Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
_
_
Minou,

Could you please post these in my VA thread too...I think they would be helpful there too.

Thanks,

MAZ

Me, 43, 2 online EA's 2006
DH, 45, 2DDs, 16 & 9
Married 23 years.
M
M
I am still trying to figure out what are my boundaries. I also need to know what to do if they are crossed. Some boundaries will be difficult to find out if they have been crossed. Here is one boundary that I am having a hard time with because I may not know if it has been crossed or not. That boundary is very important for me, in fact, it is my #1 EN. It is about openness and honesty.

I am searching for answers to these questions. How will I know if one has lied to me? How do I know if I don't dig, snoop around, ask questions in different ways or at different times? What are some of your consequenses if you have the same boundary as me?

Anyone?

J
jcool Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Minou, I am searching for the same answers too. Hope someone out there has an answer!

M
M
jcool

I have a great website for you

http://al.turtlecounseling.com/blog/Relationships/Skills/Boundaries

on the right side on that site, there are a lot of subjects you can go through, and in each page, you can chose to read more on each sections. I cannot stop reading this site now, and I woke up this morning with a much better sense of direction. I am clearer on my boundaries, and I think I am in the right direction on how to proceed with them.

I hope you will find it as amazing as I do. Let me know.

M
mvg Offline
M
I am still trying to figure out what are my boundaries. I also need to know what to do if they are crossed. Some boundaries will be difficult to find out if they have been crossed. Here is one boundary that I am having a hard time with because I may not know if it has been crossed or not. That boundary is very important for me, in fact, it is my #1 EN. It is about openness and honesty.

I am searching for answers to these questions. How will I know if one has lied to me? How do I know if I don't dig, snoop around, ask questions in different ways or at different times? What are some of your consequenses if you have the same boundary as me?

Anyone?

Are you speaking of a specific person or in general?

My personal policy (subject to change on a whim) is if the person has done something to be distrusted, then I distrust until they've earned the trust back. We've all made mistakes, some worse than others and I pray for a way to earn someone's trust back if I've lied/ommited/done something wrong. So I try very hard to be as thoughtful back. However THEY do have to earn it. Giving unearned trust back is irresponsible IMO.

How do they earn trust, unfortunately they have to be verified (snooping or whatever you need to do). Listen closely, liers have a tendancy to say different things at differnent times to the same situation. Also time of proving their trustworthiness.

Consequenses are based on the situation. There are certain things I WILL NOT tolerate and if those lines are crossed severe consequences. I.E. WH friendly with another W not a friend of our M...out the door bud, I'm not living that again!

I hope my personal perspective helps.

EA4-7/07,Dday7/29,NC 7/30/07
ME 47 WH 48
Married 30 yrs.
2 DD,4 GC
Found out
Learning
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation