Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2033354 03/25/08 07:26 PM
OP Offline
I haven't posted in ages--but the short story is after a 5 year LTA, H got OW pregnant, we have limited contact due to distance, OC is 2 years old, our M is still a work in progress. We have arrived at a way of handling things (for the moment anyway!) which involves us visiting every 3 to 4 months for 3 days--OW and OC are 6000 miles away from where we moved to right after d-day--a planned move which was supposed to facilitate their "break-up"--LOL.

I guess I'm posting to see how other people are coping after a few years out. We weather the demands and craziness of OW, have a fine visit with OC with just OC, H and me, negotiate how much H and OW have contact and agree that they are never alone--they talk during pick up and drop off in day care or a restaurant--I don't stay for the hellos and updates--OW hates having me around her and I don't want to be her friend.

But I feel like the constant drama and feelings involved around OC makes for less time for work on the reasons for the infidelity--there just isn't time in the week for deep discussions about all this, plus OC, plus work, plus our family, plus just doing ordinary couple things which are good for our R--H is being a very good mate, fights we have are ordinary marital, 30 year marriage disagreements if you know what I mean--but I still feel like I sleep with one eye open. Will the slight paranoia and deep hurt ever really disappear?

Don't want to sound doom and gloom--I realize this situation makes one's marriage and R completely different, changed, and for me more prickly. But most of life is pretty ordinary--and I don't trust ordinary anymore.

Oh well, glad to be back and posting again. I try to follow people's stories--so sorry for all the heartache.

G
G
I don't know you 25harriet, but I'm 7 1/2 years out and things improve with time.
Although we have nc, ow manages to 'keep it alive' with a variety of things ~ sigh ~
The deep hurt lessens.
The sleeping with one eye open, well I haven't done that since year 3 I think. I suppose it's normal at first. A reflex so to speak.

Although everyone is different in their choices, I agree w/ Dr. Harley, that nc is better for the marriage as it allows things to recover without interference from the drama associated w/contact. I honestly would never have done well if we had c and do not believe I'd have remained married.
BTW it's 34 years for us and I understand the 'normal' married arguements lol~

Perhaps you could carve an hour or two each week for conversations that are private between you and your H. It is important you let your feelings known. Try turning off the evening news and spend an hour talking~

God Bless You~

Married 3-02-74
D-day 11-13-00
Recovered very well now~
N/C
Me and H both 55
1 beautiful granddaughter, a wonderful son, and daughter-in-law...(like a daughter~)

God answers all prayers in His own way...in His own time.
E
E
It is nice to hear that some of us old timers have made it. My d-day was 1996. No contact since. Married since 1972.

May God bless America. BW. d-day 01-1996. In recovery ever since. 2 OC's. I met OW and 2OC's in 1996. No contact since. H's choice. Our grown children know of 2OC's and has met one of them. No interest. I love my H again. MB is great. ember

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation