Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2010445 01/14/08 07:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
I have been married to my wife for 24 years.I love her with all my heart.this past year she had an affair with my bother-in-law.she told me we have been trying to work things out but I feel she is not trying hard enough to help me believe in her.I don't want to divorce her but she says she wants out.It all boils back to her breast cancer she feels ugly because her breast are all scared up and I was afraid to play with them because I didn't want to hurt her she went through four painful surgery's and I was afraid that something would happen to her.I would do anything for this woman and now I think I have pushed her away by smothering her.I can't believe she wants to give up 24 years.She says she loves me and always will but she is not in love with me.I tried to take my life the day after Christmas.but that was really stupid.But I love her so much and I just wanted the pain to go away.I don't know what to do I pray for her everyday.that she will wake up and fix her insecurities and selfishness and decide to fix our marriage But I don't know if is to late for that.she says she wants to be on her own so she do what ever she wants and don't have to answer to anybody.she also developed HSV2 virus.Some one please help us please GOD HELP US

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Welcome to marriagebuilders. Glad you have found us. I suggest you post on General Questions II since that forum deals with infidelity and there is much more traffic there.

You need to expose the affair to your family and her family. That often slows them down. Is your brother-in-law married too?

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
Yes to my sister and my wife and sister were best friends.I don't want to lose my wife and how do I post this on the other thread

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Just copy it and post on General Questions II.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0