Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 100 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 99 100
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Always listen when a princess speaks. That is today's lesson.

Mom, if you outlast the kids tonight, could you pretty please email my story to me? From my desktop, open the folder with my name in it, then the folder that says SC, and it is the Word document called Amber. Thank you. laugh

Almost into Wyoming - just a couple more miles.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Of COURSE I outlasted the kids. "Stamina" is my middle name! laugh That doesn't turn me into a techno-whiz, though, but I'll try it anyway, since it's for you.

tl

P.S. Wyoming is such a pretty state. Too bad you're traveling it at night. That's what happened when I drove with Flard from MN a few years back. I was so looking forward to WY and we did the whole thing in the dark. Hit Nevada at sunrise. mad

M
M
TL:

I didn't read YOUR STORY. I think I got the GIST of it from your post...

I know you didn't mean to give me the creeps...

It's MY issues...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
L
L
Mimi, I should tell you that IRL, I'm pretty reserved and don't make friends easily. When I do actually become real friends with someone, the friendship is an enduring one.

So, reaching out via the internet HAS been a stretch of my comfort zone; but, I think I was able to do it because I have met so many people with the same interests as I have. That's not so easy IRL, I think, as we're pretty much limited to the people in our localities.

On the internet, it is pretty easy to be close friends with someone without their having to even know your name. You've been a very good friend to many here...sharing and caring and trying to help them. That's all I really need to know about someone.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
T
T
Probably just as well. When I was telling it, it seemed like the whole MB world was reading the blasted thing. The intoxication of actually being listened to surely produced more frankness than I ever intended at the start. blush

But this is how I operate: While I'm struggling with something, spiritual or otherwise, I try to be very internalized and contained, although if it's bad enough some of it will spill out. I wrestle with it pretty much alone, and usually without telling anyone how deep my struggle is, or how bad I feel. Once it's over and I believe I've reached a solution, I talk about anything with anybody if I think what I've suffered, endured, discovered, learned, etc., can help them lighten their own burden and make the way easier for them. Why should I be the only one to profit from the valuable life lessons of all my stupid mistakes? grin

tl

L
L
T&L, I don't think that I've ever told you this, but I could identify with some of your issues, and your telling of them helped me to understand that I was NOT THE ONLY ONE!

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
T
T
I'm glad, LC. I think in some ways our lives were conjoined twins separated at birth! crazy

tl

M
M
You've been a very good friend to many here...sharing and caring and trying to help them. That's all I really need to know about someone.

Thanks so much, LC. I really, really appreciate your kindness in saying this.

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
L
L
Just being honest, Mimi! grin

M
M
Neak!
I hope you waved when you went by my house! (I live in Wyoming).
If it was dark I was probably in bed...I do as the chickens do.
But you can honk if it's dark when you're going through!

We have big trucks too but we don't do OTR driving. We do oil/gas field driving. I don't drive. I don't even like to ride in them big trucks! It scares the crap out of me!

If you are still in Wyoming, I'm the one with the curly hair out beating up the snow banks with a shovel so it will go away!! Argghh! I might rototill my greenhouse so I can plant this weekend. I want some of neaksis's plants. I'm ready to start growing something!

T
T
I remember traveling somewhere once--don't know where, or when, or why, just that I was traveling--and I met a cowboy from Wyoming who was just returning to high snow banks and freezing weather while I was going back to California and spring in full bloom. B-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r. Remind me again, girls, why we're moving back to the midWest? And why was it my parents ever left Hawaii and the tropical breezes and warm sunshine?

My feet are cold this morning as I sit here with my warm socks and bathrobe covering me. People in WI and WY are probably out in their shirtsleeves enjoying the end of winter. Living in CA can turn you into SUCH a weather sissy!

tl

M
M
Remind me again, girls, why we're moving back to the midWest?

Because it's bootiful? I don't know, I wonder a lot about our choice to live here too!

Soon it will be summer and it doesn't get any better than here in the summer! And, we have a summer business and this year we won't be near as busy so I will get to enjoy my summer instead of working my hiney off! Can't wait!

I can see over half of my yard right now and it is melting quickly. The snow banks and drifts will be here awhile but that's just the way it goes. I'll just mow around them! smirk

T
T
I just spoke to Neak. She's somewhere between Laramie and Cheyenne, and honked the horn for you about 10 minutes ago. Did'ja hear it? laugh

tl

M
M
I thought I heard something...kewl!
(Actually, I'm a long way from there but thanks for the honk!)

S
S
M&L,
I have not seen a post lately on how YOU are doing.
Your kids would be mostly grown now, and I hope they are doing well. I wonder how things worked out between you and H.

Is he still bringing hitch hikers home?

Have the two of you ever gotten MB principals to work for you. I suppose I mean did he ever become a convert, and starting protecting you, and caring for you the way you need and want?

You seem centered, and reading your comments it looks like you are doing quite well, but I had to ask.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
Lady C,
I always admired you for trying so hard to make it work. Thanks for the update, and I hope the family are all doing well too.

Does your H get it yet? Is it time to change your name?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
T&L said:
But this is how I operate: While I'm struggling with something, spiritual or otherwise, I try to be very internalized and contained, although if it's bad enough some of it will spill out. I wrestle with it pretty much alone, and usually without telling anyone how deep my struggle is, or how bad I feel.

I wondered why you were so BLASTED QUIET sometimes. Makes sense now.

Clams.......... how to get through to em.......

SS

S
S
Did he get it from her, or did she get it from him?

Questions, Questions......

SS

S
S
Neaksis,
Thanks for the info on the plants. Did you forgive Neak for the damage yet?

My kids built me a green house for Christmas this year. I am remodeling it a little (adding a fan to vent the heat, and a light, and making a base for it in the yard) before I start using it.

I want to know a lot more. Like what you plant the seeds in (meaning what kind of containers,) and what kind of potting soil you use (or do you even use it?) and everything. Do you shade the seedlings while they are small?

How in the world did you decide to start doing this?

I can think of about 500 more questions, but this is a start.

CC, Still waiting to hear how the new job is going. Are you OK?

Neak and AJ......... safe journey.

SS

S
S
Oh,
I forgot to write to Mimi.......

Hi Mimi !!

You sound well, and happy. I hope you really are. I have no reason to doubt, so I'll go on believing you are OK unless you tell me differently.

Thanks for all the help you give here. I think you do more good than you realize.

Hi Cinderella !!
Have a nice work week, and a better weekend.

AW,
My daughter's husband's sister's husband just got back this week. We haven't seen him yet, he and his wife seem busy, and they haven't started socializing at this point. It's always good when they come home safely. We'll be glad when yours are back. In the mean time, we hope you are happy and well. In all the ways you need to be. Hug Mikey for me. I love kids.

SS

Last edited by still seeking; 04/23/08 02:45 PM.

Page 7 of 100 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation