Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 100 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 99 100
T
T
blushblushblushblushblushblush

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Mom...lol about all the tractor haps and mishaps.

SS, AJ says you are our new best friend, and we will have to take you up on your thoughtful offer. (Rella can still be our old best friend. grin )

Kimmy, I'd have to try that fun game, except for one thing. I've been having so much trouble disciplining myself to start writing again, that for now I have banned myself from games. Already I am finished with one magazine article, and almost done with the next. (Working titles: "Joe's Story" and "Jennifer's Story" and you get only one guess what they are about.) In addition to trying to get the next book flowing. Still slogging through molasses on that one.

We're on our way to Irvine, and I wish we were staying long enough to meet some of our wonderful SoCal MBers.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
Neak:

I wish you could send me some of your TUMBLEBUGS LIVES...since you aren't putting them to good use...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
N
N
SS-

I don't buy any special kind of seed. I wait until Wal-mart has its $.10 a seed packet seeds and I load up on them. What I can't get from that I get from the $.30 a seed packet, and only when those options are exhausted do I buy the more expensive seeds. I had 100-150 different packets this year, but I didn't use all of them.

Since I somehow always end up with more plants than space, I decided to try selling the seedlings. I love to sell things, and it is fun to take $.10 and turn it into...well, more than $.10. With the cost of the watering and the soil, I doubt I turned a profit, but I have made back my costs and still have over $100 worth of plants for myself.

T
T
From my cousin re a funeral. It packed a real emotional wallop for me! tl

I'm heading for bed. I am totally drained emotionally. I went to Jonathan Frazier's funeral today. Josh worked with him as a Paramedic at Memorial, and then at Life Guard. He threw a pulmonary embolism at home on Friday and died. He was 27, had been in the National Guard, East Ridge Fire Dept, and then a Paramedic. He has a wife and a toddler.

This was truely the saddest funeral I have ever been at--even counting my parent's. I have to hand it to EMS. They went all out for him. The dedicated an ambulance to him and it was first in the procession and draped with black crepe. The brought in Paramedics from other cities to cover Chattanooga and all of Life Guard was there. There must have been 100 medics, East Ridge Firefighter, and some National Guardsmen. All of Life Guard had black material across their badges and every ambulance in the fleet has a black flag on it's antena. The funeral home didn't have any other service today, and there still wasn't enough room for everyone to sit.

When we left to drive to Hixson for the grave side service, there were 4 or 5 ambulances in the lead with their lights flashing, More brought up the rear. The procession was probably 2 miles long. There were police cars and fire dept vehicles blocking the intersections and standing outside of the vehicles with their hands over their hearts, or saluting. Josh drove the #3 ambulance. When the lead EMS vehicles got to the cemetary, they parked in the turn lane and all of those riding in them got out and stood in a line for the rest of the funeral procession to pass by. Then they formed a line at the grave site for the coffin to be carried through the middle of them. Carmen and I drove together, so we stood just behind Josh until the casket and family passed by, then we stood on each side of him.

There were men in Scotish kilts playing bagpipes and drums, and a bugeler to play taps. I counted 14 EMS vehicles from 4 different companies lining the road in front of the cemetary by the grave site. Of course they had the flag folding ceremony--very dignified. Erlanger sent our Helicopter to do a fly over and they were just barely above the tree tops and directly over the grave. Then the Life Guard Medics that had radios turned them up loud and did a radio check on the ambulances that were there, saving Jonathan's for last. They called his rig twice, and of course there was no answer. Then they said Paramedic Frazier, you are relieved of your duties and your job was well done. Rest in Peace. Josh was one of the ones with the Radios.

Carmen and I were bawling through the whole service and my son, who was friends with Jonathan, stood there stone faced and dignified, strong as a rock. I was so proud of him. This D boy is tougher than any D girl, and I knew he was hurting. He indulged Carmen and I by letting us hold his hands and hang on either side of him when we got the chance, which probably made it harder for him to be tough. He did it though and he was awesome. The whole service lasted 3 and 1/2 hours.

And through it all, I just kept thinking, thank God it's not my son. The funeral was beautiful and a wonderful tribute, but NOT for one of my children. I cannot imagine anything so terrible! My kids are my world and I love them so much. This just makes me even more aware of how very wonderful and precious they both are, and of how very, very proud I am of Heather and Josh.

So, tonight, everyone of you hug your babies and tell them that you love them--and then do it again!

I love you all!!!!

M
M
I looked up this thread first thing because I need your prayers.
Then I read the last post from t&l and I am bawling. But I need to.

My DS21 rolled his car in another town last night at 9:30. He has hurt his back and will miss his work today, maybe his whole 7 day shift. We are on our way to get him and I am so scared. He wouldn't go to the hospital last night, just wanted to sleep on it. Now he wants to go but has no car.

The night before we had been notified that a friends son (21) had been killed in wreck last wednesday. I am so thankful my son is alive!
Thank you GOD!

Thanks for listening.

C
C
MAL, I am so grateful that your son is ok. I know it must have been a scary experience for him. A car is just a bunch of metal, plastic, and glass. It is a thing. But, your son is so much more.

I will pray for his healing, his appropriate return to work, safe transportation, and for your friends who have lost their son.

I believe my 17 yo daughter is somewhat hesitant to get her learner's permit because she knows that, within 11 months, my cousin's only child was killed in an accident in which she was at fault and my daughter's friend was killed in a single car accident in which she was the driver. Driving is a dangerous thing no matter who does it or how good they are.

Please have him take care of his back. He only gets one of them and damage can be cumulative. That is why I see my chiropractor so often.

After my recent wreck (someone rear-ended me and totalled my car), I looked at my transportation needs and got a bigger, less efficient car because I needed reliable transportation. I did not need a sleek, sexy machine with lots of toys. I have a 17 year old and a 15 year old. I could have two young drivers. I wasn't investing a lot of money in a car for them to kill. I needed something I could pay cash for and not worry about.

T
T
Lots of medical professionals don't like chiropractors. I'm one nurse who LOVES them. I would be crippled today, after an accident with a drunk driver about 10 years back, if it weren't for the chiropractor who worked on my neck. If your son has no broken bones, ask for copies of the xrays (so he can be treated without a repeat series of films) and find a good chiropractor to deal with his pain. Doctors give you pain medicine. Chiropractors make the pain go away.

I'm glad your son is OK. Now you be OK, too!!

tl

M
M
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.
Cinderella, I read a part of your story about the accident, and remember when your niece was killed. I am so sorry for what you have been through.

T&L, I believe in the chiro too. I don't like pain meds, especially when ya don't get the problem fixed.

My H just left to go get him. It is a 2.5 hour drive and I think it will be the longest 2-3 hours of my life. Son didn't report the accident and the car is still where he left it. He was scared and probably a little shocky and someone stopped and gave him a ride back to his room. He didn't know he had to report it and now he is afraid to call because he doesn't want to get in trouble for leaving the scene. He's waiting for H to get there and that just isn't happening fast enough for me. This really stinks. It is a car he just bought friday. Out hot-rodding and rolled it. Thank God for seatbelts and airbags!!

I am so grateful that he is o.k. (Relatively speaking) and I know the car and stuff is just that! No worries about that. I just want him to learn a huge lesson from this and grow up! This kid is gonna do me in!

Thank you ! I need to talk and don't want to call anyone just yet..I don't want to get anyone alarmed (like my mom or MIL).This is helping me alot.

Th

T
T
I just want him to learn a huge lesson from this

Some people never get the chance. They get killed the first time around. I hope he's got the sense to appreciate the gift he was given. Until I had teenagers of my own, I never understood why my mother's hair turned completely white as I grew up!! (It was genetics--you didn't think I was going to blame me, now did you? crazygrin)

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
{{{{{{MaL}}}}}}}

He's going to be fine - the rest will take care of itself. You can't quote me on this, since I'm not a legal expert, but you would think that they would go pretty easy on a kid in a single car accident, who did not remove the vehicle from the scene, and was in shock anyway.

You're a good mom, and he is blessed to have you.

We're driving along the US/Mexican border. And woohoo, I got to sleep in till 0745!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
My mom told me, when mine were teenagers, that the hardest part is when they leave home. I thought "no way, not mine", because while they were in high school they did sooo well.
Then WAM. DD22 goes off to college, and what a ride! Hearing the cries and hard times and being so far from home...car trouble and all, can't be there. And then this boy of mine.
This is not the first time(incident). It is the worst one but there are a few close contenders in the last year. I told him last night he better have a chat with the man upstairs and tell him thanks. And then consider "why am I still here".

I talked to MIL, so now she will worry, but I needed to tell her. I feel better. I wasn't going to call her because I knew she would worry and she is not in good health. Then she called me! And she rarely calls me. So I thought I better just do it. ughhh.

If I didn't color my hair, I'm sure the gray would be over running all the rest!

M
M
Neak,
Thank you. I hope they go easy on him, but like I just told your mom, this is not his first run-in with the law in recent years. If they pull up his name they will probably see it all. This could be yukky for him, and while I realize he may need to go through it all to maybe turn it around, it is harder than hayul to go through.

M
M
My boys are 21 and 24 and, believe me, I can relate to EVERY BIT of YOUR PAIN...I think ADOLESCENCE has EXTENDED these days..

((((M&L)))Prayers going out to you...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Thank you Mimi!
It is sooo hard watching them go through this. My son is such a wonderful kid. He is a fun guy to be around, has a wonderful sense of humor and very well liked. He is just hell-bent on doing it his way right now.
H called about a half hour ago and was there with son. They are going to go look at it. Waiting for an update.
Tap, tap, tap, pace, pace, pace....ughh.
(I have a super dirty bathroom to clean that is keeping me occupied and the phone is ringing off the hook.)

H just now called...the car has been towed so they have to go track it down and go through the process. He said judging from the debris that is around, son is lucky to be alive!. And the distance it traveled, and how and where it hit. Airborn. It was a well built car but GOD has a purpose for this boy or he would be out of my care right now. Oh thank you, DEAR LORD.

C
C
Hopefully, he will recognize that he has been blessed with another chance.

T
T
My prayers with you all. It's been a long day (much longer than I expected for a short Day like me! grin) and the kids and I are off to Dreamland as soon as storytime is over.

tl

M
M
Thanks Cinderella and T&L,
They just got home about 1/2 hour ago.
Son got 3 tickets and feels pretty lucky. He got a Too fast for conditions, Littering (the car parts- which have been cleaned up) and Leaving the scene.
I saw pictures of the car and I can't believe he's alive. It is horrible. The car really held up well for the ride it took and all 8 air bags went off. It was as if God's hands were literally around them. It is definitely a miracle a person could live through that. And his passenger too. Oh Lord, it could have turned out so differently. I am still in shock and soo thankful.

Thanks for being here for me today! I really appreciate it.

Oh, and son is one humble puppy. He has a chiro appt. tomorrow. He thinks he feels good enough to go to work late tomorrow or friday.
I'm so glad to have him.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Please pray for each of our dear friends on this thread. And their families. Especially their families. Thank you.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
I loved reading Mimi's comments about tractor driving. I think I'll have my W read it.

Of course, I loved reading T&L's reply too.

Let's see.........

M&L, it looks like your son is going to be OK. All of us that have had children in intensive care from accidents can really identify with this. We have been praying right along, and continue to do so................ For all of you, and your families.

I read the funeral report (from T&L) with mixed feelings. I am sad for the family, and sad for those who will miss him. On the other hand, I know this life is not the end, but just the beginning. I glory in God's plan for us, that we continue on.. I know that he helps those who humbly seek him. He turns hardships into growing experiences, that make us stronger, and better for having lived through them. I wouldn't wish this kind of Loss on anyone, but I know good can come of it with God's help and blessings.

Neak Said:
SS, AJ says you are our new best friend, and we will have to take you up on your thoughtful offer. (Rella can still be our old best friend. )

Who could ever replace Cinderella? I wouldn't even attempt it.
We do hope that someday we can be of service though. I don't know how the timing works out, and I would guess from where you live, and knowing the main routes......... that you don't come this way very often. The offer is there, if you ever want to take us up on it. I would love to meet AJ. Of course Neak too.
If you'll drop the Dervish off on one of your passes, I'll teach him some of my own Dervish tricks from when I was small. I think I still remember a few of them.

Neaksis said:
I don't buy any special kind of seed. I wait until Wal-mart has its $.10 a seed packet seeds and I load up on them. What I can't get from that I get from the $.30 a seed packet, and only when those options are exhausted do I buy the more expensive seeds. I had 100-150 different packets this year, but I didn't use all of them.

Good grief........... 150 packets !!
My timing is not as good as yours. I get some on sale. but I often just go fine what I want, and pay the going price. .
I found a bulk seed place on line, and I get some things like onion, and carrot seeds from them. They also have some things that are hard to find locally.

As hot as it gets here, and as dry as it is, most things don't grow well. I marvel at the variety of things you can grow.

Since I somehow always end up with more plants than space, I decided to try selling the seedlings. I love to sell things, and it is fun to take $.10 and turn it into...well, more than $.10. With the cost of the watering and the soil, I doubt I turned a profit, but I have made back my costs and still have over $100 worth of plants for myself.

That is so cool.

If you want some boysenberry seedlings, have Neak and AJ stop. They take root all over the place wherever the vines hit the ground, so I am always digging them up from places they are not supposed to be and giving them away. . They take almost no care, grow well in hot or cold weather, and make wonderful jam, and cobbler. ( I think I sent some jam to your dad, you can ask him how it is.)

Thanks for the tips, I learned some things.

General Notice -
If my W gets hooked on Splashback, someone will be making me a lot of dinners.

Does anyone know how Lady C is?

CC is back to regular work by now?
How is it?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
Page 12 of 100 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation