Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
The best marital advice I ever received was...

*To not let my pride get in the way.

A good friend told me how she thought her parents would still be together if they didn't let their pride get in the way. This hit home for me and I put my stubborn pride aside and begged my WH to come home and began a great Plan A, even though I didn't know what Plan A was at that time.

Please don't take this to mean that I think this is the answer to all marital problems, it is just the one piece of advice that really hit home and stuck with me and I felt like sharing.

BW 38 (me)
FWH 42
Married 7 years
DD 6
SD 15
11-2006 H said he wanted a divorce and walked out
3-2007 I told H I wanted him back
3-2007 to 4-2007 D-day's
4-2007 H moved back in for good
Today-In recovery, but a long way to recovered
N
N
A demonstration of humility can certainly be extremely helpful in lowering another person's defensive shields sufficiently enough to engage in a constructive dialog. But begging, pleading and acting needy seldom work and often have the effect of repulsing instead of attracting. Being humble does not mean being a doormat.

T
OP Offline
T
I agree completely!

My point of this thread was for others to post a piece of advice that hit home and made an impact on them. Please share your wisdom.

BW 38 (me)
FWH 42
Married 7 years
DD 6
SD 15
11-2006 H said he wanted a divorce and walked out
3-2007 I told H I wanted him back
3-2007 to 4-2007 D-day's
4-2007 H moved back in for good
Today-In recovery, but a long way to recovered
N
N
hmmmmmmm.....

right now for me, it is the "being still" advice......
it is very hard to put into work, but am practicing daily....lol

not2fun

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 570 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation