Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 100 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 99 100
M
M
WOW, RELLA...

You had such a FUN EVENING!!

Mine was soooo BORING compared to yours...

You seem to be leading such a GREAT LIFE !!

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Rella...what you did is awesome!
A few weeks ago my DS18 had 3 other couples here for the before prom activities. I don't know if other places do this, but around here (a very small town) they have all-day dates. They plan activities most of or all day and then get dressed up and go to the prom. It is soooo fun! They do really fun and creative things to ask each other too....some publicly, most of the time it is a matter of solving a mystery from the clues given by the asker.
Anyway, I felt real good that my son was comfortable enough to have his friends over for part of their date. (My son even had lots of time betweeen dinner and the start of the dance, so they came back here and played WII in their formals!)

Last night this same son had 2 friends over and my other DS21 was here and they played rock band. I fixed dinner and they all ate with us (again, this has been going on for a few months now)and I was happy that they were content to be here and not feel like they have to be out running the streets.

We left them all here while H and I went to a concert. It was at the local bar and it was HIGHWAY 101!! Right here in hooter-ville!
I'm telling you this is a town of a few thousand and we had them here!! It was soo awesome! It was not crowded and it was all sit down....quite intimate setting for a big name band. I am in total amazement still! WOW! There was no drinking or smoking allowed while the concert was going on. We had a great time!

I'm usually the boring one MIMI, but not last night!! We had fun!

A
A
Rella glad you had a great evening and treasure every moment they let you share... the boys especially grow up so fast. JJ just a little over 3 years ago was in school .. now he's deployed. It seems strange to have a toddler and grown kids too. lol I try hide not to over mother Mikey. crazy I can teach anyone to over mother blush

Mimi you must go out to concerts with some girls or something.. I do that with Aussies away. Ballet, opera whatever I like... or more likely what I can afford laugh $250 per ticket gives me heartburn.

hey guess what? Its 12.22am here so it's now officially AUSSIES BIRTHDAY woo who !!! Happy Birthday my darling ........ wherever you are grin

I don't care what they say ... you don't look a day over 45 .. oh thats right you are't 40 yet ooops' blush laugh

Neak and TL I don't think there's any need to tell him about that age thing now is there? no thought not cool
Keep safe driving HRH laugh grin

SS hows all the family? loved the photo's of your camping! I could almost agree to go again ... almost ... my ideas of camping these days is a 3 star hotel rather than a 5 star one... at least a caravan park at the worst lol ... with air cond
ok so I AM spoiled lol

I think I have some washing to do for work tomorrow .... I dislike washing... ironing... house work... I do like sharing though ..... anyone want to come around?

whats with the silence? I'll make you a cheese cake and coffee and tea smirk

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
I have had a busy, tiring weekend. I'me gonna hit the sack. 'Night all!

D
D
Try SplashBack, guys.

It is SO

Much!

FUN!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Try SplashBack, guys.

It is SO

Much!

FUN!

ANOTHER JUNKIE !!

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
D
D
Originally Posted by mimi_here
Try SplashBack, guys.

It is SO

Much!

FUN!

ANOTHER JUNKIE !!

Not just a Junkie, I'm a pusher too.

Ask TT.

I got her hooked on Big Tut.

I love that game!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
So SplashBack is a game? I thought maybe it was a waterpark.

I have more than 100 lives in Tumblebugs. cool

We're in Vegas right now, just finishing up our DOT inspection, which is like a colonoscopy for trucking. The inspector is very nice, and even helped us complete a few things that weren't quite up to par. Mostly we were in good shape, though.

Not done telling about the farm by any means, but just wanted to share a couple of Cousin Charlie's fit-for-public-consumption malapropisms.

1. He had a bout with prostrate cancer.

2. Upon hearing about the swelling and tenderness in his right breast, medical personnel wanted to do a "man-o-gram".

grin

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
I have more than 100 lives in Tumblebugs.

WHAT??

You must be listening to CC's Buddhist Monk instead of SERMONS..

Mimi, who is verrrry aggravated with TUMBLEBUGS... mad

D
D
Splashback
LOVE IT.

Could play it till the world looks level.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Deal..YOU PUSHER YOU...

D
D
I can't seem to get past level 32...ARGH!

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
Well, Neaksis and I have driven The Tractor. Does that make us Goddesses, or Farmeresses? crazy

tl

S
S
Well, Neaksis and I have driven The Tractor. Does that make us Goddesses, or Farmeresses?

I think it makes you........

Are you ready for this? .............

I think it makes you...

TRACTOR DRIVERS.

Now you have to tell us more about the experience.

Did you drive it just to drive it, or what were you doing?

I expect Neaksis to tell here side too.

And in fact, she never did answer my other questions. It would be so nice if she could help me out that way.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
T
T
I was sitting in the tractor seat reading a book because I tried to sit on the grass in the shade and it was itchy. (Neaksis and all 5 kids were working in the "garden" HP plowed up with his new toy.) HP came over to the tractor where I was very happily entertaining myself with a good story, put the key in the ignition and turned the tractor on. I figured it was easier to drive it than to argue for my contentment with what I was doing! crazy I don't think I've driven a tractor since I was 14 years old visiting the farm on summer furlough from Hawaii. So it was an interesting flashback to a much younger era...

Once I drove it, then I made Tina drive it too. That was fairly amusing since she's unfamiliar with both tractors and stick shift. However, we are now officlal and ready to move to the REAL country instead of this pseudo California stuff we've been living on for the past 20 years.

I don't know what question you have that Neaksis didn't answer. I do know that her adopted daughter has come to a place in her counseling (with her absolutely wonderful counselor!!) where she is dealing directly with the issues of her molestation. In the long run, this will be beneficial for her. In the short run, it's hell on earth for Neaksis as she deals with regular meltdowns from a short-circuited little girl with images running through her mind that no one should have to visualize. She's got a hard row to how, Neaksis has, and there are no tractors for THIS kind of plowing.

tl

P.S. Neak and AJ drove through your town last night, but it was late and not a visiting time. (I would've called. Neak is polite!) Maybe they'll have better luck next time around. Goodness knows they're traversing the country with sufficient variety to make it there again!

S
S
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
I was sitting in the tractor seat reading a book because I tried to sit on the grass in the shade and it was itchy. (Neaksis and all 5 kids were working in the "garden" HP plowed up with his new toy.) HP came over to the tractor where I was very happily entertaining myself with a good story, put the key in the ignition and turned the tractor on. I figured it was easier to drive it than to argue for my contentment with what I was doing! crazy I don't think I've driven a tractor since I was 14 years old visiting the farm on summer furlough from Hawaii. So it was an interesting flashback to a much younger era...

I don't know HP well enough, but it sounds like he's trying to interact with you because he loves you.
Clams will sometimes use other methods than conversation.
(young school boys use all kinds of crazy stunts, and grown men sometimes are not any brighter.)

Flashbacks are cool......... you made me have one too.
Our area was mostly rural when I grew up. Most jobs were farm jobs. I drove tractor, and milked cows. Probably started plowing and disking when I was 14.

Once I drove it, then I made (Neaksis) drive it too. That was fairly amusing since she's unfamiliar with both tractors and stick shift. However, we are now offical and ready to move to the REAL country instead of this pseudo California stuff we've been living on for the past 20 years.

Does she wear an evil grin when she's driving tractor?
Maybe I have heard Neak tell too many stories?

I don't know what question you have that Neaksis didn't answer.

It was gardening stuff.

Originally Posted by SS and Neaksis
As to why I got started, farming is in my blood. Gardening is my hobby, my therapy, my obsession.

That made me laugh, but I understand. I have been growing a garden most of my life.

When I was a kid, it was against my will. Now I don't think I could stop if I wanted to.

I was wondering what got you started selling the small plants. It would be a big jump for me to go from my small garden to selling stuff to others.

Where do you get your seeds?
Do you just buy the little packets, or do you have a place to buy in bulk?

I have a bulk seed place that I buy from (online, but they are in my state.) It helps a lot if you plant very much stuff, but they don't have everything every year. It makes it a lot cheaper to do lots of carrots, and onions, and things that take lots of seed. It's pretty cheap for those kinds of seeds.

Those were my unanswered questions (with comments for clarity)

I do know that her adopted daughter has come to a place in her counseling (with her absolutely wonderful counselor!!) where she is dealing directly with the issues of her molestation. In the long run, this will be beneficial for her. In the short run, it's hell on earth for Neaksis as she deals with regular meltdowns from a short-circuited little girl with images running through her mind that no one should have to visualize. She's got a hard row to how, Neaksis has, and there are no tractors for THIS kind of plowing.

I think about that often. Not sure why, but it comes to mind, and prompts me to pray for you (all of you)

Perhaps God brings it to my mind because prayer works, and he wants you to have all the support you can get. I know there is nothing I can do directly........ and I realize the frustration I feel (not being able to help much) is nothing compared to what those of you who are close to the situation must be feeling.

I hope Neaksis knows that people care. I suspect she already knows that God is helping.

tl

P.S. Neak and AJ drove through your town last night, but it was late and not a visiting time. (I would've called. Neak is polite!) Maybe they'll have better luck next time around. Goodness knows they're traversing the country with sufficient variety to make it there again!

I saw she was in LV, and wondered if she had come this way. Of course your family is always welcome here - time doesn't matter. We have always told that to a select few friends and relations. All the regulars on this thread would be welcome.

We have three bathrooms and three showers, so there is almost always a shower free for weary travelers.

Our house is usually cluttered, but people with children can usually cope with that.

Perhaps even more important - we are only about two minutes off the interstate, and there is room to park a truck across the street from our house with no problem. (maybe three minutes, I haven't actually timed it)

T&L, I think the interchange you got off on was busy but the one north of town (exit 13) is rarely used, and is very easy to get on and off.

Hi all !!

SS

Last edited by still seeking; 04/28/08 06:03 PM.

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
M
M
Yep...HP liked seeing you on that tractor...in fact, he prolly LOVED seeing you on that tractor...

T
T
Well, I know he loved seeing me put my book down! grin

tl

M
M
Now you and your husband can play "TRACTOR"!!

M
M
He rides and then you ride and then you ride together..and on and on...

Page 11 of 100 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation