Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
User123 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
I recieved a call from the OM last night, he said he is done, and that my wife is not worth it. This was after I revealed to his job. He is an FBI Special Agenct. Well my wife is absolutly furious with me, she says that everything I did was shady, and sneaky. I followed the rules and revealed the affair to friends, family, work etc. I went by her apartment today, and she was so angry, that she vowed that I wouldn't be the one that she came to. She also mention that she wants me to leave her alone, and not see her, she even threatened a restraining order. I haven't done anything wrong in my mind, but I need to defuse this situation. I can't do anything right now, bacuase she is so angry, I made her lose this guy. What do I do? Just stay out of her way and see if she ever comes back to me????

Thanks,
Ryan.

M
M
It will blow over. You just took the crack pipe away from the crack head and she is, naturally, furious. There is absolutely NOTHING you can say that will change that because she is impossible to reason with; she uses no reason.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
How did you expose at work? Did you follow our advice and notify HR?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

U
User123 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
To tell you the truth I didn't have to go that far. I wrote an email to the OM and CC'd his work on the emails. That was enough for him to see that I am very interested in making my marriage work.

Here is the email:
"I am writing you this email to let you know, I am fully aware of the extent of your affair with my wife. I am completely against this horrible affair and I plan to work very hard to save my marriage. You have done a horrible thing in breaking up a family and I will not tolerate any further contact with my wife. I have always loved my wife, and will continue to love her, no matter what happens. I am going to reveal this affair to all involved, their friends, family, work, church, etc. until you have done the right thing, and stop committing adultery with my wife.

I appreciate your commitment in this matter,
Ryan Scott."

P
P
Ryan your wife is behaving exactly according to script. Too late now, but I wouldn't have threatened him with exposure (just DO IT!) because now you don't know if he just called to placate you or if he really meant it.

If he didn't mean it and he and your wife make contact again, they could just take it further underground. That's why most of the time it's recommended to expose to EVERYONE at the same time.

Anyway, if he really did break it off, your wife WILL get past her anger at you. In fact, she's probably being a little dishonest to you and to herself... because she knows it was the right thing to do.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
Oh, didn't someone tell you that your wife would be FURIOUS? We must have overlooked that detail. But they all get very angry, and then they get over it.

Just sit back and give it some time.

U
User123 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
I expected her to be mad, but I have never seen her this angry, in the 10 years we have been together. She wouldn't let me into her apartment, and she wouldn't even let me pet our dog.... She has looked at the books, by Dr. Harley, so she threw it back in my face, that I should have known she would be angry and that she wouldn't want anything to do with me. She told me that she would call me, and that I can't call her, text her, stop by, etc. It is so strange considering 4 weeks ago it seemed like things were going better, while she was having an affair. She also keeps bringing up that she can't forgive me for telling her friends about the affair... I wish there was another way to get this strange person out of my wife's body, because it is so hard for me to see her upset and angry at me.

Ryan.

Last edited by scottryana; 10/14/07 06:20 PM.
B
B
Like Melody says, your wife was happily smoking the crack pipe. Of course she wasn't angry with you.

Ride this out. Hopefully the OM won't continue the affair.

The WS is always furious, but they seem to get over it quickly. They usually threaten divorce, but have seen very, very few file for one. Your marriage has a better chance now, so try to have confidence.

M
M
She also keeps bringing up that she can't forgive me for telling her friends about the affair... I wish there was another way to get this strange person out of my wife's body, because it is so hard for me to see her upset and angry at me.

You took the first step in getting your real wife back by bustng up the affair. Don't let her upset you; this will all blow over!

Exposure 101

G
G
I too had never seen my wife so angry as when I exposed. I thought I was prepared, but boy I was really set back by her reaction. Took me a week or two to regain MY composure. She got over it in a few days.

Of course that was nothing compared to her anger when she found out I had filed for divorce! By the end of THAT conversation I was "Dead to her". She called me withing 48 hours.

M
M
Me thinx she protests too much. She is trying to scare you into backing off and letting her try to continue contact with the OM. Very few adulteries really end the first time the adulterers say it is over. They most likely will try to contact each other again - just more senakily AND your WW is hoping her angry reaction will be enough to make you think twice abotu interfering again.

Hopefully the OM really will stop all contact with your WW. In that case she will be really angry with you for a while...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation