Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20122 10/13/99 10:49 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
I read a lot of posts on here which indicate that some of you intercept e-mail and/or find chat files. I am on AOL and have no clue how you do that, particularly the chat files. Anybody have the info on how to get into those files? THANKS.

#20123 10/13/99 11:38 AM
Y
Y
I'm curious too. <P>I check on his voice mail (glanced over when he retrieved it) and hers (he told me what her access code stood for so it was easy to figure out), but I'd love to be able to check his emails.<P>------------------<BR>When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. Isaiah 43:2<P>

#20124 10/13/99 11:52 AM
Y
Y
nander,<BR>to get AOL chats , you have to turn your log manager on. after you turn it on, you have to leave aol up because closing it will close the log session. you specify a file you want everything to log to and it logs all chats and IMs. you have to do this every time you bring it up. of course if he brings the log manager up, he will see that logging is turned on.<BR>for AOL email, turn on the option that files incoming and outgoing mail in your personal filing cabinet (puts a copy on your local hard drive). then pull up his screenname and pull up his filing cabinet. if he has password protected his filing cabinet, go to the aol/organize directory on your computer, take a COPY of the file that looks most like his screenname. open the copy using microsoft word. all the email will be in this file, even mail he read and then deleted. it's the file that contains the information for his filing cabinet.

#20125 10/14/99 12:18 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
KelStil<BR>Thanks. I replied to this on the high-tech post but just in case you didn't read that one, I wanted to thank you for the info.

#20126 10/14/99 12:29 AM
Z
Z
Hi guys:<P>Remember that snooping goes both ways. If you snoop expect to lose your privacy as well. It is a simple matter to turn that log manager off and then nothing is seen. <P>Do you really want all of your chat and e-mail to be read by anyone? <P>Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Not a bad rule...<P>Flip

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation