Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gnagirl Offline OP
OP Offline
G
My husband left his job to work with his shady brother in Insurance about 1 1/2 yrs ago. Prior to that we were very happy newlwyweds with a new house. However, all that has changed due to his job situation with his brother. First, his brother agreed to pay my husband what he was making at his previous job. That turned out to be a lie because he is paying him $12,000 less. Then the withholding for child support is not being paid, we keep getting letters for past due support. His brother is supposed to be sending the child support every month. He gave my husband a paycheck that bounced in November and January. My husband's paycheck was reduced by $500 in December and January. My husband does not say anything to his brother about all of this. It's like he does not want to confront him. I am always the one getting upset and emailing his brother about these issues and he does not respond to me. I don't know what to do. My husband does not want to leave the job. What do I do. This has been very hard on our marriage.

gnagirl
C
C
Are the parents around? I'd start with them. State the facts and ask them to step in and help your husband get the nerve to talk to his brother.

G
G
You say that you are not receiving any child support, how does your husband react to that? How does he manage to pay for childsupport if you are not being given any money from the bro in law? Do not let your H access the savings,he'll probably confront his bro once he has no access to any other funds.
Now about the job, try and see if you can find him a better job, show him some adverts and ask him if he's comfortable for you to apply for the jobs on his behalf.

Good luck

G
GBH Offline
G
You say that you are not receiving any child support, how does your husband react to that? How does he manage to pay for childsupport if you are not being given any money from the bro in law? Do not let your H access the savings,he'll probably confront his bro once he has no access to any other funds.
Now about the job, try and see if you can find him a better job, show him some adverts and ask him if he's comfortable for you to apply for the jobs on his behalf.

Good luck

It sounds to me like the poster's H has child support obligations from a prior M/relationship, and the brother is withholding the money but not forwarding it to the proper party. Probably keeping it for himself. I think that is illegal. And if that is not getting done properly, I'd be worried about withholdings for income tax, social security, medicare, and other stuff. Not handling them properly is also illegal.

I would think the poster's state attorney general's office might be interested in her BIL's illegal activity with regard to his business. If all else fails, she can always report him anonimously and get the business shut down.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation