Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I am having trouble viewing email addresses on people's profiles...including mine. I know that I put my address in there and I don't remember anything that said whether or not I wanted it displayed on my profile, but I rarely see an email address on a profile...

Any ideas?

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.
Three sons...4, 5, and 7.
06/04 EA begins (Unknown to me).
02/10/05 D-Day EA (Unknown PA).
02/24/08 D-Day LTA 3+ YEARS! (same OW).

_
_

Up until the last week or so, I could see my own email in the appropriate place in my profile. I can no longer see it there and I see no place to "Allow" it to be displayed.

They may (or likely) be still changing the code for this forum and may have decided to eliminate that feature, or just killed it by accident.

Larry

J
Administrator
Administrator
J
Check your profile.

If you have entered your email address in the space for "Displayed Email Address" it SHOULD show up at the very bottom when anyone clicks on your profile page.

During the upgrade we lost our BIO page, the place where we used to have our address displayed. I don't know if we are ever going to get BIO back.

And, all members, whether you want your address displayed or not, PLEASE check & update your profile to make sure your address is current!!

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
H
OP Offline
H
I have a place to "verify" my email address on my profile, but only a place that says "display NAME" not "display EMAIL."

I added my email to my signature line, but I'd rather have it in my profile. As my H says, it may just be a screw loose on the keyboard (aka me). If you have more specific instructions as to how to add it to my profile, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

HTM

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.

J
Administrator
Administrator
J
I'm sorry HTM. You are correct. YOUR profile, when YOU view it looks different than when I view it and you do not have a space for "Displayed Email Address".

And, since the upgrade, we no longer have a BIO section. I don't know if we'll ever get that back. I have requested it!

I know I have asked everyone to limit their signature section to ONLY their "story" or history. But, since the upgrade glitches, and the long delay in repairing them, if you want/need your email address to be available to other members, you'll have to add them to your signature lines.

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks JU...

I was starting to wonder if it were MY technical challenges that were in the way. I'll just keep my email as a tag line at the bottom and then change it back to the bio if/when we get it back.

HTM

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.

_
_

Justuss. . .

For whatever it is worth, UBB (Groupee) is in Seattle, WA, a place that is famous for software releases before their time (Micro$oft). Must be something in the coffee. I was looking at all the gripes about version 7.3 the other day and thought of you. UBB is one of the better ones and I suspect they will eventually get all the bugs whacked.

Notice my sig has lost its color smile That is one of the current bugs they are ignoring until they get more important things fixed. The moderator of their forum commented that they really can't fix everything until the new releases get into the real world and that even then, people pushed them for releases way before time because of features they were looking for.

Larry

M
M
[color:"blue"]See bio for details & email address.[/color]

Hey Larry...I'm pretty sure that if you take the word blue out of quotes it will work...wink

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

_
_

Sheesh. Thanks Mrs.W. I was over on UBB the other day looking for instructions on the change. I have a guy who owns a forum who was asking me questions because I used to do what he is doing now with an older (much older) version. I cudda asked you. smile

I'll go fix it now. . .

Larry

M
M
grin

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation