Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 52 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 51 52
C
OP Offline
C
BC! *fish! pomd! and as always SL!

Here I thought my thread was pinchers-up! Thanks for stopping by!

fish! What Toys are you talking about?

My Job Is

Keeping Faces Clean

and Nobody Knows

De Stubble

I've Seen

Burma Shave

Last edited by chrisner; 03/28/08 03:48 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
lovin this spoiler

New tools are FUN

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
The Burma Shave was pretty funny.

I almost posted to SL on forgiveness this morning but didn't really have time. Is that the thread you're talking about, or is there some other one I'm also missing?

Last edited by sdguy038; 03/28/08 04:13 PM. Reason: so that I don't appear illiterate
S
S
I love that you can edit and then give a reason for it.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 03/28/08 04:18 PM. Reason: just 'cause I wanna

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
No, it is the thread titled Forgiveness started by MEDC. There have been a few real pearls in it.

Edit Reason: so that I don't appear illiterate

I will keep your secret.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/28/08 04:21 PM. Reason: To comment on SD's Illiterate Edit

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
Yeah, I think I'm going to have fun with that reason for edit thing.

MEDC usually rubs me the wrong way, but I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Last edited by sdguy038; 03/28/08 04:28 PM. Reason: because I'm trying to start a trend
S
S
wtwsghshsalas

the above is Dylan typing to say how much he loves and appreciates his mom.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 03/28/08 04:50 PM. Reason: Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
.ukwgegf/oih q3oihfoiq3hf

Back to Dylan.

I appreciate his mother too!

Last edited by chrisner; 03/28/08 04:53 PM. Reason: A Moose Once Bit My Sister

S
S
Wow! What a nice thing to say!

Last edited by silentlucidity; 03/28/08 04:56 PM. Reason: No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
Dylan said it first.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/28/08 05:10 PM. Reason: those resposible for the edit reason button have been sacked

S
S
He IS great, eh!

Last edited by silentlucidity; 03/28/08 05:14 PM. Reason: those responsible for sacking the edit reason button people have been sacked

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
Are you okay? You turned green.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/28/08 05:17 PM. Reason: I think we need llamas

S
S
my tummy hurt for a moment there; probably the soup I had for lunch, or maybe the sushi :eek:

Last edited by silentlucidity; 03/28/08 05:20 PM. Reason: WONDER LLAMAs

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
P
P
Chrisner,

Would you mind easing my paranoia? Have we exchanged emails offline recenlty?

Just want to make sure it's you and not anyone in a cow suit trying to sneak into the MB compound. smile

How are things going with your new lady friend?

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
C
OP Offline
C
Hey Pop’o’3!

Yep, Friday April 11th at 3:19 PM

All goes very well here.

DD20 is doing great and seems pretty happy right now. I only get to see her about once a week now but that’s the way it goes. She is always up for a free dinner.

I hear I will get a call this week to interview for the girl’s head coach spot at the high school near my house. I guess we will see. Otherwise I am just doing some off-season stuff with my boy’s team and a spring league with a combined group of high school girls. They are 5-0 in the upper division league running the offense my boys ran last season. What fun!

DGS is doing well. She actually got me on the dance floor (a pretty good oldies rock band) a couple weeks ago and no one was injured! Our walks are starting to more resemble hikes now in the 6-7 mile range. That’s been fun. We have been going to a place up in Fort Collins with a real good jazz trio every few weeks.

I put in two new gardens this weekend (groundwork only, it’s too early here to plant) and started a flagstone patio extension to my pond. I will have to borrow DGS’s DS16 sometime soon when I am laying the large flagstone pieces.

The divorce was final 10 months on Sunday. No contact with Wayzilla for 9-1/2 months. DD says she is talking about tattoos again. Oy! DD has only seen her Mom 3-times since Christmas for less than 2 total hours.

The adultery is right around 2-years for the EA so the countdown is on. It was right around this time two years ago she started to withdrawal from me (I thought it was just work) and would later say (Thanksgiving D-Day) she had been unhappy for years. My 27th anniversary would have been May 8th.

Last edited by chrisner; 04/14/08 12:43 PM. Reason: If the pilot's good, see, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... oh you oughta see it sometime. It's a sight. A big plane like a '52... varrrooom! Its jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard!

P
P
Chris,

Tell me if this sounds crazy to you:

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that your W might show up at your door one day, looking dishevelled and ragged, with a story of being imprisoned in a dungeon for the last two years and only then you learn that you've actually been dealing with her evil twin sister this whole time?

Am I the only one who finds such a thought more believable than the craziness we've been subjected to this whole time?

I hear you on anniversaries. I'm actually very pleased that the date for what would have been our 6th anniversary passed and I didn't notice it until much later. It's progress.

I'm glad to know that there are no people dressed as cows named "chrisner" and trying to sneak into my compound. Where is Val Kilmer when you need him?

Great reason for your edit, BTW. That movie was a favorite with aircrew. What's funny is that I remember going through our survival gear and bailout equipment that we were given for our tanker missions and thinking of the scene in that movie where he was going through the stuff in their gear.

Ever see Band of Brothers? I constantly bugged my AC (Aircraft Commander who happened to be one of the most kick a** women I've ever met) if "tonight is the night of nights?" when we were waiting for the war to kick off.

I just recently bumped into a pilot who works on the Joint Staff and it turns out that there is a good chance I refueled him back in '03 when he was flying into Northern Iraq.

We got silly toward the end of the war when "Major Combat opperations were over" and would clear our receivers into contact by saying, "Cleared to contact right meow."

Our last Navy receiver had a "message to relay" and stated, "Message as follows: Mike, echo, oscar, whiskey" as he left to return to the carrier.

In our mission room where the missions were planed, we had a "big board".

Office Space was a popular one to quote all the time as well when someone would mess something up and talk about how "they didn't get the memo".

Glad to know DD is doing well.

Wayzilla is still nuts. I tell ya, nothing looks more attractive on a woman than a big old tattoo of something, especially if it's an older woman.

Makes me think of the creepy old guy or woman who hangs out at dance clubs. Yikes! crazy

How are things with your lady friend?

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
C
OP Offline
C
I had my interview on Friday afternoon for the girl’s varsity head coach at the high school where DD20 attended and played (they got to the State Elite 8 in her junior year). They had the AD, the Principal, the softball head coach, a player and a parent on the hiring committee. They had narrowed their list down to four candidates to interview and we all were there Friday afternoon. Considering my relative experience I figured I had to hit a solid home run to get considered. When I left it felt more like a double.

But I did my best and felt I got out my most important points about why I should get the job. I went right from the interview to go meet up with DGS to listen to some live music and have dinner. On the way to DGS’s the AD called me and offered me the job. I accepted. What was I thinking? Well I guess it’s going to be another full plate of post adultery/divorce basketball therapy. I have already started getting my spring open gym time going and finding some summer team camp opportunities. I am going to miss that jugheaded bunch of boys I coached last year though.

DD is doing great. She has been seeing the same kid for a few weeks now so that has to be a record. I saw her yesterday and she said she told him he would never meet her mother. She told me the last couple guys she took to dinner to meet Wayzilla got creeped out by the way she acted and how she would occasionally reach across the table and touch their hands. This was news to me. That is creepy. Creepy and gross. Sick, creepy and gross. What did she become?

So, the divorce has been final for 10-1/2 months and we are doing great just like that famous MBer betrayednostradamus said we would.

Cheers to all my MB friends.

Last edited by chrisner; 04/21/08 01:19 PM. Reason: Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigsh*t. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?

P
P
Congratulations on the new job Coach!

Wow, what does that say about Wayzilla that her daughter doesn't want her NEAR her boyfriends. Yuck. Sounds like that kid of yours has got a great head on her shoulders.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Do you think Wayzilla has any clue as to how her own daughter feels about her?

Has your daughter ever expressed anything to her about how she feels?

Last edited by pomdbd3; 04/21/08 01:37 PM. Reason: I felt a tremor in the force!

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

Never going to happen.

S
S
Sounds like WZ is afraid of grower older to me, with the touchy feely stuff, and the tats and the dancing on bars and whateverfillintheblankedness. EWWWWWWW. I fully understand why DD would want that waaaaay far away from her boyfriends, and not to have WZ's behavior reflect, in any way, back onto DD. YUCKH!

You sound pretty busy, there, Chrisner. I suppose that's a good thing. I'm tired just thinking about the rest of my day. Whew!

PWC has pink eye (I know because he stopped by to fix the internet issue yesterday). After all the dead eyed looks I got the last year, I think his eyes are starting a revolution against him! I kid, it's just conjunctivitis, prolly from DS's pillow or a doorknob, or some new OW (not that there is a poor pathetic soul in that position, YET), or whatever. Maybe it's a tiny matchbox Karma bus.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 04/21/08 02:06 PM. Reason: THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!!

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Page 24 of 52 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation