Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1953428 10/12/07 06:32 AM
L
life101 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I filed for divorce in June, My H would not move out until I got a restraining order in Aug, then he did not see a lawyer until two weeks after that. Now we are still in this process. He tells people he loves me and cannot understand why I am doing this to him. He had more than one affair! But then the story or stories will change depending on whom he is speaking to at the time. Living with him is like living with a dictator. I am done, finished, and do not want to go back. Even the kids have said the house is so much more peacefull.

I called my lawyer about moving the process along faster. My H is fighting for the house and send me a nasty proposal. I have been fair, if not more than fair. He keeps his retirement intact, plus gets 33000.00 dollars worth of assets from the home. I am walking out with 9000.00 and a house.

Last night he invited himself to go with the kids and I on Sunday. I declined as it is all a game to get back into my life and the house. I am getting the 'I love you " speech, and how he cries all the time. How can I tell him I am done. In truth I am much happier without him. I am not walking on egg shells all the time. I can get in my car and go somewhere without a lecture. In fact that was his favorite thing to do is lecture.

Oh and now he is playing disney dad on the weekends. I can live with that. I asked him if he was taking the kids over night and he said he was not comfortable taking the kids all night at his parents. We use to spend every weekend at his parents! I know better than that.

Last weekend we had a 4-H event on Sunday. My older two children decided to go with their Dad all weekend (and yes they spend the night at his parents). The younger two wanted to go to the event on Sunday. He left them at home while I was at work. Did not call to tell me. It was by fluke that a friend called my cell, I had a missed call, and they said they just talked to my daughter at home. I called my daugher and she said that her dad did not want to drive them clear back home so they cold attend the 4-H event so he left them at home. What if I had decided to go somewhere after work? He my H complains to my children that he never gets to see them. He never even called to ask if I would come and get them or meet half way after work.

I just want out. Help!

L
life101 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Oh, and now this morning my older childen (ages 17 and twins) want to sleep in. My H was in his office in the detached garage last night (H cannot come in the house), and they watched movies until one in the morning. This is becoming a problem as he will decide to play cards on weekdays at 9:30 PM at night on school nights in his office with the kids. My younger two are ages 10 and 12. I become the bad guy when I tell them to be in the house and in bed by 10PM. How do I stop this??

My H has always had a problem with going to bed. He stays up all night at least two nights a week if not more. I have found him asleep on the couch, at the computer, in his office, on the floor. One time he was in his car, with it running, his foot on the brake, and the car in drive. He is like a 40 year old teenager!

T
T
Can you kick him out of the detatched office? It sounds like you and your family would be better off if he had a separate residence altogether. Can your lawyer/the court set an order about how late the kids can "visit" him in the office on school nights?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation