Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
Post deleted by Karaskorner

P
P
So what about the wedding date? Is that off now? Are you still engaged? When were you supposed to get married? Were the invitations already sent?

Me: 56
H: 61
DD: 13 and hormonal
DS: 20

Oldest son died 1994 @ age 8

Happily married 30+ years
K
OP Offline
K
We actually put the wedding off about 2 months before all this happened. We just realized we couldn't afford it. So nothing was sent out. He did ask me to wear the ring all the time and not to take it off. He says he still one day does want me to be his wife..and I want to one day be his wife!

K
OP Offline
K
Also I am new to this site..so I apologize if I might have posted this wrong.

S
S
You said you have had no contact with the OM but did you send an NC letter? Does your husband still have contact with OM?

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
P
P
Do you think putting the wedding off might have influenced your decision to do what you did?

Getting married doesn't really cost all that much. You go to city hall and get married. The license fee might have gone up a little--but when I got married it was just $15. You have an eight year old son, yet there is no drive to make it legal?

Me: 56
H: 61
DD: 13 and hormonal
DS: 20

Oldest son died 1994 @ age 8

Happily married 30+ years
K
OP Offline
K
I have not sent an NC letter. I figured since it's been almost 3 months and neither of us have contacted each other(nor do I want to at all) that maybe it wasn't necessary. He does not have contact at all with him. He did go to his house twice after he found out to get his side of the story and to take a picture of me off his fridge..but nothing since then.

K
OP Offline
K
I don't feel it influenced it. I know I was feeling pretty good about myself prior to what happened. I had lost 30 lbs and felt really good about how I looked and I def. think that might have played a part. As far as waiting so long to get married we both felt we didn't really need a piece of paper to make it real. Don't get me wrong I have always wanted to marry him.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation