Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2027854 02/28/08 04:39 PM
L
loneone Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My wife wants a divorce and i don't....I want to bring her back...she wants not part in trying...two small chidren who needs their family...she says she is not in love with me any more....haven't seen a lawyer yet...still time to be bring her home need ways to change her mind been married nine yrs...she she will always love abd care for me but not in love with me....Pepperband are you out there...recommended advice needed...what can i do...

M
M
Why does she want a divorce? Has she moved out? Did she bring the kids?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
I think I would look around for another man in the picture.

L
loneone Offline OP
OP Offline
L
We are still living in the house to gether and getting along good for the children....we were friends first and will remain friends for ever but that is not enough for me...she wants a divorce...because have not given her enough attention and that have spoken bad things to her and it has hurt her deeply....she threw this up to me about a month ago...she would like to wait til after summer to get divorced...well my youngest 3 had open heart surgery last week...when i got him home she decide she was done she wants the divorce soon as possible...I don't know what prompted this I never left that baby's side...I didn't sleep for three days...I told her i was not ready to give it up ....she gets mad and leaves ...comes back a few hours later...but she will not talk about al she will say is she can't change her heart...Let me help her change her heart...I just started going to church and asking God to forgive me and reunited with him...she will not go with me and the children...I am still praying for both of us and I hope he will answer....Help me bring her back

M
M
she's having an affair. There will be evidence of the affair. Hire a PI if you can afford one.
Do not agree to a divorce and don't even engage in any divorce discussions.

M
M
because have not given her enough attention and that have spoken bad things to her and it has hurt her deeply....

What did you do exactly?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
loneone Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My oldest child is 6 and the other is 3....I take care of them night and day....I get them up and ready every morning at six....take them to school and day care at six thiry....she does not leave til seven thiry but want drop them off...I pick themup everyday at five thiry...I give them their baths and make sure they are ready for bed and normally sleep with themto get them down...I spend a lot of time with them and I can understand her not getting my attention...but she does not spend that much time with them...I got mad and told her she was a bad mother....that hurt her....she does supply the clothing and food and other stuff but I don't feel she spend enough one on one with them....I still do alot around the house to laundry evryday, pick up around the and cook, do the dishes and i never hear thanks for being here...if I was to ask her to take the kids she gets mad...start with it will make me late....I have been doing this everyday for six years...

M
M
sounds like you are right in your assessment of her mothering.

B
B
So you are a stay at home dad?

If she uses the computer, put a keylogger on it and see what she is up to. Also check her cell phone statement.

L
loneone Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I am not sure about the affair...I wonder sometimes but she really does not have the time for an actual physical affair...maybe and emtional one...I do wish I knew...I would for give her....i love her and i don't want to lose my family...I cme from a divorced family as a young child...I do not want my children to go through that...but she says this divorce has nothing to do with the children to me it has everything to do with them....they will suffer the most...

L
loneone Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I work ten hours a day...and eight on fridays...no I don't stay at home....average 48 hours a week at my job now...18 years at my job...

B
B
All the infidels say that divorce won't bother the kids.

I suspect someone at her work. They don't need much time to conduct an affair if they work together. Many take off from work together during the day.

M
M
many, many people that have thought their spouse didn't have time for an affair have been shocked to find out that they were in deed screwing around. Keylogger and PI. That will answer your questions.

L
loneone Offline OP
OP Offline
L
how do you catch someone at work...she is high on corperate list...she uses blackberry all the time and work computer can't get to them......check cell first thing got caught...month ago.... so I don't think she would use it any more....she very smart very....she maybe at work but can a pi find out this stuff

L
loneone Offline OP
OP Offline
L
no comments melodylane what do you think

M
M
loneone, I would suggest hiring a PI. Ask around. Sometimes policemen or your HR dept can recommend a good PI.

Exposure 101

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation