I am really upset and can’t seem to shake it.
My friend is going through a divorce. She has been a stay-at-home mom for the last 7 years. She loves her kids a lot and never even let them spend the night away from her because she was so overprotective. The soon-to-be-x doesn’t want to pay child support so decided to fight her for the kids. He has never been around for the kids. She attends other family functions with the kids and he never goes to anything. He paraded through his friends and family to testify against her. She didn’t want to bring anyone because she felt it was unnecessary. We all didn’t think it would be likely for him to win so none of us took the time to testify. It’s messy no one wanted any part of it. His friends and family painted her to be a lazy person because she is a stay-at-home Mom and never worked (as if raising kids isn’t work) and said she is addicted to prescription medication. She is on prescription medication but she has never been addicted to anything in her life. She is 37 years old and never even drinks alcohol. Now the kids are going to be in daycare and she has to get a job to pay him child-support. She had a court-appointed attorney because she couldn’t afford one. I found out on Friday and I am in shock and disbelief and really find myself in a depression that I can’t seem to shake. I don’t know if I’m writing this for me or her. I’ve been divorced 5 years and mine wasn’t anything like this. The thought of my kids being taken from me is horrible. It is an empathy I can’t explain.