Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1982060 12/03/07 02:11 PM
B
brianwv Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello everyone. I started an EA a little over a year ago. After about 4 months, my W found the cell bill and confronted me. I ended the relationship at that time and my W and I pressed on for a while. Then started it up again only to meet her a month later for a couple of hours. I ended it again. Since then we have spoken on and off about 4-5 times in the last 10 months. My W continues to ask me questions and I tell her it's over with. Recently she discovered an email from her and seen that I had not ended it. After a few talks of divorce, I came clean on everything and filled her in. Although I was surprised, she gave it another chance. Things were great for 2 weeks. I sent out a work email to many folks with the OW on it and she replied in a very formal manner. I questioned why she was so formal with it and it ended a few short lines later. She ended up texting me and my W answered the text to find out that I had not stopped and I lied about the email. Now I have lied to her repeatedly about issues with the OW and don't have a leg to stand on. The bottom line is I love my wife very much and don't want the OW and now my W wants me out. I feel like my world is closing in around me and I have risked her and my son because of a last "reach" to the OW that I don't want to begin with. I've set up for moving out within the next couple of days and an appointment with a counselor (solo) to see if I can get some insight as to why I risked it since I love my wife so much. I'm completely lost and just need some guidance on what to do

ME-FWH-34 HER-BS-31 DS-4 YRS OLD MARRIED - 3/14/03 EA/PA 08/06-12/07 NC: 12/3/07 Moved out: 12/26/07 Status: Busting my butt and doing all things humanly possible to show her she is my world.
brianwv #1982061 12/07/07 11:52 PM
M
M
I am really new here but found your post interesting and almost sweet in the sense that you DO want to be committed to your W.
-In my case-not so lucky. From a woman's point of view I can honestly say that the lies have been MUCH harder to handle than the A. You need to read plan A and PROVE to her that you will not LIE anymore. If there is no lying, there is no cheating.
-Make sure you have done your research on the M counselor. Some think it is best to end the M if there has been an A. I dissagree. I love my WH and he claims he does not love me anymore. so...let the counselor know that your intentions are to FIGHT for your marriage and ask them on guidance of that.
-Like I said tho...I am a newbie too. Take what I say with a grain of salt and read,read,read! Read as many posts that you can and read up on plan A!!! There are much more experienced people here to give you better guidance.

Good luck!
Always blessings,Never losses

missalot #1982062 12/11/07 03:29 PM
S
S
If you want any chance of saving yrou marriage, DO NO MOVE OUT!!!! Under any circumstances, at this point... Read this website, you have a lot of work to do to make it up to her...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation