store quite a bit.

After his divorce was final, he started dating, and has someone he is interested in. Then the OW suddenly moved back in with him and the daughter.

Remember, he waited 4 years for his wife to come back.

B
B
She isn't BACK Believer. She's a room-mate. This is pretty sick IMO.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
agreed...and that arangement is not okay when you have kids.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 935 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation