Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2050529 05/01/08 12:24 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Last time I posted was back in July, when my WxH married the OW. They choose 7-7-7 because they think it would bring them luck. I don't know how their marriage is doing nor do I care anymore. It did hurt when they married, I think mostly because it seem the wrongs were being rewarded.

If you don't know my story, here it is and I will try to keep it short. The OW who was married was trying to seduce my WxH and succeed. My WH lost his job and I was forced to work two jobs, his self esteem was low since he was unable to provide and she used that to her advantage. She told him I was neglecting him and she could fulfilled the needs I wasn't filling and this is God's will. She waited til my busy season at work to use her tactics. She is very malipulative. When my WH told her he wasn't going to leave me unless I found out, she made sure I found out. Her Husband filed for divorce immediately, but me and Wh were trying to work things out but the OW was so persistent in getting my WH she wouldn't let us work on our marriage. She try to get me fired unsuccessfully from my job, try to cause friction with me and IL but failed, the only thing she did was manage to get my Wxh. When we separated she secretly had my Wh moved to Las Vegas (of course she came with him) and he filed for a Vegas Divorce. This was the only way, he would had to wait two years in the state of NJ since he didn't have any grounds. The OW lived in DE and was divorce within three months.

Here is the update: A couple of months after they married, the kids at work suggested I should get a Myspace account, I was reluctant, thinking I was 40, and this is a kids thing. Boy was I wrong. I gave in, opened an account and a couple weeks later, a classmate of mine from high school found me. He ask me out for a date, we haven't seen each other since we graduate high school in 1984. We use to hang out together but never dated. He joined the Marines, moved out state and got married. When we saw each other again after all those years, there was an instant connection. We talked for hours and to find out his XW ran off with another man while they were married. We understood each others pain. Also neither of us had children from our marriages. As many of you know my WXH was the only man I had sex with, but that night we did the deed, which shock me but as I said we had this awesome connection as soon as we saw each other. We been together ever since. Both of us are gun shy about getting married again but we are having the times of our lives. I never thought I could be this happy again and I realize how bless I am to have this wonderful man in my life. Many of you know, I am so close to my in-laws, they love me like their daughter and they are so happy for me and has welcome my new man into the family. What I understand my WXH is not happy about this, but I don't care, this is my life and my happiness and I have moved on.

So that is my update. I thought my world walked out on me and was doing everything in my power to save my marriage but couldn't when he moved thousands of miles away, but God had another plan for me and right now I couldn't be happier. It just took couple of years!

Btw-thanks to marriage builders and especially to Pep (who kept me on track) for helping during my darkess days, I couldn't had made without the support of this forum and this I truly grateful!

BS (Me)41
WH 41
D-day 1/7/04
H moved out 3/4/04
Served Vegas Divorce 7/19/04
D
D
Hopelessly,

It's nice to hear a good story!!!!

You are blessed!! Remind this special guy that everyday.

I pray that things will work out for you both.

Congratulations!!!!

Dawn

BS 49
Divorced 10 yrs/married 21 yrs
Life is good and I am happy!
Engaged to be married on the 4th of August 2012!
30yoS&DIL & 2 gson/27yoD-Divorced & 3 gson/21yoD
daybreak #2050635 05/01/08 04:00 PM
S
S
HD2,

Congratulations of finding your way. I too am dating someone I have known since the teenage years. We've always been friends, and lived in the same town. I think when you've been through the pain of infidelity, it is reassuring to know where someone came from. I introduced my curent BF to his very first GF and have known all of the serious ones since. If he had a history of cheating and lying, I would know it. Ex-H on the other hand cheated on every GF he ever had. I didn't meet him until he was over 30 so I wouldn't have known that. He only told me after he had the A.

I have a great BF, but that's only part of it. After the D., I started a new career, picked up some new hobbies and pretty much changed my focus.

Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't think to try MySpace...I'll have to tell my single friends about you.

starving #2050638 05/01/08 04:06 PM
M
M
what a nice story :-)

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation