Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2051175 05/02/08 04:29 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Now the story is making the rounds that baseball star Roger Clemens had a 10-year affair with country music singer Mindy McCready that began when she was 15, and he was the 28 year old married father of four. He claims it was not sexual, that they were just "close friends" who "vacationed" together (without his wife and kids).
Uhmmm, has the world gone crazy? Would a 28 year old man not see the inappropriateness of this, even IF there was no sex involved? (And does anyone believe there wasn't?)
First the Barbara Walters story, now this. What a week for adultery stories!

K
K
But it's OK because he was really good at throwing a ball.

I wish he could be tried for statutory rape.

Divorced
Q
Q
Just makes you sick doesn't it.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by Krazy71

Why can't he?

K
K
Originally Posted by keepitreal
Originally Posted by Krazy71

Why can't he?

I'm no attorney, but I think they'd have to prove they had sex AND what state they had sex in when she was underage...probably Texas.

Then IF there is no statute of limitations, you'd have to convince a DA to file charges against one of the most beloved Texans of all time for a crime he committed many years ago, with a girl that may have been underage, but was also a teenager who gave her consent.

I think he should be in a cell right now, but it ain't gonna happen.

Divorced
D
D
This reminds me of Jerry Lee Lewis and his cousin. Except they ended up married, at least for a while. But there was quite an age difference, IIRC.

Then years later, cousin Jimmy Swaggert got himself into a whole HEAP o' trouble!!! He wuddin' swaggerin' no more after dat!!!

M
M
Yeah, he didn't take steroids either wink

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
C
C
Just to 'keep it real,' I can tell you that his last homebase is not rallying around him. Between the steroids and now this - and all the money we spent on him! - he's not even mentioned any more. We're kind of embarrassed to be associated with him.

D
D
Originally Posted by MicheleG
Yeah, he didn't take steroids either wink

LOL! No, you're right. Jerry Lee opted for the mind-altering drugs. The "instant gratification" kind. I don't know about Jimmy. Hookers, so who knows?

Clemens just needs to go find a cave and stay there forever. He is non-news already.

C
C
When you combine the sense of entitlement from a WS..... with the "hey I'm a jock" massive sense of entitlement.....throw in a teenage groupie and you have a man that is now seeing his sure thing Hall of Flame membership go up in flames.

His dishonest Congressional testimony could be substituted for any WS's claim of innocence just by changing a few key words.

Judgement day is coming Roger. Say your prayers and practice your mea culpas. I don't know what can be salvaged now, if anything.

Divorced:
"Never shelter anyone from the realities of their decisions": Noodle

You believe easily what you hope for ernestly

Infidelity does not kill marriages, the lying does

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 514 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation