Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 99 100
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
So check in and let me know how all of you are.

Things are well here. Mom has been keeping the Dervish, and the last couple of days, the Princess, too, so I can boldly spring clean where no woman has spring cleaned before. :eek:

It's good to be back home. I can chat later, but for now it's back to work.

So come on, where are all of you already????

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Also, for any newcomers, please welcome to our cozy little thread. It is kind of a multipurpose thread. We are just one big family here, and keep track of one another, support and encourage each other, vent, journal, and of course....engage in helpful, marriage-building discussions.

There is no such thing as a T/J here. All topics are welcome. So put up your feet, introduce yourself, and enjoy this little slice of life.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Still working away - AJ will be home tomorrow. (Where's the party emoticon? I am so happy!!!)

Also, by way of other news, my (hopefully our) marriage seminar is shaping right along, and our church will take my request to board meeting Thursday to see if they will let us put on the first one there. After that, I am considering requests. (Hint, hint. grin )

Mom sent me this - you may have seen it before, but it is so funny!

Why did the chicken cross the road?

DR. PHIL :
The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on 'THIS' side of the road before it goes after the problem on the 'OTHER SIDE' of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his 'CURRENT' problems before adding 'NEW' problems.

OPRAH:
Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

GEORGE W. BUSH:
We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here.

COLIN POWELL:
Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road...

ANDERSON COOPER – CNN:
We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

JOHN KERRY:
Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

NANCY GRACE:
That chicken crossed the road because he's GUILTY! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

PAT BUCHANAN:
To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.

MARTHA STEWART:
No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standin g order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

DR SEUSS:
Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY:
To die in the rain. Alone.

JERRY FALWELL:
Because the chicken was gay! Can't you people see the plain truth?' That's why they call it the 'other side.' Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media white washes with seemingly harmless phrases like 'the other side. That chicken should not be crossing the road. It's as plain and as simple as that.

GRANDPA:
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS:
Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its life long dream of crossing the road.

JOHN LENNON:
Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

ARISTOTLE:
It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

BILL GATES:
I have just released eChicken2007, which will not only cross roads, but will lay egg s, file your important documents, and balance your check book. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken This new platform is much more stable and will never cra...#@&!&

ALBERT EINSTEIN:
Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

BILL CLINTON:
I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What is your definition of chicken?

AL GORE:
I invented the chicken!

COLONEL SANDERS:
Did I miss one?

Did I mention I'm working on a marriage seminar? smile

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
G'day Neak and Neaksis and T&L smile

well I am here and I am having the day off... ok the WHOLE week off for the thing on Sunday. I have RSI of the fingers laugh and so many pin pricks ... now I know what thimbals are for ... unfortunately !

I suppose it would non PC to get some workshop to do it all smirk

sew sew sew...mum what do you do when you have sown your dress to yourself? crazy

anyway I'm resting from the days off... until tonight then its the cake maker .... I have to go 'help' her .. the poor woman ... mum told to turn up .. with my mum of course ...and say supportive things but to keep my hands off. How insulting .. true ... but still grin I don't decorate well.

I am so happy for you that AJ will be home tomorrow along with Mr C??? Just going to make a cuppa and read on for a while ... the boys are out in the desert doing deserty soldier thingies ... probably. cool grin whistle

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
Where are the rest of the posts? YIKES!!!!

Oh, I found them.....why do we have a new thread?

Last edited by cinderella; 03/24/08 11:26 PM. Reason: because I am confused!!!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Not to panic - this is a whole new thread.

How is your car thingy going? It's been so long since we'uns got to chat.

And AW, it sounds like you need a nice bath and foot massage. I'll send chocolate.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
Here are some more you can add to it -

PLATO: For the greater good.

KARL MARX: It was a historical inevitability.

TIMOTHY LEARY: Because that's the only trip the establishment would let it take.

SADDAM HUSSEIN: This was an unprovoked act of rebellion and we were quite justified in dropping 50 tons of nerve gas on it.

RONALD REAGAN: I forget.

CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: To boldly go where no chicken has gone before.

HIPPOCRATES: Because of an excess of phlegm in its pancreas.

ANDERSEN CONSULTING: Deregulation of the chicken's side of the road was threatening its dominant market position. The chicken was faced with significant challenges to create and develop the competencies required for the newly competitive market. Andersen Consulting, in a partnering relationship with the client, helped the chicken by rethinking its physical distribution strategy and implementation processes using the Poultry Integration Model (PIM). Andersen helped the chicken use its skills,
methodologies, knowledge, capital and experiences to align the chicken's people, processes and technology in support of its overall strategy within a Program Management framework. Andersen Consulting convened a diverse cross-spectrum of road analysts and best chickens, along with Anderson consultants with deep skills in the transportation industry, to engage in a two-day itinerary of meetings in order to leverage their personal knowledge capital, both tacit and explicit, and to enable them to synergize with each other in order to achieve the implicit goals of delivering and successfully architecting and implementing an enterprise-wide value framework across the continuum of poultry cross-median processes. The meeting was the solution. Andersen Consulting helped the chicken change to become more successful.

MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR: I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.

FOX MULDER: You saw it cross the road with your own eyes. How many more chickens have to cross the road before you believe it?

MACHIAVELLI: The point is that the chicken crossed the road. Who cares why? The end of crossing the road justifies whatever motive there was.

JERRY SEINFELD: Why does anyone cross a road? I mean, why doesn't anyone ever think to ask, "What the heck was this chicken doing walking around all over the place, anyway?"

FREUD: The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

OLIVER STONE: The question is not, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" Rather, it is, "Who was crossing the road at the same time, whom we overlooked in our haste to observe the chicken crossing?"

DARWIN: Chickens, over great periods of time, have been naturally selected in such a way that they are now genetically disposed to cross roads.

RALPH WALDO EMERSON: The chicken did not cross the road it transcended it.

THE WEATHER CHANNEL: El Niño is responsible for altering the regular North American migratory patterns of chickens, thus causing the chicken here in question to cross the road contrary to normal behavioral trends.

THE SIERRA CLUB: The inaction on the part of Congress to proactively engage the issue of Global Warming and to forge a bi-partisan coalition to resolve the dangers associated with worldwide climatic changes is responsible for the chicken forsaking its natural habitat for the opposite side of the unnatural, immoral, man-made roadway. Furthermore, the Sierra Club wishes to formally petition responsible members of government to officially designate this particular stretch of road as "Endangered Chicken-crossing Habitat" and permanently restrict public access to this region.

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
I have been away from home for a few days. Nice to see the site back up.

Will give a much better report tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well, but agree with Neak........ hope everyone checks in and tells how they are.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
C
C
Hi everyone!
I kept checking the old url so I hadn't realized MB was back!

Great to see you all again!

Have to go to work but will catch up this afternoon. In my country the REAL year begins now, after Holy Week, because summer is over, holidays are over, schools start,etc. so it's like the first day in a new life!

Too much for me at this hour...

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
laugh SS, I laughed so hard! Just when I thought I had figured out why the chicken crossed the road...

CC, good to see you back. The differences between our countries are kinda funny - for us we've got just over 2 months left of school, and are winding up for summer vacation.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My boys are home!!!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Well the year has started off well! My boss told me today that I will be removed from my job!

I don't mind that too much except for the disrespect... I'll probably be freer and be able to do more interestin things because my boss asked that I stay as her advisor. We'll see...

Yes Neak, our countries are very different.

C
C
anybody figure out how to make a thread a faorite so you get it in your e mail????

A
A
Originally Posted by Neak
Also, for any newcomers, please welcome to our cozy little thread. It is kind of a multipurpose thread. We are just one big family here, and keep track of one another, support and encourage each other, vent, journal, and of course....engage in helpful, marriage-building discussions.

There is no such thing as a T/J here. All topics are welcome. So put up your feet, introduce yourself, and enjoy this little slice of life.

Neak...

I just wanted to say that your thread title doesn't scare me off... I'm a father of 3 girls and one wayward wife...When my wife first asked me to get feminine products.... I was extremely embarrassed.... and it tickled her pink to be able to embarrass me...

After a while I got wise to this ... And her attempts to embarrass me backfired.... I would go out of my way to embarrass her back...I would go down the isle and say in a voice loud enough for someone to hear me three isles over...”Honey didn’t you need a case of the super absorbent extra super ginormous gargantastic tampons?”... Or when we were in the checkout line just about the time the male clerk was about to ring us up...”Honey you forgot the case of super absorbent extra super ginormous gargantastic tampons.... do you want me to go get them for you?....

(Just in case you didn't know ... Gargantuan + Gigantic + Fantastic = Gargantastic...LOL...No it's not a real word... but I like it alot)

It was all in good fun and we both got a chuckle out of the other people’s reactions more than anything else...

So in closing.... Don’t be surprised if you see a thread named.... “Honey you forgot the case of super absorbent extra super ginormous gargantastic tampons.”....LOL

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
M
M
Amazin, I slip in and read these posts about every hour or so while I am SUPPOSE to be studying, and I just had to stop and tell you that you just crack me up! ALL THE TIME!

It's great that you still have such a sense of humor in this mess. I know I can sure use a laugh every now and then.

Hi Neak! I say let him stay. grin

Good luck with your project.

Husband was unfaithful to me before and after our marriage, at least 7 times. I found out 13 yrs into the marriage. Trickle truth for an entire year. Several different d-days, so it was more like a d-year. Difficult recovery.

A
A
If it made you smile.... Then Mission accomplished... grin

LOL

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
M
M
Yep, and I just smiled again. smile

Thanks for the laughs.

Husband was unfaithful to me before and after our marriage, at least 7 times. I found out 13 yrs into the marriage. Trickle truth for an entire year. Several different d-days, so it was more like a d-year. Difficult recovery.

S
S
My boys are home!!!

We are grateful they have returned home to you safely.

Enjoy the time you have with them.

CC, I have been thinking ever since I read your answer to "How are you?"
There are so many things I would like to say, but I don't know how to say them.

I'll change the subject instead........

Perhaps the job change will be for the good. I don't have an idea of what the change means as far as day to day work for you, but I can't help but think that God is looking out for you, and that he will bring you to where you need to be. Most often he used natural means to do that, and has us to much of the work, but he is there, behind the scenes, making it happen.

I hope you know that we really care, even if we can't always find the words to express our feelings. I will comment more about things you have said. God be with you - and thing being a polite request, made with faith, we hope he will honor it.

SS

C
C
Considering that my car dies or gets killed about every 3 to 4 years and my daughter will be getting her license soon, I do not want to spend a fortune on a car. Under 5-6K$ would be great. Somewhere around 100,000 miles would be ok. Not ideal but I need a car for her to learn on. And my son is 15 so he will be learning w/in the next 2 years. This is SO SCARY!!!

Friday, I went to about 7 places that sell used cars. I started the engine of one car.

This is not going well.

A
A
So glad they are home safe & sound!!! now go spoil them and make sure AJ gets plenty of the home kids lol laugh

Rella I hate looking at cars and trying to get one that will simply go without any trouble... fancy it does not have to be. And the salesMEN treat you like you are a dummy and when you ask them questions they pretend they know where the inlet manifold gasket is .... if you want to get a laugh ask them to pop the hood and then get them to check the oil ... half have no idea!!

meanwhile I am trying to fix the power steering on the car that DD is to use next week .... the flow control valve is leaking... I think the O ring needs replacing so I'll try to get it done tomorrow by the mechanic down the street.

I'm organised Neak ...... I think ... only need MY DRESS now .. Aussie can I have some $$$$$ ..... it's alright he usually is only in shock for a minute or two whistle

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation