Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 33 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 32 33
R
OP Offline
R
PA was 7-06 to 8-06. He went on a calling binge to me during 8/06 and she got the phone bill from that 9/06 (so I guess it was only about 1 month b4 they were married that she got her evidence and confronted him). She also knew I gave him the $$ in Sept to fix his home studio to (supposedly-and how he conned me) work on my stuff from home so I wouldn't have to pay studio time for it. They were married 10-06. He left the studio 1/07 (3 months later) and I haven't seen him since. The only phone or email contact was over the music. That's the timeline.

BK- To clarify, I am NOT worried (maybe a little bit) but W2S is convinced if she kicks him out he will come after us. My pont is why would she kick him out...dunno, that's just me.

TMTS-indirectly? I have agonized over a way to do this, but even anonymously he would blame my H...who else would do it?

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
G
G
You have an obligation to protect your children. Period. All else is secondary.

All the best,
Gimble

-An affair is the embodiment of entitlement, fueled by resentment and lack of respect.
-An infidel will remain unreachable so long as their sense of entitlement exceeds their ability to reason.
M
M
You have an obligation to protect your children. Period. All else is secondary.

All the best,
Gimble

Well sure, this is true...But don't you think that fear could be stirred in just about every situation here to ensure that the OBS never be told??? I think going through hypothetical scenarios does nothing but keep you firmly planted in FEAR...PARALYZED...The OMW should know the truth about her life AND it would insure that the final nail on the coffin of this affair is hammered...

If I sat and thought about all of the things that MIGHT happen to me in the world, I would NEVER leave the house...I would certainly never let our DD leave...That is unrealistic...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

R
OP Offline
R
[/quote]I think going through hypothetical scenarios does nothing but keep you firmly planted in FEAR...PARALYZED...[/quote]

True, and it's how I feel right now.

Thank you all very much for your input.

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

My Story
G
G
Hi, Mrs W.

I have been in situations where I could have easily found myself dead if I did the wrong thing or said the wrong things. The world is a rough place.

Anytime there is a question as to the safety of children, their safety wins hands down.

Gimble

-An affair is the embodiment of entitlement, fueled by resentment and lack of respect.
-An infidel will remain unreachable so long as their sense of entitlement exceeds their ability to reason.
M
M
Sure Gimble, I just think we need to keep fear on the side of rational, yanno?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

T
T
He left the studio 1/07 (3 months later) and I haven't seen him since. The only phone or email contact was over the music.

If she is aware of contact durring this period, I don't understand what is being exposed. unless he was still making advances.

what did I miss?

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
B
B
There is no question Gimble.

WS's and BS's ALWAYS fear the wrath of the OP or their spouse. It's a once in a million shot at there being any question.

Dr Harley clearly says the OP's spouse should ALWAYS be told.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
G
G
Sure Gimble, I just think we need to keep fear on the side of rational, yanno?

Mrs. W

Yep, protecting children is rational.

Gimble

G
G
There is no question Gimble.

WS's and BS's ALWAYS fear the wrath of the OP or their spouse. It's a once in a million shot at there being any question.

Dr Harley clearly says the OP's spouse should ALWAYS be told.

Quote please.

Gimble

B
B
what did I miss?

You missed that even though she has the same evidence and suspected an affair, it was never admitted or confirmed. It was denied by OM.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
T
T
Thanks BK. I'm with you guys now.

Lala, W2S - She still thinks that it never happened?

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
W
W
Mrs. W,

The OMW should know the truth about her life AND it would insure that the final nail on the coffin of this affair is hammered...

Yes it could, but the alternative is just a likely to happen. Where OM loses everything and chooses to make my life more misable than he already has. As it stands right now, he can't contact my DW for fear of me exposing to his wife. If I remove that deterant, I would be opening my family up to all kinds of possible ramifactions including the very real threat of physical harm coming to the people I care most about.

I'm just venting my frustation at the situation. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
D-Day: wife confessed 2-17-07, suspected 8-02-06
Broke NC: 2-19-07, 3-24-07, 5/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
Healing one day at a time.....
R
OP Offline
R
He denied it to her, yes. After he left the studio I had no reason to think he would ever "make a move" again. On 2/17/07 I admitted to W2S what had happened. The next day I called OM from work to tell him that DH knew what had happened and that he needed to get my stuff done, like, YESTERDAY, b/c H was furious that after all this the CD was still not done (he had already been gone from the studio almost a month with my stuff). He called me 2 days later on my cell at work just to rub exposure to my H in my face with a possible opportuninty with a VH1 show and "too bad you told him, now we cannot work together" and blah blah blah. Also to tell me the CD was almost done. Then on April 3rd (I think it was), he writes me this email out of the blue that is long and describes things such as "I have never loved anyone in my life as much as I love you." That's not even close to all it said, but we'll leave it at that. It devasted our recovery for months and got me back to the pining stage. DH says that it was a stall tactic to shut me up about the CD not being done and to protect him from exposure from DH to his W. I say- either way, it was a dispicable thing to do.

So, no, as far as I know, she has never been told the truth.

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
Thank you Gimble...we appreciate your input. I have never spoken to you b4, so it's nice to hear your opinion!

Mrs. W and BK-please understand that I get what you are saying and that I have explained to W2S that there is no grey area here as far as you guys are concerned (and I understand WHY).

TMTS and Graplin...thanks for your support also!

We are listening to everyone and trying to make the best decision for our family, OK.

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

My Story
T
T
Thanks Lala, your dilema makes much more sense now. W2S is absolutly right... cault between a rock and a hard place.

You are the only people who know how credible the threat of retribution is. It does sound like this guy is capable of stirring up the pot at very least.

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
B
B
Gimble - here is the quote you requested....

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/sho...rue#Post2942830

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
It is just HIGHLY, HIGHLY unlikely that OM will come after you guys...He is an OM for goodness sakes...OMs are notorious COWARDS...AND he KNOWS he is the one that DESERVES an [censored] whoopin'...Odds are against any retaliation by him in a BIG way...I really think that you guys are overthinking this and causing yourselves unnecessary anxiety...

As far as him harming your children...I'd say that is WAY over-the-top unrealistic...Brace yourselves, I'm gonna be blunt, but c'mon, W2S, the guy sexes up your wife and then when HIS actions come back to bite him in the butt he decides that to harm your kids??? Um, like he wouldn't be the FIRST suspect? I mean is this guy smart enough to wipe himself? If he is, then I'd say that that scenario does NOT sound even close to possible...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

B
B
He said that he always advised exposure to the BS even if the A was over

That seems pretty clear

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
G
G
Gimble - here is the quote you requested....

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/sho...rue#Post2942830

I found no quote at the link you sent me. I did find some hearsay from a radio listener.

I think I can find a link for you from Dr. Harley where he states that the betrayed spouse should be the judge of exposure actions.

Regardless, I doubt that the good doctor would ever advise someone to place a child or family in a position of jeopardy.

Gimble

Page 18 of 33 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 32 33

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dr. Kabona, zoneofpleasure, priyu04, margoqwerty66, Torres1986
71,882 Registered Users
Latest Posts
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by bestintentions - 10/22/24 12:10 PM
How Do I Tell Him I Don’t Love the engagement ring
by BrainHurts - 10/22/24 10:30 AM
Children
by BrainHurts - 10/19/24 04:02 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,613
Posts2,323,452
Members71,883
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation