Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
No I'm not a pirate! I'm pissed....

I tried to repossess that damn car today... the tow truck driver got caught in the act and the police showed up.

I’m so pissed right now... and I’m sure she's smiling like a cheesier cat.

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
A
A
Hi, is the car titled in your name, drivable, and do you have a key?

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
All that info is in my other thread...

But the short answer is... it's titled in OUR names... I don't have a key. If I did I would have just drove it off... and Yes... it is drivable...

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
Q
Q
You can be pissed all you want, but I know from a sitch with my child, that since the car is in both names, I think the law feels she has every right to it.

How come you wanted it back today?

Sometimes the law just plain sucks doesn't it?

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm just really frustrated...

I'm so mad right now... I could spit nails.

I don't want the car because I need one or because I don't want her to have one... But I'm sure as hell not going to pay for a car and let her boyfriend drive it.... It's a boundary thing.. she's crossed a boundary of mine and I'm not going to let her cross it anymore.

Not only that... the tow truck driver said he overheard my wife say that her POS boyfrined doesn't even have a license.

I really don't want that POS [censored] driving my car and putting me at risk for a lawsuite because he got drunk and killed someone in my car....

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
A
I'm sorry, I didn't see your other thread. How old is the car? Have you contacted a dealership yet? They can usually get you a duplicate key made. I had to go that route once with a car I actually lost keys to, it took me about three days to get a key. I think they just need the vin and proof you own the car(doubt they would need both spouses present to get key)

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It's not that I want it back today....

I've been torn about what to do about it... I've talked about it here... I talked to my brother about it... I talked to her father about it... I've prayed about it...

Even If I sign the title over to her I dont' trust that she'll title it in her name only right away... She probably can't afford the insurance on it or anything else.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm sorry, I didn't see your other thread. How old is the car? Have you contacted a dealership yet? They can usually get you a duplicate key made. I had to go that route once with a car I actually lost keys to, it took me about three days to get a key. I think they just need the vin and proof you own the car

Don't be sorry... I'm sorry if I came across as gruff... I wasn't trying to be mean or anything....

I've done all that... it has a chip in the key... the car has to be at the dealership in order to make a duplicate key...

Hence... the tow truck...

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
Q
Q
Fire away... You have every right, what she is doing is unreasonable and I admire your strength.

It just sucks that the rest of the world doesn't help us, isn't it?

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
On top of that... I'm out $250 and have nothing to show for it...

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
A
Well that does suck and I certainly understand your concern. Do you maintain the insurance on it as of right now? If it were me, I would delete it from your current policy, write a new policy in both her's and your name but have yourself listed "for title purposes only" on that policy. That way if anything happens, it is harder for a lawyer to go after you.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Do you maintain the insurance on it as of right now?

Nope... I dropped the insurance on the 1st of the month... the day I paid it off... She had the nerve to ask me to give her a copy of the insurance so she could get the registation re-newed.

She's got alot of nerve asking me to help her do anything....

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
A
If it was me, I would go there one night and take the license plate off the car. The way it works where I live, when you delete car, insurance company notifies dmv and then when she goes to register or replace tag they are going to ask for proof of insurance. I've been in the insurance industry for a long time and have seen what you are going thru time and time again. Sorry to hear it's happening to you.

I'd also get her removed from your policy too, sometimes that is harder to do but it can be done if persistent.

K
K
Dude,

Can you get your hands on an ICE PICK??? Or any other sharp object? And puncture the tires!!

Or even slash the tires, so someone may have to buy 4 more new ones.

Just a thought! Could alleviate some of that pirate pressure too.

kirk

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
M
M
Originally Posted by krusht
Dude,

Can you get your hands on an ICE PICK??? Or any other sharp object? And puncture the tires!!

Hmm... contact cement in the locks might get it back to the dealer...

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by agedcadillac
If it was me, I would go there one night and take the license plate off the car. The way it works where I live, when you delete car, insurance company notifies dmv and then when she goes to register or replace tag they are going to ask for proof of insurance. I've been in the insurance industry for a long time and have seen what you are going thru time and time again. Sorry to hear it's happening to you.

I'd also get her removed from your policy too, sometimes that is harder to do but it can be done if persistent.

She's not on my policy.

As far as deleteing the insurance off the car... It depends on the state... one state might require the insurance companies to notify them when the insurance has been dropped from a vehicle another state may not...

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by krusht
Dude,

Or even slash the tires, so someone may have to buy 4 more new ones.

Just a thought! Could alleviate some of that pirate pressure too.

kirk

Yes it could aleviate some pressure... but in the end that's probably what she's expecting ... some sort of childish retaliation... that's what her previous husband did...

It didn't help their marriage... It may have felt good for a minute... but it didn't do anything to recover their marriage.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
A
True. I would call dmv in your state, many states do require some proof of insurance to maintain either a driver's license or tags.

If she is not on your policy and the car is not on your policy then maybe the person above has the right idea about slashing tires if all you want to do is make it hard for them to use car. Heck cram a couple potatoes up the tailpipes for good measure. I don't really think there are many laws out there keeping you from destroying your own property. Sounds like you pretty much already have yourself covered in event an unlicensed and drunk boyfriend wrecks the vehicle and hurts someone. It's not like you gave it to him to drive and if the law wants to say she is entitled to have car, then let her worry about the @sshole driving it.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by agedcadillac
True. I would call dmv in your state, many states do require some proof of insurance to maintain either a driver's license or tags.

If she is not on your policy and the car is not on your policy then maybe the person above has the right idea about slashing tires if all you want to do is make it hard for them to use car. Heck cram a couple potatoes up the tailpipes for good measure. I don't really think there are many laws out there keeping you from destroying your own property. Sounds like you pretty much already have yourself covered in event an unlicensed and drunk boyfriend wrecks the vehicle and hurts someone. It's not like you gave it to him to drive and if the law wants to say she is entitled to have car, then let her worry about the @sshole driving it.

If I wanted to make the car un-drivable... and extreamly expensive to fix... I could very easily do that... No problem...

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
A
Man you're really in a catch 22 if she isn't responsible enough to carry some insurance on it if you're not going to depending on tha value of the car...I'm assuming it is somewhat late model vehicle and if you say you could make it extremely expensive to actually fix w/o total loss then I'm assuming it's worth some good value and is that worth the risk to you to take it as a total uninsured loss to your pocket?

I would mainly try to distant myself from being sued due to wreck, but still cover your investment somehow and I know you've probably been thinking all of this already so I will stop now smile

I feel for you. It's amazin what people will put their spouses through.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation