Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Hi
I had recorded my wife over a while ago, I heard men's voices in my house, seen her running past the camera, and on an ocassion rubning towards to the window saying my husband, husband thinking I was coming home early.

I posted here before about this situation and now have a new issue.
I have since found a place to move into and suggested that we sperate, she has volunteered totake a polygraph test to prove that she did have an affair... I'm confused now, because in t ehpast she has said to me, If I beleive that strongly about moving I should move, well I found a flat, but now almost seven months later she wants to take a polygraph test, she tells me she is in fear of losing her stability, the bills, getting and starting things on her own, finding a house , all financial.

But the polygraph thing man, that's thrown me for a loop like you wouldnt beleive, and the truth of the matter is I dont trust her.
I posted before here, and always got relaible feedback... she found a forum I posted to and posted there herself... then emailed me at work to tell me what she has done..
I did not choose carefully in my decision for a wife, 2nd at that .....

Any thoughts on this would be deeply appreciated.....

B
B
I'm confused too. You have several videos of her bringing another man into your bedroom, right? And now she wants to take a polygraph that will prove that didn't happen?

T
T
I an finding the way you wrote your post confusing?

H
OP Offline
H
Yeah, I know
I'll try again, about 7 months ago I suspected my wife have having an afair bringing a maninto our home, I have video of him running past the camera, of her blcoking thecamera so he can get by, of his voice, of her acting strange, running past the camera, audio of her on the computer and the shower starting, of her whispering my husband and looking out the window and lastly of hertelling him to be quiet or I'll hear him and him saying yeah.

Now that I have found a place to move to, she wants to take a ploygraph to prove that she did not have an affair..

Which is confusing as she was calling around and making appointments and all...

She always was always telling me to leave if I beleive what I have, and now I am ready and she is acting like I'm tearing her world apart.

Thats where I am now... stuck,

I hope that came out better....

I
I
Have her take the polygraph immediately!!! Sometimes they agree to the test just to throw you off and hope you don't take them up on the offer!!! Curious what was her reaction to the video and/or explaination for another man running around the house etc??

B
B
I think it is pretty obvious what is going on here. You caught her on tape with a man in your bedroom. She knows you will not put up with this and have moved out like you should. She is asking to take a polygraphy to throw you off. There are websites that claim there are ways to fool a polygraph. I read where if you take a certain pill it increases your heartbeat in such a way that it messes up a polygraph. I am curious also her response when you showed her the videotape? The bottom line is that another man is in your bedroom running in front of your camera and then taking a shower while she tells him to be quiet because you may hear what is going on. She wants to hold on to her lifestyle and continue to play you for a fool. See a lawyer and show him the tape.

H
OP Offline
H
Her response at first was challenging to me, she thought that I did not have a place to go so she took the high road on me,told me I had nothing, she said that she didnt see anything in the tape, even though her actions where suspect, running past the camera, running scared to the window when she thought I was coming home, she denied it all, said I dont have real proof, that I dodnt have any body, only noise, she feels confident in that, so I brought headphones and a sound card, and I can hear them, I need to have the audio enhanced does anyone know a good program or company that can help with that, I know what I heard, but she has been playing me, playing my love for her and using that as a weakness against me...

So what to do, I dont trust her and we can never be healthy because she denies the truth, someone said why I expect the truth from a liar....

She has been trying to get me to give up my place and stay home, I dont think so, but thats the gist of it all, I'm not hurting as much as I was a few months ago, those where dark days, I was new to the area, bad credit, did not know my way around, funny the things we can do when pressed...

J
J
H-man
keep to your plan of action.. what ever you decide..

calmly tell her that a guilty woman would act defiant and demand you "prove" her guilt..just like she is doing now...

an innocent woman would be hurt by your accusations and jump at the chance to explain exactly what was in the video..instead of disclaimning the quality of the recordings.. what does she say was going on ??? in your video or tape recording.. who was the guy???
IF it was innocent she would be quick to explain it...
people with nothing to hide..hide nothing
jerseyboy

C
C
I'm confused. She blocked the camera so he could get past the camera without being seen on film? So she knew you had installed a camera to film her having an affair? That's twisted to begin with - first you installing it, second her knowing you installed it, and then her bringing someone home anyway, when she knew you'd be filming?

If that's what you're saying, all I can think is you're better off without someone that dumb!

H
OP Offline
H
Yes, she stood in front of the camera so he could get past it.
On another occasion he was taking a shower while she was on the computer, like he lived there.

At first when I confronted her, she wanted to see what I had on film, when she saw it, just shadows and ambient noise, she felt confident that I had nothing, the firts words out of her mouth was I dont see anybody, not there has been nobody here, she, told me to be forgiving, and that her parents survived an affair and are still together.

She also bullied me at that time because I was a wreck and had nowhere to go, she never got emotional not one time, never defeneded her innocense, and when I confronted her she told him not to come by because I was recording and I was listening.

Now she wants to take a lie detector test, which I did not want to take , and she promptly accepted that offer.
I just cant reconcile what I have heard with what she is saying, and its hard to let go...

All i know is its not the same for me, the love and trust that I had for her is completely shattered.
I would gladly stay if she would have confessed it to me, but as yet she has said nothing.

So, this is truly a weird arrangement for me, yes she is a GASLIGHTER, all is OK in the world as long as it fits in her perspective, and I went along with it...

She knew how much I loved her, and took advantage if it.

H
OP Offline
H
Oh and I forgot, whenever I mention men's voices or running past camera or anything that proves someone has been there she clams up with nothing to say, she doesnt say that you dont hear anything , she looks at me with no response..

Sad, very , very sad

H
OP Offline
H
Hello
I have moved out of the house and into my own place, hardest thing to do considering the situation, of course she still holds onto her faithfulness, we chose to forgo the Lie Detector test, since moving I didnt have the money to do it, of course she offered no resistance,loves to do things that she thinks will prove her innocent, or to bring up into my face later on.
She spoke to a lawyer, he is the step dad of her daughters boyfriend.
Anyway she threatened me with legal action should the marriage not work out, she said that she had to know what her legal course of action would be against me.

She let him listen to the audio, or so she said, and said that he could not hear anything of consequence, of course, I play the audio through my sound software that enhances the lows and inaudible sounds, and I can point out places that she would whisper, or little actions that I know dont belong, like the toilet seat going down, or her cursing, or his voice because they knew I was recording so she worked around that knowledge while carrying on her affair, I cant beleive this happening.

With that what do I have to be on the lookout for from her, looks as if she wants to fight this so she can maintain her image of the good wife, I dont care about that anymore, I dont even care what her parents think anymore I just want closure and to move on with my life you know, I'm very upset and disgusted with this whole situation.

At least I moved out, she tells me she wants me to come home and that she wants to go to counciling now, and that I should stop being so selfish and accusing her of something that she didnt do.
I need to clean up this audio if I'm going to go to court, I need it to be as clear as it can get, marraiages arentsuppoed to nuke out like this, but ten I look at how this place is so busy and realize I'm not alone...

Any suggestions, insight, experience I'm open
Thanks

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 258 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation