Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 100 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 99 100
B
B
Wow, T&L, if that doesn't make you cry, nothing will.

On a happier note, we passed our JCAHO inspection today. I'm sure you've been through those. Whew!

Our motto is "Hero Centered Care".

Hope you and your family are well.

T
T
Well then, Believer, I passed (or failed!) THAT test, since it did. crazy I think a lot of my friends are closest sadists, since they keep sending me stuff to look at that makes me get all snivelly.

I see that everybody is finally down for the count, including my dad, who came out 5 times in the last 20 minutes, bringing me different clothes to see (as I sit here in the dark) if they need washing, and the last time to see if I approved of the pajamas he was wearing. cry I take it back. His lights are still on. I think I'll go put his lights out for him! grin I'm so tired, but apparently the only one... mad More on the health front later, since there is news. But not tonight.

T
T
Cinderalla--Neak says to tell you she'll probably be in your area today when it's possible to visit briefly, but she'll let you know later on when the time is more definite.
I still haven't clicked on that feminine hygiene products aisle thread yet for fear of the dreaded price check.

N
N
Oh Ne-e-e-a-a-a-ky,

I just raised the bar again, kid-wise. I bought Caleb a Baby Book for his birthday. Laura is getting one for her next birthday. All the kids were excited by it.

I hope you like buying baby books.....

Sneaksis

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My children already HAVE baby books. laugh

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Betcha they have a bunch of empty pages in them, somewhat like a VERY whiny, anonymous someone we both know...and from whom I've been hearing a lot of contrasting lately regarding her baby book as compared to the others. SHE WAS BABY #4. IN SIX YEARS YEARS AND 2-1/2 MONTHS!!!!!!! What does she expect? crazy This anonymous person, I mean? laugh

N
N
Ms. Smug Sister told ME she thought she had written the Dervish's name in his.

T
T
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! whistle

T
T
My children already HAVE baby books.

Your children didn't have a promiscuous, drug-addicted, alcoholic mother, either.

A
A
Yes well I don't require any baby books myself thankyou ..... I've worked out its not the cabbage patch after all laugh

Though Mikey was a bit of a surprise blush

However Mrs vdK could use the whole set smirk

She could read up on it all while Mr vdK is otherwise engaged in other places. It may even encourage him to eat his 'cr*p food in this cr*p place' and be up and about sooner couldn't it? smile

It's not that I would suggest he's getting all sulky about the situation ... but well ..... grin

I got a Mothers day card .... Worlds Greatest Mummy .. sniff with a little photo inside of Mikey .. stuck on with Strawberry jam. confused ......... a cheesecake and a gift certificate for a massage at the health centre from Mrs vdK & my son JJ .... and an email from JJ in Afghanistan saying amongst other things 'ya aint bad for an old cheese' ... I'll give him old cheese the cheeky bugger!!! wink I'll box his ears ... after I find a ladder to climb up and do that!!

JJ and my wonderful future DIL, I've adopted her so JJ is stuck .. so sad too bad ... had a little tiff over the email. Seems SOMEONE told a fib about deployment ... SOMEONE volunteered didn't they ......
Seems my men will POJA everything but Army careers !!!! mad
Bloody men!!! ..... most visitors to the aisle excepted ! whistle

I keep saying 'Don't interfere ... Don't interfere ... Don't interfere' .... but even if he is my son he is in the wrong so there. If I was like my mum I'd interfere laugh well I am HER daughter .... crazy

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

S
S
Chuckle, Chuckle.........

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
T
T
P.S. Neaksis' kids are adopted. I thought about waiting an hour to post that addendum, but decided I didn't want her to have a stroke. (I'm nothing but considerate to my daughters. Plus, if she dies, I inherit her kids...) grin

A
A
(I'm nothing but considerate to my daughters. Plus, if she dies, I inherit her kids...)

**** SNORT **** I wouldn't DARE comment at all whistle

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

S
S
The jig's up T&L.

If you have time time to post about neak, and neaksis, you can tell us how YOU are doing.

Hi AW !!
Sounds like nothing much has changed.
Sometimes that's good, sometimes bad.
I hope everyone is well. You know what that means.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
C
C
Just left Neak and AJ. Picked them up about 6 p.m. Went to church for dinner, class, and kitchen cleanup (made them work!!). Then we went on a brief sight seeing expedition and drove by the Dairy Dip which was closed. So, we went to Target where I bought a round of Klondike bars. After that, I dropped them back off at the truck and brought my babies home to go to bed. We have to leave the house in 7 hrs.

I gotta go to bed, friends. G'night!

T
T
Well, several interesting snippets while I wait for my natives to cease their restlessness so I can go to bed, too.

(1) The Dervish cracks me up when he prays. He has trouble with "th" and "r" sometimes, what wif hith lithp. He always starts out his prayer by saying, "Dear Heavenly Far."

(2) He has a new tradition, now in its 3rd night. After we recite the Bible verses we're memorizing (currently Lamentations 3:22,23; Ps. 90:1,2; Job 14:14,15; and Isa. 64:8) he has to read a Bible verse himself. So far, he's read Gen. 1:l, Ps. 23:1, and one other I can't remember at the moment. He's very proud that he can read out of the "real" Bible.

(3) I sure got a good rise out of Neaksis today, thanks to AW and SS, who must've been writing out their posts during the little interchange about baby books; because it only took a minute or so to include the short addendum about the kids being adopted and by then there were 2 longer posts between the one where I talked about the drug-addicted, promiscuous, alcoholic mother and the one where I clarified that it wasn't Neaksis. So when she saw my post, she thought that was all I said and called to say, "Mama, I really wish you wouldn't say that." And I, not yet knowing about the gap between the two posts, couldn't figure out why she was objecting to my saying they were adopted. So I encouraged her to read on, and could tell by the snort when she got to my "clarification."

(4) GP has gained 7# in the last month. Not vomiting all the time will do that!! grin He also is regularly engrossed in Neak's first book, although at a snail's pace since the print is fairly small, his eyesight isn't good, and he has to use a magnifying glass. Still, he's up to where Malchus is going to infiltrate Barabbas' band of thieves, so I'm very impressed that he's kept at it this well.

(5) I won't be going back to work before October 1st, as things stand, and if it's possible to work things out financially, I wouldn't go back then either. Certainly not if I had any choice in the matter. If I NEVER had to go back to work I wouldn't feel like I'd been cheated out of some valuable part of my nursing career. 39 years is enough for me.

(6) If that diddly-blasted Meier doesn't keep barking at things all night every night, I'm going to buy him a large cork.

It's very quiet. I think I'll toddle off to dreamland myself.

A
A
When Mikeys asleep ... the dog is quite ... Liz is reading silently so as not to think too much .... when its softly raining ... then its the time I miss my Aussie and my sons most. So far away in harms way.

So for my wonderful daughter and all of those who wait ....

I'm a soldiers wife

Breaking News from a desert town
Smoke and rubble on the ground
The names we do not know right now
And it cuts me like a knife

With a tearful goodbye kiss
I sent him off to this
But I've gotta stay strong for our kids
I'm a soldier's wife

I run the house
I sleep alone
I live for e-mails
And the phone calls home
I tell my children he will be all right
And I hope it's not a lie
I'm a soldier's wife

We do the things we used to do
Go to church, go to school
But you could drive a truck right through
The hole that's in our lives

My little boy shoots me a grin
And says he wants to be like him
And I feel my heart start caving in
I'm a soldier's wife

Sometimes I'm angry
Sometimes confused
I live and die by
The evening news
But I tell my babies he will be all right
And I hope it's not a lie
I'm a soldier's wife

I pray for strength
I pray for peace
I pray that he comes home to me
And if you would please pray for me
I'm a soldier's wife.

T
T
You've got a hard road to hoe, AW, and a great deal of my admiration. Cinderella, Neak said she had a wonderful time at your house and will post soon. Right now she's working on the trucking accounts.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
It was so good to see Rella and her growing younguns. We saw places we had never seen before, and got to wash dishes, too, which was lots of fun. I can see why she likes to clean the church kitchen each week.

Then AJ took me to a wonderful place today, and I will have a few pix later. It was super interesting, and gorgeous!

And we are on our way home.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
It was wonderful to see Neak and AJ.

Here is something my children, cats, and I thought was hysterical!

Engineer's Guide To Cats

Page 15 of 100 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation