Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 27
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 27 |
I recently discovered my husband was having an EA with a coworker for the past 4-6 months. When I discovered the cell phone and text message records I confronted him. He told me who it was right away and told me they were just friends. After showing him several articles he finally realized it for what it was, an EA! He said it makes him sick to look at the phone and text records b/c he didn't realize how out of hand it had gotten. He hasn't talked to her for about almost two weeks now, but he still sees her on ocassion at work. He says he tries to avoid her and not talk to her, however just the thought of him seeing her kills me. I have read that a lot of people suffer withdrawl after ending the EA, and I think he is going through that now. This past Saturday night I was at work and he woke up at 1:30 am and dialed her number from the house phone without even thinking. When he realized what he had done he hung up right away before she could answer. Sunday night he had me take all the house phones with me so he wouldn't be able to call her. I did, but then he called me because it was driving him crazy that he couldn't call her. He says "it was worse b/c he knew he couldn't were as before he could but never felt the need". Is this part of the withdrawl and how should I help him cope with it? He is truely making every effort he knows to make this work. We go for our first counseling session on Thursday, but was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to help him cope with the withdrawl, if that is what he is having? Thanks
Confused Spouse
ME 30
WH 30
Married 2000
DD Jan 23 2008
Son 4
Daughter 18 months
Son on the way
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,312
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,312 |
As many posters shared in your Just Found Out thread, your H must make a clean break before he can really complete withdrawal. If they are still working together, this will be nearly impossible.
Many others will have additional insight in what to do in the meantime.
Welcome to MB and best wishes to you.
Ace
FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr. 4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069 |
Withdrawal usually only takes less than a couple of months. But with them working together, and him seeing her, you can expect "withdrawal" to go on and on. And maybe the affair will start up again. It is exactly like letting a crack addict hang out in a crack house.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 38
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 38 |
CS:
I found out about my WH's EA last Thursday and have been riding the wave! At times I feel like I am drowning and at times I feel great - sounds crazy but true.
My best advice is to keep posting here and those with sound advice will assist you - last night I had a rough night but the advice I received and read truly helped me
Stay strong and do what is best for YOU!
hurtingbadly
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
91
guests, and
39
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|