Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
_
_Larry_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_

There are several ways of spell checking before you post. The most common and effective method (works for me) is to download the Google toolbar and use it for spell checking and stopping all those darn popups (about 95% effective).

I post this about every six months or so after I have either seen gross issues in people's posts or somebody bemoans that they don't have a spellchecker, like shinethrough has done in a thread I am watching.

There are at least a dozen other spell checker sites out there. The reason I prefer Google is because the checker is imbedded in the browser, which makes it convenient. If you want something else for whatever reason, then go to your favorite search engine and type in 'spell check online.'

No, I do not know of a grammar checker for browsers frown

Larry

S
S
WOW
Thanks Larry, I'm going to try this.

Then i won't have to be the forum bafoon(sp?)anymore laugh

All Blessings,
Jerry

K
K
I make mistakes like everyone else, but a pet peeve of mine is the misuse of the following words:

your and you're

there, their, and they're

to and too

Don't get me started on this butchering of the language:

INCORRECT: could of, should of, or would of.

CORRECT: could've or could have, should've or should have, would've or would have

Divorced
W
W
your and you're

there, their, and they're

to and too

After d-day, these were the first to go for me. Going back and reading some of my posts, I'm just embarrassed.

My mind no longer processed how to use these words correctly.

It's coming back...but slowly.

These type of errors used to be a HUGE pet peeve of mine, too. I'm a little more forgiving now.

K
K
I'm really just having fun. They don't actually make me angry.

After my d-day, I was so out of my mind that I planned OM's death. I barely remember a 6 month period.

I think a few spelling errors are acceptable. laugh

Divorced
S
S
y'all remind me of my mammy. She used to go ballistic when there was improper spelling or grammar being thrown, or written, about. Her head would explode if she was alive and reading this forum.

I rememeber asking her, as a child, "can I go outside?" . Her response, thru pursed lips, "I don't know if you can, but you MAAAAAAY so far as I'm concerned."

I always say "May I?" these days and work on my son with it every day. Mammy would be so proud, but you would never know it. The only emotion I remember is angry.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
M
M
What is a "MAMMY"?...I'm thinking, GONE WITH THE WIND..

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
S
S
It's what we called my grandmother. She was "mammy" or "mamaw". I thought it was a southern thing.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
_
_Larry_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_

I might need to rename this thread.

My pet peeve above all else is the use of "that" instead of "Who."

For example, "My wife is the one that," isn't correct. "My wife is the one who," is correct. Person is always who and inanimate is always that.

Larry

M
M
You better believe that MY grandchildren will NOT be calling me "MAMMY"...LOL...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
S
S
I hear ya Mimi.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
J
J
OK, laugh

I spell well, just the wrong words depending on how fast I am typing. Who -> how, one -> on, etc.

Can you tell I have dyslexia???

Wrong word well spelled is my signature, right. wink

JL

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation