Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2044331 04/19/08 12:04 PM
F
Faith1 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Yep, I'm getting married cool

I actually dropped in today to add a photo to the MB Album, and it's been a WHILE since I've been around. Everything LOOKS different, and things have changed for sure in my life, and around here too!!!

So, I figured I owed you guys an update!

Some of you will remember the guy I dated for a couple of years, then we called it quits, and I dated some other men for a couple of years.

Our main issues were his teenagers, and my (our) inability to put things together. He started dating me too soon after the death of his wife, and he needed some time to get things straight on his home-front.

The time apart did us both some good. We were apart for a few months, on our own (no contact), then we found ourselves working on a very good friendship. We started attending bible studies together, and spending occasional time as friends only, and he supported me through some difficult family times while we moved my Dad here from out of town due to health issues, etc etc. We also continued dating others occasionally during this time.

He became stronger during that time, the kids became more adjusted, (as well as got older - they just turned 20 and 18 now... they were 14 and 12 when we first met), and we made our friendship stronger.

So... in December I started thinking that we could actually, possibly, be married.... maybe. So we started talking and thinking.

In February, we made the commmitment and became engaged.

We are getting married Sept 26 smile. (This year) We are very excited! His kids are on board - they wanted to be there for the "ring" presentation, and things are going smoothly.

We are having a small, family-only ceremony, at church, outdoors at sunset smirk and a bit larger reception to include friends... and leaving the next day for a 5-day cruise grin grin grin

So, there's the scoop!
How are y'all doin? laugh

M
M
Congratulations, that is so wonderful!

I am happy and jealous and envious and then again not! LOL (well, happy, yes, but I will teeter on the jealous/envious part..)

It is always nice to hear about a happy ending.

I will have one of those one day too...

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

A
A
Oh I'm so happy for you!! Good things happen to good people!! You're an inspiration for the rest of us!!

Post pictures after the blessed event!

Hugs
Ronda

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy and excited for you!

R
RMW Offline
R
Congratulations!! U go girl! Im glad things are finally working out for the two of you! I'll finally be graduating from massage school the middle of next month myself. Then the scary part of the National Boards and getting my license comes next.

My ex keeps coming back to me as a friend because I "know" him,(even after I broke it off March 07), but I told him he had to go get help with his problems. I did with mine and it has done wonders! At least this time I did let him know I wasn't mad (never acted that way) just let him know I was tired of games, that he got dealt the hand he chose. And told him next time things go sour for him just remember he CHOSE.

Keep it up! We are all proud for you!!!!!!!

RMW

D
D
How awesome!!!!! Faith!!!! Congrats to you!!!

May the Lord bless and keep you both as well as your families in His care!!!

Glad to see that you had patience as well as time to find happiness!!!

BS 49
Divorced 10 yrs/married 21 yrs
Life is good and I am happy!
Engaged to be married on the 4th of August 2012!
30yoS&DIL & 2 gson/27yoD-Divorced & 3 gson/21yoD
D
D
Congratulations Faith!!

DW--BW....separated/divorced since 2003
Re-married 7/09!
F
Faith1 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thank you all for your support smile.

Recovery from my first marriage has been a long road, and I couldn't have done it without this wonderful place.

Yes, there is hope for the "divorced and dating" LOL, and patience and forgiveness (of self and each other) has been a big part of it. We have both grown and learned a lot the past few years, and will continue to do so.

I will definitely check in from time to time (we want to stay plugged in to the MB principles!!! and stay in touch with you fine folks!), and will post wedding pictures.

hugs,
Faith1

E
E
Faith---

I very, very rarely make it to the MB board and not sure what caused me to stop by today.

It's been so long since I visited and longer still since I posted (had to dig around for my password and I consider that a good thing) wink

Anyways not sure who if any remember me here but I do remember us being here at the same time and I just wanted to add my congrats as well. I know what a hard road that is to travel.

BTW: I am also engaged...been with my fiance now for about four years and we got engaged last year. We are planning to get married next Feb or March.

Always good to share a happy ending.

My best

E

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be. --From Desiderata, Written by Max Ehrmann (1927)
S
S
Way to go !!

Thanks for the update, and thanks for keeping up the album. We'll be looking for those photos.

Prayers continue......

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
R
R
Faith, this is such happy news!

May God bless both of you and your new families.

BTW could you let me have the link and password to THE MB photo thread/album? I can't find it here anymore.

I do not blame the xwh for his affairs and abandoning our marriage. He fulfills 90% of the Cleckley Criteria

I forgive him for his insanity and I forgive myself for being gullible to his charms.
A
A
MB Photos

Password is Harley

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
R
R
Sorry... what do I hv to do to view the photos.. do I type in an ID?

I do not blame the xwh for his affairs and abandoning our marriage. He fulfills 90% of the Cleckley Criteria

I forgive him for his insanity and I forgive myself for being gullible to his charms.
A
A
omgosh i'm sorry.

user name is faith1again

password is Harley (with a capital H)

Me, 43
DS18, DD12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 335 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation