Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1945913 09/24/07 05:20 PM
S
OP Offline
S
How do you get rid of guilt? I am guilty that I had an EA/PA with my cousin's husband during the early part of my separation with my STBXH.

I have been separated for six years now. On the 5th year of separation, I found out that my STBXH is having an affair with our common friend for the past nine years with 2 OC already. STBXH begged for another chance. I was also considering a reconciliation that time. So, I decided to admit my own EA/PA. It was one year of trying to work on US, but to cut the long story short- it did not work out. He is now living with OW and OC for good- I will be filing for annulment soon.

On the other hand, three years after the EA/PA had ended, my cousin and husband divorced; without us admitting to the EA/PA up to now. I have spoken with my cousin twice since her divorced and seen her once just recently- but never had the courage to admit my sin and ask for her forgiveness. We never even talk about her divorce or anything personal.

How do you get rid of guilt? I am now 42 and leading a straight life and commit to the Lord that I will never, ever enter into bad R again. Just devoting my life to my pre-teen adopted daughter who felt abandoned by her father. I am not even sure if I have the courage to enter into another R even after my annulment is final. STBXH was my first and only BF prior to marriage. But I sometimes felt like because of what I've done- nobody will love me and accept me anymore. It's been five years now since the EA/PA has ended. I know I am forgiven by God... But, inside I still feel like a trash---

Thank you for listening...

God bless,
Someoneout_there

X
X
You have to learn to love yourself and to learn to forgive yourself.

Talk to your pastor about ways to help you.

God bless.

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you, Xetta. Yes, I really need to learn to love myself and to forgive myself.

God bless,
someoneout_there

S
S
Someone,

It is obvious you learned from your mistake - correct? A lot of people do not learn from their mistakes and repeat them over and over. You know what you did was wrong so forgive yourself. You may need some counseling to do this.

Also, and I am not condoning what you did, but it was a bad time in your life and you made a really bad decision.

I think you need to write a heartfelt letter of an apology to your cousin. That may help both you and your cousin move on.

(I would give anything for a letter of apology from my X).

Keith

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation