Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
_
_Ace_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
HERE ARE STEPS FOR HOW I (a computer idiot) LINK THREADS using keystrokes:

1. Open the MB web site and log in to the discussion forum.

2. Go to the thread or sig line where you want to put your link.

3. Minimize that page.

4. Open a second MB website and enter the discussion forum (it won’t let you log in again.).

5. Go to the thread you want to link

6. Go to the top of the page of that thread where the address is located.
(Usually it begins with ‘http://…’)

7. Right click on that address.

8. Click on ‘copy’. (This will link to the first post of the page.)

9. If you want to link to a specific post, write down the 7 digit number under the post title. (Most post numbers start with a 3 as of Oct. 2007.)

10. Minimize that page.

11. Maximize the original page where you want to paste your link. (Be sure you are still logged in by looking for the “logout” icon on the upper gold bar.)

12. Put your cursor where you want to paste the link.

13. Right click on that spot and click on ‘paste’.

14. A long confusing address should appear in that spot that starts with “http://....etc)

CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve now created a link to a page. This will work on your sig line, too.

IF YOU WANT TO LINK TO A SPECIFIC POST ON THAT PAGE:
14 A: Put your cursor on the last 7 digit number starting with a 3 (as of 10/07).
14.B. Delete that number and insert the post number you wrote down previously.

IF YOU WANT TO NAME YOUR LINK SO THE UGLY ADDRESS DISAPPEARS:

15. Insert your cursor immediately to the left of the ‘h’ in the “http://...” address.

16. Type: left bracket, lower case ‘u, r, l’, and then the equal sign: “” immediately before the ‘h’. (If there is a space, it won’t work.)

17. Put your cursor at the end of the post number at the end of the address.

18. Type a right bracket “”

22. When you hit the continue button, the ugly address should disappear and your concise title should be listed in a light blue font.

23. If the ugly address still appears, look for an extra space, or missing bracket, or some other mistake in your sequence.

I know there must be a shorter easier way, but Longhorn asked ME (the computer idiot) and I am so honored that I will post these steps I've learned for all (especially Newbies) on Mark's thread here and link it to mvg's thread!!!!! Thanks to Saturn and MAZ for helping me….if I can do it, anyone can do it!!!!

Ace

PS. Comments/suggestions/corrections welcome!

These steps are on Mark's Musings thread, but Working_It_Out just asked me how to link and I couldn't find Mark's thread easily, so I thought this might be a good place to post these steps. Hope it helps.

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
_
_Ace_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
I wanted to add that when it does not work, it is usually because there is an extra space somewhere....

OR....

....I've accidentally put a parens { } instead of a bracket [ ].

Some say it's faster to link with the UBB codes but I had trouble with it.

Last edited by Ace_in_bucket; 03/08/08 01:01 PM.
B
B

ba109
_
_Ace_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
Thanks ba109,
Ace

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation