Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2049636 04/30/08 12:35 AM
D
dbs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My wife filed and moved out 8 months ago. After a pretty decent 4 months of communicating, she filed a frivilous p.o. one day so we could have no contact.

With several family functions that just happened, and more coming up including a wedding she told the kids she would remove the p.o. 4 weeks ago. I still have not received evidence of such, but attended a family function this last weekend because her attorney told he it was filed for and I would have it shortly.

At the function we had no contact, and still no proof of the p.o. being dropped, but she called me yesterday to tell me it was ok for us to be at the same place for these family things and to ask info on registering the car. Yesterday I also received notice of an upcoming hearing her attorney filed for to protest me letting our son move into a vacant house so I could receive some rent out of it to help pay the bills.

It seems interesting that the p.o. thing cannot get done in a month, but they can get a hearing scheduled in a week, along with she now wants to help pay bills. I am wondering if this is just to look better at the hearing to ask for some of the rent $ or what? And as soon as she thinks the p.o. is lifted she begins calling me again. What's up?

Last edited by dbs; 04/30/08 12:37 AM.
C
C
I would check with the courts or your attorney to get documentation on the p.o. If they do not have any documentation on it being lifted, avoid her so as not to get trapped. However, you really need to talk to your attorney if it hasn't been lifted. I think that some places have laws stating that, should the filing party initiate contact w/ the restrained party, the order may be automatically rescinded. You need legal advice on this one.

D
dbs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thx! I will be talking with my attorney today, and as much as I would like to think the best, with her attorney I just don't think so.

After all, what Mom would protest giving her own son a place to live?

D
dbs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Another family function this weekend. My wife apparantly thinks the p.o. has been lifted and went out of her way to talk with me at the swim party, along with some major flirting, then called me the next morning for directions to the other family gig, when she could have called 4 other people.

My attorney let me know that the p.o. has not been lifted by the court, although my wife has filed the paperwork.

Strange?

L
L
Hi dbs. Haven't posted to you before but have been interested in your updates. Strange indeed.

It seems like she just wants to make sure you are, or would be, "there" for her...in case she WANTS you there....

Keep us updated.

Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.
D
dbs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
It certainly has been about things on her schedule, even with the kids relationships. Part of the reason one of our sons has put some space between his family and her.

She does'nt seem to mind having a realtionship on her terms and schedule, but you never know what that is.

I'm guessing it will stay this way right through the D?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation