Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2044517 04/19/08 10:38 PM
K
OP Offline
K
I started a thread a day or two ago, and can't find it. I didn't get a notice or anything,and the last time I checked there were no arguments there, but now it's just apparently gone POOF. Does anyone know what happened?

B
B
The Moderating staff found it necessary to remove the thread alltogether.

Unfortunately it escalated into harrassment and attacks, moreso after it was moved to the "Other Topics" board.

Berlin

Berlin
MBDB Moderator - To Protect & Serve

Berlin_MB@hotmail.com
Berlin #2044520 04/19/08 10:44 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Thanks for replying. I checked it at some point this afternoon, and it was friendly at the time. That must have happened fast!
May I ask why those who were attacking and harrassing could not have had their posts removed, rather than remove the whole thing?

Q
Q
*edit* praising the new mod staff for the new safe environment *edit*

Please become familiar with the basic concepts of MARRIAGE BUILDERS
Basic Concepts Link

Thank you

c00per

Last edited by c00per; 04/19/08 11:04 PM.
QHSE #2044528 04/19/08 11:01 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by QHSE
*edit* praising the new mod staff for the new safe environment *edit*

Actually, I'm afraid the board is now closer to being like another infidelity board. I personally loved the fact that Marriagebuilders was unique in its stand for accountability.

Last edited by c00per; 04/19/08 11:05 PM.
QHSE #2044530 04/19/08 11:02 PM
M
M
the new safe environment

Safe for who?

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
QHSE #2044532 04/19/08 11:06 PM
B
B
Are you trying to stir it up again QHSE?

What would be your previous posting name?

ba109
Q
Q
Originally Posted by keepitreal
Actually, I'm afraid the board is now closer to being like another infidelity board.

It is much closer to safe havens like ****edit**** and that is a good thing. ****edit**** does not condemn anyone. ****edit****.

****edit**** That change has not gone unnoticed by those of us who are mired in infidelity and need support. I see MB changing into a safe haven for everyone.

Last edited by Berlin; 04/19/08 11:21 PM. Reason: COC violation
QHSE #2044539 04/19/08 11:18 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by QHSE
Originally Posted by keepitreal
Actually, I'm afraid the board is now closer to being like another infidelity board.

*edit*

If you like ****edit**** so much, why not just get your support there, then? MB was completely different, thus there were two kinds of advice for people to choose from. Now the choices are fewer. That does not seem like progress.

Last edited by Berlin; 04/19/08 11:32 PM.
M
M
Q

Being that you're new maybe you should get a break...or maybe not. Your comparison of this board to "others" is offensive to many. A large number of generous, caring individuals have spent many hours battling the destructive bahaviors of people, the very same behaviors that are accepted (and encouraged) on those boards. Behaviors that come with horrific consequences...life altering.

And then you proceed to bash one of the wisest individuals on this board?

Where do you get off?

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
L
L
I'm all for maintaining civil discussion, but...

In a fit of unexplainable masochism, I lurked briefly over on that "other board" just to see how "safe" it was for BS's and was astounded at how quickly the voice of dissention (or morality or reason, call it what you will) was stifled and eradicated. That's safe?

I may rankle at times at MEDC's "straight talk", or chuckle at Melodylane's big-haired Texan fervor (where is she, bless her heart), but the bottom line is, without those few who fearlessly call a spade a spade (at least in their "humble" opinions wink ) this board has lost a considerable amount of it's attractive punch.

I have dedicated my adult life to supporting our American way of life, to include freedom of speech - for ALL. I may not agree with some of what is said here, but I have sworn to defend to the death their right to voice their opinions.

I'm all for shades of grey (even Technicolor!) in many things, but I think most agree that the very concept of marriage, no matter what your religious, spiritual or cultural beliefs may be, demands mutual respect, understanding and, most importantly, exclusivity!

That's why this site exists...to protect, support and build marriages!

I'm all for WS's coming here in an effort to try to understand their actions...with the eventual goal of earning an "F" to prepend their title.

I say bring 'em on!

In my eyes, they provide the perfect opportunity for BSs to practice not lovebusting, to practice avoiding DJs, to be aware of, and stop AOs, etc.

As for "safe"?...Give me an effing break!!

Today's society has become so completely afraid of constructive dissent that looking at someone cross-eyed has damn near become a crime.

If someone chooses to screw around on their mate and then come crawling here for "support" for doing so, they sure as shootin had better be prepared to be told their moral compass is busted...followed by some tough and clear advice about how to fix it.

As for spending "too much time" here? Who, pray tell are the "quality of life police" that are making that judgment? Everyone has different needs. In my case, I'm neck-deep in a near Plan B/D, and sometimes need to spend a good deal of time here.

Those in recovery have a thread for that purpose...those working to improve a marriage that has not been marred by infidelity have a number of great forums to help build their marriages!

To each their own.

That's why I like this site!

L2F out...

If God is a DJ, life is a dance floor, you get what you're given, it's all how you use it... Pink
Q
Q
Michele, I didn't mean to offend anyone by comparing the new improved Marriage Builders to other infidelity boards. That was supposed to be a compliment. I have great admiration for other infidelity boards and always felt like MB, with the exception of your welcoming, open minded emotional needs section, was lacking. The atmosphere was intolerant and harsh, as Ozdreamer stated. This was not an inviting place. People like me did not feel safe there.

Jayne even made the point that many of the posts on GQII were counterproductive.

****edit****

Last edited by Berlin; 04/19/08 11:48 PM. Reason: COC violation
Q
Q
Originally Posted by Learning2Fly
As for spending "too much time" here? Who, pray tell are the "quality of life police" that are making that judgment? Everyone has different needs. In my case, I'm neck-deep in a near Plan B/D, and sometimes need to spend a good deal of time here.

QHSE,

8 posts and you've already been editted numerous times.

Do NOT ignore the warnings by cOOper & Berlin.

And consider THIS a final warning.

JustUss

Last edited by JustUss; 04/20/08 12:16 AM. Reason: WARNING
R
R
AMEN, L2F!!!

*standing ovation!*

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
QHSE #2044645 04/20/08 09:22 AM
B
B
8 posts and you've already been editted numerous times.

I don't think Q is new to the board. The name change makes it more fun to ruffle feathers is all.

ba109
ba109 #2044812 04/20/08 05:53 PM
H
H

I've said it before - Tolerance! Such a prized virtue! A new age sign of sophistication! sick sick

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
M
M
Cooper/Justuss

Thank you for handling this poster. Obviously an agenda exists here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation