Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Dear Friends,
I want to thank you for taking the time to read this, your opinion is very much appreciated.
My wife and I have been married less than a year and I already see us falling apart.
Not long after our wedding we has some financial problems that against my true feelings I agreed for her to get a job in Saudi Arabia. I was not happy about the decision but I agreed to it to make her happy at the cost of my own unhappieness. I know that was a mistake and we are in it now. I only agreed to it because it was at the time our only option as well as i wanted to give her this oppotunity to see the world.
Now we no longer have the financial need, and I asked her to return. she replied that she has a commitment to her job and she wants to finish being there for year. it has been three months and i feel that we are falling parat day by day.
she told me that the reason why she does not want to come back now is for her pride and integrity and the commitment to her job. we agreed to do this for financial reasons and now that reason has been met. I dont know how to make her see that marriage and her commitment to our marriage comes before any other. I really dont know what to do and how to undo our mistake.
please help us.
Thanks
Alex

T
T
If she loved you she would come right home.

How many american women want to go seek employment in a hot Muslim anti american anti western anti womens right country.

I suspect marriage problems before she left home.

If that is true it greatly increases the chances that she went to go work with an OM or she met an OM while there.

A newly wed should not be able to: bare to be parted from their better half.

M
M
Is she an American?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
Yes she is an american,born and raised.
And we didnt have any major problems before getting married. This based on what she is telling me a professional commitment that she doesnt want to drop.
I support her in what she wants to do. i think from her perspectie she just doesnt want to change no more. change is what most people resent. but i just dont know how much more of this I can take. we are both vrey commited to our marriage and do not doubt her. I do think she is getting great recongnition there and that is always a great attraction in a job.
dont know how to touch the core of the subject that none of these are worth sacrificing our marriage for.
your input is welcom.
thanks

M
M
Can you move there?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
Tyk Offline
T
If you trust her commitment to the M, why are you posting in the Infidelity section?

Do you suspect infidelity?

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation