Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2021425 02/09/08 10:42 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I'm in a very unusual situation and I don't know where to start. I've been married to my husband for 25 happy yrs. About a year ago I found out that he was married to someone else and did not get a divorce from her. I found this out when he received Child Support Orders for one of his kids from his previous marriage. He says they aren't his kids and this lady is using his name on everything because he never divorced her. He claims that he has been paying her support because he didn't want me to get involved in his problem. I was very hurt and overwhelmed about this, but we talked about it and we decided to stay in our marriage. Since then we've become a lot closer and he's more open with me now. We haven't started to to fix this situtation yet because we don't really know where to start. From what I've read on the Internet Websites is that he has committed bigamy, and that our marriage is null and void. So, there are a lot of questions that we have to ask first before we begin to try and fix this mess. If our marriage is null and void then does that mean that we don't need to get a divorce ? He is planning to divorce his first wife, they never owned anything together as they were married for a couple of months and he left her to come to the states and that's when he met me and we've been together ever since. After he divorces her we plan to get married again legally. But where does that leave our property. We were never husband and wife I bought the property with my parents when I was still single and they've since deeded it to me. So shouldn't the property just go back to my name now. What should we do ?

_
_
Hi Toyota,

Welcome to MB...you are in a difficult situation. Unfortunately you have posted your problem on one of the least visited forums on these discussion boards, so it might be best to repost it on the GQII forum below in the infidelity section.

I would suggest you seek to things:

Legal counsel and marriage counseling.

Legally, you need help to proceed properly according to the regulations of your state.

If your husband has been lying by ommission about his non-divorce all these years, there could be many underlying problems that an MC can help you begin to address.

Again, welcome to MB. I'm sure posters on the GQII forum can give you additional suggestions, but be patient as things are slow overall on the weekends.

Best wishes,

Ace

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
R
R
*************edit**************

Last edited by JustUss; 03/29/08 02:42 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation