Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 100 1 2 3 4 5 99 100
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well, I was happy too soon. But at least he kept it down long enough for the Benadryl to absorb so he's quit sneezing. However, while I was taking his dirty jammies to the laundry hamper, he was busy drinking another whole cup of water--so I'm guessing we'll be doing this again shortly.

Barf.

t&l

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2035339 03/29/08 09:31 PM
A
AJ_ Offline
A

Hi every one we are back from Canada the place we the sun forgot to visit cool we have some pictures and as soon as neak get them she will post them for you all.

Happily recovered!and Happily Married :0)

Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3
AJ_ #2035357 03/29/08 11:40 PM
C
C
Well, add an option for anti-flatulance and what do we get?

A BUNCH of men!!!!!

And they are all welcome!

S
S
Hi Aussie !!

You sound pretty good, all things considered.

I want to go back to the desert!

I live in the desert, just come visit me for a while. Then AW won't worry QUITE so much about what will happen to you.

Neak Said:
Mr. C looks like a slice of Wonder bread - such a pale little pastry boy. Not seeing the sun for a couple months will do that to a fellow.

I hope he drinks Vitamin D Milk.
I remember the Canadian winters. Sun goes down at 4 PM, comes up at 10 Am, and it never gets warm. Ever.
I'm sure he'll get over it. I hope AJ is feeling better. My W says it's worse having a sick H than to be sick herself.
Well, she used to say that. Now she just lets me fend for myself.

As far as flatulence goes..........I best stay away from that discussion........... interesting though it is. I notice Neaksis stayed away from it too, she seems like such a smart gal.

Hi Cinderella. Did you make a decision about the car? One of our cars has 200,000 miles on it, one has 150,000 and one has 110,000. I always wonder how long they will last. When we first married, we had an old station wagon that we drove until it had 230,000 on it. It was stolen at that point. Probably the best car I ever owned.

Anyway, I hope you find something that will work well for you, last as long as you need it to, and won't cause problems.

Was thinking about your back also, wondering how that is going for you..... and work. I hope life is mostly good at your house. We will probably go to Yellowstone park this summer for our vacation. You can join us if you want. I could even come up with a tent and sleeping bags (for all of you) for the camping part, but we'll be in a motel for part of the time.

How many of the folks on this thread have visited Yellowstone Park?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
Also (I nearly forgot) how is GP?

SS looks worried, and wonders.

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I was just coming in here to post about GP anyway, who is down at the hosp getting checked out after falling and hitting his head on the toilet. He was already sick and was going to see the regular dr. anyway, but now he gets a bit more immediate attention. No verdict yet, but they have been talking to medical people and stuff. AJ and Mom took him in. Oh, Mom just called then threw me away without any info cuz the dr. just walked in.

AJ just went through Yellowstone this trip, and has a couple of pictures. I have been there before, but not for nearly long enough.

AUSSIE - HELLO!!!! Thank you for specifying which type of thongs you were talking about, as I'm sure some of my family members would have been very confused if you hadn't been so clear. (They are just like that.) So how was it? Give AW & Mum our love. We love your wifey very much, but there is no denying we get much more interesting info from you and Mum, whenever one of you has a chance to visit. {{{{A2 & Clan}}}}

And Sweetheart, love of my life who is so kind as to sit with Mom and Grandpa for hours and hours and hours, I will be glad to post your pix as soon as I get them.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Originally Posted by still seeking
Hi Cinderella. Did you make a decision about the car? One of our cars has 200,000 miles on it, one has 150,000 and one has 110,000. I always wonder how long they will last. When we first married, we had an old station wagon that we drove until it had 230,000 on it. It was stolen at that point. Probably the best car I ever owned.

Anyway, I hope you find something that will work well for you, last as long as you need it to, and won't cause problems.

Was thinking about your back also, wondering how that is going for you..... and work.

How many of the folks on this thread have visited Yellowstone Park?

SS

SS, I live w/ a teenaged boy. Flatulence in not a taboo topic here.

My daughter's boss's daughter has a 1997 Taurus w/ 140K miles on it for which she wants about $2K. But, I could be getting more problems than I want. I looked at a nice little 1999 Taurus w/ 97K miles on it for which a dealer is asking $6900 w/ no warranty but the dealership is a casualty of Ford's declining profits so they will be closing this weekend and I don't know if I'll have the insurance check by then.

Used cars are not hard to find.....I have no preconceived notion what I want.

I just know that my 17 year old daughter better get her learner's permit soon or I will shoot her. And my son is 15 but not begging for his. So, I don't know what to do. Maybe that old, cheap Taurus is the way to go.

My back is somewhat tighter and less flexible since the wreck. My left ear, which had internal issues that developed last month, is now numb to the touch on the outside. ENT says that is probably related to the wreck and to muscle/nerve tension/inflammation.

The PT at the chiro's office works me over when I go in.....neck, hips, hamstrings, periformis muscles.....you name it.

And I have been to yellowstone. Didn't stay long enough. Have never stayed anywhere long enough - except for home town.

Aussie, good to have you join us. Things are ALWAYS much more colorful when you are around.

S
S
Let us know how GP does. I don't know what is best, but God does, and so I pray for the best possible outcome.

Would love to see AJ's photos if you and he ever get the time.

Cinderella, we never have long enough at Yellowstone either. It's a magical place if you are on vacation. We have hiked into the back country, and fished, and I love the wild life and scenery. It's vacation though, not real life, so it's easier for it to be magical. If I worked there (picking up trash or something?) it might not be as fun.

I keep hoping you'll come on one day and tell us that nothing hurts, and every thing works just fine. I remember the story of the man who woke up and told his wife "I think I died in the night." She asked "what do you mean?"
"Well," he said "nothing hurts, so I figure I must be dead."

I don't wish for you to be dead, but I do wish for many days when nothing hurts.

As far as cars, I got an issue of Consumer Reports off the news stand about two weeks ago that covered cars, and used cars. You could probably find it at the local library and make notes. It recommends those cars that have had the least complaints, and the least repair costs and tells you which used cars have the least problems, and which cars are prone to have lots of problems. It covers the years too, and warms about specific model year troubles.

We'll have two new drivers in about a year. I understand how you feel about daughter and son learning to drive. Of course, we have already been through it with the first 6 children, and no really big problems yet. I shouldn't worry so much.

Did I see lady C on here? Or am I dreaming?
Lady C, come back and tell us how things are at your house. I haven't seen a report from you in a long time.

CC, I am glad the job looks good. I hope it goes as well as it looks. Changes like that are usually hard on me, I hope it is going fine for you this time around.

Does this change your location and the people you associate with at work too? Or is it just another room in the same building?

Still praying for you.

SS

C
C
I know he's not very feminine but I don't know about flatulent.....Has anyone seen RIF around lately?

A
A
Originally Posted by cinderella
Well, add an option for anti-flatulance and what do we get?

A BUNCH of men!!!!!

And they are all welcome!

I just want to point out for the record...

That it was a woman who originally brought up farting...um... er... Fluffing... uhhh... breaking wind... er... Flatulance...

I just ran with it... so to speak...LOL

(Gee ... saying fart is almost like a bad word in here...)

What exactly is it you women do? You certainly don't fart so you must fluff....LOL

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Now Amazin, I only mentioned flatulence after your personal stories, since it sounded like anti-emission agents would be more useful to you than anything WE had on the aisle at the present...but since I've been a nurse for 39 years now, it's not exactly like I was shocked by the subject!! Oh the sights I have seen and the smells I have smelled. sick

SS, was it you that noticed that Neaksis didn't comment on the subject of flatulence? I'll have you know that Neaksis won't even admit she has a digestive system at all, so don't be expecting any confidences from HER! Now of you want tattling, on the other hand... grin

t&l

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2036612 04/01/08 09:07 PM
A
A
Now Amazin, I only mentioned flatulence after your personal stories,

I didn't say anything about farting until after ladyclueless brought it up...LOL

That's where it all started...LOL

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
T
T
I knew a lady who was lots of fun

Yabbut, yabbut, Lady Clueless blamed her story on someone else! You said it about YOU!! I just smell like roses. laugh

True, they are roses that have been dead for decades, but roses nevertheless. That's what LADIES do, since you asked!

tl

A
A
My story is true too....

That's what makes it so funny in my opinion...LOL laugh

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I hate to interrupt this fascinating discussion of farlufting, or "barking spiders" as my branch of the clan delicately calls them.

So I am out in the middle of the desert on a brief break, having started my lessons in driving an automatic semi several hours ago. I miss shifting. It's not bad, but it's so LAZY!

Mom has the kids and GP, who was pretty nutty still yesterday but hopefully is more lucid now. (Really, it would be hard to be less lucid.) AJ & I crossed paths for a few hours last night, but will have to drive really hard to make it all the way back east by Friday.

Hey, I just started it and pulled forward a little ALL BY MYSELF without any instructions. Don't ask AJ what my grade was though. I accomplished it; that's what's most important.

Well, break time almost over, and I still have an errand to run.

Back to flatulence.....

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Your cell phone is off and we can't remember his number. ET, phone home...

s

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
happy driving, Neak. and if not happy, then safe!!!

S
S
I sincerely hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Prayers for the cross country drivers. May you return home safely at the end of your journey. May the trip be a joy too.

Prayers for the kids, and for the person looking after them and GP. May it be rewarding for all of you.

Prayers for Cinderella and family. That God will guide you to the right vehicle, and that all of you may have good health.

Prayers for CC. May God light your path, and show you the way. May he lift your heart, lighten your load, and help you find happiness on your journey. Not that you don't find happiness now, but may it increase.

Merry Christmas, and a very happy new year.

SS

PS -
Prayers for NeakSis. For whatever you need the most. And maybe even for a few wants. God bless you for your efforts.

Prayers for AW, and family. May God protect and watch over you, and all of yours, and may they always return safely home to you.

BTW, this afternoon it's Lindt Classic Recipes
Milk Chocolate with Gently roasted hazelnuts. Thought you would want to know.

C
C
Merry Xmas to you too!!!!!!

Weather is beautiful here, cool in the morning and night, sunny and warm during the day.

I'm moving into my "new" office next week, it's two doors down from the previous one, but a whole world away.

T&l, will be answering you be e mail, on the weekend. I'm too busy playing Tumblebugs! and listening to the buddhist monk. He's hilarious!

Prayers for all, and keep safe on the roads.
Why are we saying goodbyes like this?

S
S
Why are we saying goodbyes like this?

I rarely post on weekend (because of time constraints)

Sometimes I get like this on Friday. Not sure why. cool

SS

Page 3 of 100 1 2 3 4 5 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation